Play-E chu pattern

Gametaku

Master Member
Reaction score
Play-E chu pattern (Black shop)

:mad:

Playe sent out an email yesterday at 3.30pm saying that there is an ongoing cashback promotion right now (Email title is "The Return of the Cashback!"). Buyers will just have to spend $80 between the period of Feb 17-19 and a $40 cashback will be credited to their Playe account.

c2d456fd7719436d8a4c7b09361d6604.png

Received another email at 2am today saying that there is no such promotion going on right now. They said that the previous email was sent out due to a system glitch. WAD THE FISH is this?! Told 3 of my friends about the promotion and they have already bought something from Playe. This is unacceptable even if they do allow full refund. If i am not wrong, false advertising is considered as criminal offense. Super unprofessional shop! :mad:

bcb927fed6c749a1b3108ea88cacc4b2.png

Last edited:

yaqin123

Reaction score
how can it be a technical glitch when they already designed the poster for the promotion.. bet the shop is just playing around..:mad:

trailblaze

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah but really big loss man... 50% off is ott. Maybe they realised it last min haiz

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Wah but really big loss man... 50% off is ott. Maybe they realised it last min haiz
Not really 50% off, since it's store credit. Best case scenario, you buy $80, get the $40 cashback, then buy another $40 item. So the savings is $40 out of $120, that's 33% discount. But you probably won't find items exactly at $80 (maybe more, or maybe less so you add a second item and the total overshoots $80 quite a lot) or $40 (you probably buy another $80 new game instead). So the savings may be $40 out of ($85+$85), perhaps 23% discount. And you only have 1 week to spend the casback, you may forget (then it's 0% discount) or you may buy something you didn't intended to (ok I have $40 I don't want to buy a $80 new game so I get an old game that's $50... so they basically clear stock on something that wasn't selling).

They must have considered all of these already when they planned the promo and made the poster. They probbaly have second thoughts about it (should put "first 50 customers only" or "lucky draw 10 customers picked each day") and ate their words. Bad PR.

qwertified

Reaction score
I don't buy from play-e anyway, their prices not fantastic at all.. rather go gamewerks

shengliang1981

Reaction score
Probably trying very hard to recover from the free wallet topup galore last time.. i missed those days..

kiryu86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
getting from bad to worst, until now they still duno when the yakuza 0 normal edition will come in, knn, big company like that oso can dunno this n that

Runez

Master Member
Reaction score
getting from bad to worst, until now they still duno when the yakuza 0 normal edition will come in, knn, big company like that oso can dunno this n that

Kiryu cool down, u need haruka to pacify u?

tidiii

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

becus the entire world was getting 'normal' edition upgraded to biz edition for free (except sg) and sega has only started printing the normal edition after release which is what i was complaining about earlier but ofc, u all would rather pay 20$ for biz upgrade and support this nonsense

https://www.destructoid.com/yakuza-0-business-edition-pre-order-is-lackluster-389637.phtml

kiryu86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
becus the entire world was getting 'normal' edition upgraded to biz edition for free (except sg) and sega has only started printing the normal edition after release which is what i was complaining about earlier but ofc, u all would rather pay 20$ for biz upgrade and support this nonsense

https://www.destructoid.com/yakuza-0-business-edition-pre-order-is-lackluster-389637.phtml

sibei jialat one here, cut people throat is number one, up price by $20 for that few pieces of cheap card?

asia PSN oso one kind, the purpose of digital game at first was to charge cheaper becuz no need box and disc, save cost save the earth eco friendly,

but look the price now? like no much differences from physical copies. :s22::s22:

like this might as well go for physical copies? at least when freak time comes, needing of cash, can sell it away. :s13::s13:

tidiii

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
sibei jialat one here, cut people throat is number one, up price by $20 for that few pieces of cheap card?

asia PSN oso one kind, the purpose of digital game at first was to charge cheaper becuz no need box and disc, save cost save the earth eco friendly,

but look the price now? like no much differences from physical copies. :s22::s22:

like this might as well go for physical copies? at least when freak time comes, needing of cash, can sell it away. :s13::s13:

i only see prices go down during closing down sale

symbiote28

Reaction score
damn BS one. so the mail graphics miraculously created by itself? i guess that's the last of me supporting them.

mliolukiye

Reaction score
My brother did inform me about this great cashback but I told him I didn't receive any email and there's no advertisement or any notification in play-e app. Nothing related to this was on the official site. So I thought it may be system delay in batch sending the email or whatever.

17 Feb nothing. 18 Feb still nothing. I asked my brother if it was fake. (lol) then today I saw your post.

However, Play-e did have some great cashback previously. Spent $150 on multiple games and get back $100 anniversary promo (I used it for Nintendo classic edition, which only cost $9.90 instead of $109.90) but then yes, some stuffs are exp, like the digital cards, better off getting from Play Asia.

Also I receive good customer service from them when I'm at the shops most of the time.

Regarding this mishap, the least they could do is a full refund or just honor it, I'll be very mad too as it affected friends.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am happy that Qishan break away from Play-e.... :o

The PLAYe departure

In July 2016, Qisahn made The Straits Times headlines by joining the PLAYe chain of games and collectible stores. The latter had formed in 2015, swiftly picking up various retailers to become the dominant brand in Singapore.

By December, Qisahn bought back its name and back-end technology to go independent. The branching off from PLAYe, as reported by Geek Culture, was amicable.

Soon points to a “change in direction” as his reasons for leaving. While he saw the benefits of joining the PLAYe family, he found it was best for him to part ways and focus on Qisahn’s strengths as the organization shifted its focus elsewhere.

bwaysaibonk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

chiu all really kum lan if chiu all buy console digital games at day 1 price. Can't resell the game after finish playing. Next time chiu wanna quit console all your games become useless. Wanna sell your account also can't sell for much money. At least if chiu got 100 physical games, chiu can sell easily at 5 bucks per pop. Good luck selling your accounts of 100 digital games for 500 bucks.

At least pc digital games still ok since chiu will almost always have a pc and can access the library any day any time and no worries of backward compatibility.

Sent from Smlj? using GAGT

tidiii

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
chiu all really kum lan if chiu all buy console digital games at day 1 price. Can't resell the game after finish playing. Next time chiu wanna quit console all your games become useless. Wanna sell your account also can't sell for much money. At least if chiu got 100 physical games, chiu can sell easily at 5 bucks per pop. Good luck selling your accounts of 100 digital games for 500 bucks.

At least pc digital games still ok since chiu will almost always have a pc and can access the library any day any time and no worries of backward compatibility.

Sent from Smlj? using GAGT

alot of people sell games, but alot of people also dun wan to sell games.

personally i dun like to sell my games also but i still prefer physical and the only digital games i buy are those tt i see myself gg to play over and over again so i dun have to keep changing disc

anyway i dun doubt that there r people who need to sell their games to fund their gaming but there r also people who r high earners and really dont give a sh!t about the stupid prices shops give us (like wan to offer me 10$ for my 3ds games come on la wtf that is not even 1 meal) sometimes i rather use my disc as frisbee than resell

tidiii

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am happy that Qishan break away from Play-e.... :o

honestly, i go around see the playe shops tt got acquired by them, actually no change at all..just that they r part of a brand now...machiam give them money to change name only

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.