The Galaxy Note 8 (2017 edition)

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After 1.5yrs, i think my note 5 battery is dying. Wouldnt last half a day. Saw the video how to change the internal battery, it was horrifying.
It was iphone's idea to make battery built in , then samsung blindly followed suit.
What is so wrong to make external battery ?
I hope they wont also blindly follow iphone's new stupid idea to remove the 3.5mm std earphone jack as well.
Unfortunately i think they will.
To make a premium looking phone that's of a glass built?

You can't expect removable battery from a phone built with glass right??

Sent from an Xperia using GAGT

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After 1.5yrs, i think my note 5 battery is dying. Wouldnt last half a day. Saw the video how to change the internal battery, it was horrifying.
It was iphone's idea to make battery built in , then samsung blindly followed suit.
What is so wrong to make external battery ?
I hope they wont also blindly follow iphone's new stupid idea to remove the 3.5mm std earphone jack as well.
Unfortunately i think they will.

for 3.5mm headset jack, dont think samsung wil follow anytime soon. HTC did follow removing the headset jack.

Now almost all phones manufacturers has battery built in. Even for Xiaomi and LG.

Bonn

Master Member
Reaction score
You will never know if the terrorist will make a plastic bomb which will fit in the phone and bring up the plane. That will be disastrous. I think thats one of the reasons why at certain airports, they want you to turn on the phone or notebook for them to see.

Jackygogogo

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Note 5 flaw is it doesn't haf sdcard. The unit get hot easily using gear vr too, otherwise it's a good phone.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That is why they make those features not found in Note5 in Note7. But it just.... too hot to handle

Jackygogogo

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would still prefer removable batt over water resistent anyday and for the long run, the deplicted batt can be replace easily and less costly as compared to sending for replacement which will cost 4 times more than getting a battery.
And I would rather a durable back than crackable glass back.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would still prefer removable batt over water resistent anyday and for the long run, the deplicted batt can be replace easily and less costly as compared to sending for replacement which will cost 4 times more than getting a battery.

Yeah. They have integrated that in S5. Removable battery with water resistance.

Samfreak

Reaction score

Fully agree. Would prefer to carry a second battery than a power bank. Not concern about premium look or not - functionality is more important for such a phone. Plastic is fine and works. Anyway, its in a phone cover.

Last edited:

sgmem88

Reaction score
I guess in the past... drop test video always show back cover and batt flying all over places during drop testing...make phone look bad, manufacture malu...so now they sealed tight tight..:s22:

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the devices before Note 4 that has removable battery. its good in the sense that we can change battery when its spoilt. from my experience from what i see, there are more battery faults with removable battery phones.

Those internal battery phones seems battery battery hold

Samfreak

Reaction score
One of my family member is still using his Note 1 (or is it 2? Its so old I can't remember). Just buy a new battery, slip it in and its good for another two years at least. But bad news for Samsung of course since they can't sell another phone to this person. And I'm sure this factors in their commercial decisions on batteries.

deathst

Master Member
Reaction score
One of my family member is still using his Note 1 (or is it 2? Its so old I can't remember). Just buy a new battery, slip it in and its good for another two years at least. But bad news for Samsung of course since they can't sell another phone to this person. And I'm sure this factors in their commercial decisions on batteries.

You've to add in the fact that back then all the device battery fires are caused by 3rd party battery and chargers too. Which was out of their control unlike the N7 event

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You've to add in the fact that back then all the device battery fires are caused by 3rd party battery and chargers too. Which was out of their control unlike the N7 event

Some are also caused by third party cables. I keep using originals

sanilpriya

Reaction score
don't think so for Singapore. Their policy different from other countries. Singapore SS have already provided full refund

It is the marketing message that will be super powerful. Think of the power of communication that most of the Note 7 Users buy Note 8. That will be much more impactful than running millions of $ ad saying that Samsung believe in quality.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.