Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

kw

Reaction score
Can consider Daikin 3mks50fsg for system 3

Understand that the 3mks50fsg is only 18k btu. My 3 bedroom size range fr 150 to 170sqft. I intend to install 12k btu FCU for the 170sqft master bedroom and 2x9k btu FCU for the other 2 bedrooms. Will the 18k compressor be sufficient when all 3 bedrooms FCU are on at the same time? Thanks

Pree Mario

Reaction score
Hi RainbowDreamer,

Im not an ezpert in aircons. But after reading about 30 to 40 pages on this thread. I finally made my mind on either Daikin or ME. Point is lots of users down here talks about ME a lot and the issues the face. But 1 thing I have to agree with them is that, if the installation is screwed up then no matter what brand we use its still useless.

If you don't mind sharing can you PM me which company you hire to do your aircon installation and how much does it cost you?

I'm planning to install system 4 for my house. Maybe 3x 9kbtu and 1x 12k but for my living room. Any advise. My house is about 19yrs old. No aircon bracket. I bought this on resale. It's 5room, 125sqft.

keiichiro

Reaction score
Experience sharing for an air con contractor (No naming and number )

Contractor A quote my parent 2.5k for ME System 2 with standard piping.
During site survey, parent wanted to install above room entrance but he insist FCU too big to install there. All other proposed FCU position difficult to do , only position nearest to compressor is ok.

Called him up to clarify with him on the quote and work. Told him others quote market rate of 2.3K for same model. Immediately he told me ok, price is negotiable just let him know what price i want.

Further probe on how he do the work, he insist copper pipe for both room will be insulated in one Armflex tube to reduce trunking size. He have done this many times and no problem so far.

Hearing that, i told him thank you and hang up the phone.

Found another contractor who came and installed the FCU above the room entrance with proper insulation done..

Last edited:

terumo

Reaction score
150 sq ft requires around 7.5k btu.
When all 3 all on, the individual fcu BTU will auto decrease.
Whats the sq ft of the other 2 rooms?

Understand that the 3mks50fsg is only 18k btu. My 3 bedroom size range fr 150 to 170sqft. I intend to install 12k btu FCU for the 170sqft master bedroom and 2x9k btu FCU for the other 2 bedrooms. Will the 18k compressor be sufficient when all 3 bedrooms FCU are on at the same time? Thanks

terumo

Reaction score
5 room living room, 12k seems insufficient.
Need 22/24k btu.

Hi RainbowDreamer,

Im not an ezpert in aircons. But after reading about 30 to 40 pages on this thread. I finally made my mind on either Daikin or ME. Point is lots of users down here talks about ME a lot and the issues the face. But 1 thing I have to agree with them is that, if the installation is screwed up then no matter what brand we use its still useless.

If you don't mind sharing can you PM me which company you hire to do your aircon installation and how much does it cost you?

I'm planning to install system 4 for my house. Maybe 3x 9kbtu and 1x 12k but for my living room. Any advise. My house is about 19yrs old. No aircon bracket. I bought this on resale. It's 5room, 125sqft.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My config for 4rm BTO, 2 x 9k for 2 common bedroom, 1 x 13btu for 1 MBR, 1 x 24btu for living room etc. 320sqf for living/dining, 170sqf for MBR, 115sqf for common bedroom. So BTU/sqf are about the same for all, my logic.

kw

Reaction score
150 sq ft requires around 7.5k btu.
When all 3 all on, the individual fcu BTU will auto decrease.
Whats the sq ft of the other 2 rooms?
Master bed room - 173 sqft

Bedroom 2 - 165 sqft

Bedroom 3 - 150 sqft

Shd I get the 3mks71fsg instead?

longfart

Reaction score
I just done my aircon works. here is something i can share with you:

the minimum standard of copper pipe is G23, normally upgrade to G22 is good enough I think. my husband said no point to use even more thicker copper pipe if the installer didn't do well. for my new house design, almost all trunking are hide inside cabinet and ceiling. so we decide to use G22 and 1/2" thickness Armaflex to minimize the future problems.

as my aircon contractor told me, there's different Class for Armaflex. and she show me the difference when they come down for site check.

if you decided go with 1/2" armaflex, just get Class 0 grade, and make sure the installers do the proper work. i saw some of my neighbour piping, works been short cut by installers, didn't give what they have promise at first.

How do I make sure the installer will do a good job? Has anyone's aircon been installed by Vision Air or NAT Aire Builder (aka DIY Appliances) before? Or do you guys have any other recommendations?

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am seeking help from aircon experts here as I am out of ideas already. I am having problems with my 6 years MHI aircon.

All 3 fancoils shut down together after 1-2 hours. Error light blinking. Switch it on again and it switches off again after 1-2 hours. Keeps repeating.

Is it the fuse or fan or motor or pcb?

Any suggestions from anyone? Any clues to the problem, please? Thanks!!!

I have a MHI aircon too. It is nearly 7 years now. You can see the codes here:

http://acerrorcode.com/mitsubishi-heavy-industries-ac-inverter-wall-split-error-codes.html

donut88

Reaction score
I'm looking ard for air con to replace current system.

9k + 18k BTU. was quoted by Gain City, $2300+. MIT starmex. Compressor is system 3 compressor.

Cheap?

Gain City gave the best quote, comparing to other companies like All Best, Best Tech, Courts, Best Denki.

Gain City promise to use good material like 1/2 armaflex, made in Singapore wire, etc.

Any other companies to recommend?

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

9k + 18k BTU. was quoted by Gain City, $2300+. MIT starmex. Compressor is system 3 compressor.

Cheap?

Gain City gave the best quote, comparing to other companies like All Best, Best Tech, Courts, Best Denki.

Gain City promise to use good material like 1/2 armaflex, made in Singapore wire, etc.

Try Cold Engine. They have good price for Starmex.

XdEvoIdx

Reaction score
Hi,

My home already have starmex invertor unit installed, and I have problem with my compressor. Now I intend to replace the current units, 3x9 + 1x18.

I rarely use the 1x18 but I intend to connect it with the new compressor. Can I get the MXY3A28VA and connect the old 1x18 and 3x9 with it? Not sure if this is possible with the new compressor. Hope to hear some insights. Thanks in advance!

eisrad_11

Reaction score

Cheap?

Tried Newway? I was recommended to them previously and have been using them for a couple of years now.

They installed my new MHI Sys 3 and so far everything is working perfectly. Did up a few maintenance session with them as well.

Responsible service with quality workmanship. Not too sure if they are the cheapest though. U can try asking.

terumo

Reaction score
Yes, You should be able to use back your existing fancoil units.
The outdoor model should be MXY-4A28VA.

Hi,

My home already have starmex invertor unit installed, and I have problem with my compressor. Now I intend to replace the current units, 3x9 + 1x18.

I rarely use the 1x18 but I intend to connect it with the new compressor. Can I get the MXY3A28VA and connect the old 1x18 and 3x9 with it? Not sure if this is possible with the new compressor. Hope to hear some insights. Thanks in advance!

terumo

Reaction score
Your $2300+ quote is with new piping or using back existing?

Cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.