Ask me any questions

Mach8Fapper

hi guys i have 2 options of getting wifi.

1: rent mifi from changi

2: buy their local simcard at the airport. problem is where do i go to purchase a local simcard? would it be easy to find the store selling these simcards? isit cheaper than renting mifi from changi?

cpuer

hi guys i have 2 options of getting wifi.

1: rent mifi from changi

2: buy their local simcard at the airport. problem is where do i go to purchase a local simcard? would it be easy to find the store selling these simcards? isit cheaper than renting mifi from changi?

u want to buy a local sim for your own mifi?

if just for data usage in your phone, you can get from qoo10, qute a few sellers

e.g.
http://list.qoo10.sg/item/NTT-DOCOM...0-15-30-DAYS-SIM-CARDS-HIGH-QUALITY/451494825

VD

If u have your own mifi device or if u intend to use yr phone then getting a sim from online is cheaper. Otherwise renting a mifi is hassle free

Mach8Fapper

u want to buy a local sim for your own mifi?

if just for data usage in your phone, you can get from qoo10, qute a few sellers

e.g.
http://list.qoo10.sg/item/NTT-DOCOM...0-15-30-DAYS-SIM-CARDS-HIGH-QUALITY/451494825
no arh, i wanna buy those type you linked de. a Japan Prepaid data sim card.

the thing is would it be easily available at japan there? i wanna purchase there if possible cause i also heard they have the tools to put the simcard into my phone.
If u have your own mifi device or if u intend to use yr phone then getting a sim from online is cheaper. Otherwise renting a mifi is hassle free

dont have my own mifi device wor, dont feel like renting one from changi unless i got no choice... cause if i rented one then have to take care of the unit... later spoil or damage then tio blamed for it.

buy sim card from online is better than buying in Japan itself??

cpuer

the thing is would it be easily available at japan there? i wanna purchase there if possible cause i also heard they have the tools to put the simcard into my phone.

dont have my own mifi device wor, dont feel like renting one from changi unless i got no choice... cause if i rented one then have to take care of the unit... later spoil or damage then tio blamed for it.

If you insist, yes, you can get from amazon co jp, yodoyabashi etc to deliver to your hotel. Or you can visit those big electronic shops/chain like BIC CAMERA, YODOYABASHI in JP.

When you talk about tools for sim, are you talking about those sim tray pin? :s11:

crntbs

Just go google for japan data sim prepaid cards and you'll get your ans. Just note that some of the sim card providers required you to return the sim cards via postage dropoff after usuage (if i didn't recall wrongly). Think some of the airports have data sim vending machines.

I've bought from econnect and bmobile via online during my last 2 trips and requested for delivery to my hotel.

Mach8Fapper

If you insist, yes, you can get from amazon co jp, yodoyabashi etc to deliver to your hotel. Or you can visit those big electronic shops/chain like BIC CAMERA, YODOYABASHI in JP.

When you talk about tools for sim, are you talking about those sim tray pin? :s11:
hmm i dont think need deliver to hotel. do the airport have shops that sell these 1 time use sim cards(use liao throw after) ?

and yup tools meaning the pin to open the sim tray you are correct. cant be i bring the pin along with me :(
Just go google for japan data sim prepaid cards and you'll get your ans. Just note that some of the sim card providers required you to return the sim cards via postage dropoff after usuage (if i didn't recall wrongly). Think some of the airports have data sim vending machines.

I've bought from econnect and bmobile via online during my last 2 trips and requested for delivery to my hotel.

Narita airport have data sim vending machine anot arh? the size dont think is a problem but the problem might be the pin to open the sim tray. if no choice then gotta bring along also :s22:

TonyDelPiero

hmm i dont think need deliver to hotel. do the airport have shops that sell these 1 time use sim cards(use liao throw after) ?

and yup tools meaning the pin to open the sim tray you are correct. cant be i bring the pin along with me :(

Narita airport have data sim vending machine anot arh? the size dont think is a problem but the problem might be the pin to open the sim tray. if no choice then gotta bring along also :s22:

Bring the pin la. I brought paper clip and use it to open the sim tray before. There was no issue.

cpuer

Just bring the pin with you, not a big problem.if so adverse to bring it, then get the sim from qoo and insert the sim while in SG. Then you dont have to bring that pin with you to JP.

some SIM seller also throw in a pin as freebie. Freetel SIM from JP also have a free pin provided.

sevensomerset

TS, what travel insurance u hoot?
annual or 1-time?
u claim b4? which 1 good?
interestes in 1-time travel insurance.

saw SAMPO ads on newspaper, good?
was quoted 8-days Japan for $48

fairnsquare

Hi all, any one got experience flying out of Osaka via China Airlines (CAL)?
My luggage limit is 30kg, so I can check in 1 x 30kg luggage case or need to pack as: 1 x 23kg plus 1 x 7kg?
As I think they have limit of 23kg/luggage, when flying out of Japan or USA. ANA and Delta both limit 2 luggages and max. 23kg each.

evilerniex

Hi all, any one got experience flying out of Osaka via China Airlines (CAL)?
My luggage limit is 30kg, so I can check in 1 x 30kg luggage case or need to pack as: 1 x 23kg plus 1 x 7kg?
As I think they have limit of 23kg/luggage, when flying out of Japan or USA. ANA and Delta both limit 2 luggages and max. 23kg each.

different airline got different limits... some is 1 x 30kg, some is 2 x 23kg etc.
have to check with the airline on ur luggage limit

evilerniex

annual or 1-time?

see how often u travel in a year. annual ones usually need ard 3 major trips to be worth it. if u travelling frequently for work, then likely to be worth it

my personal experience is not to go with small insurance company. they are more detailed (neow) when it comes to claims. i kanna flight delay in sri lanka before... more than 6hrs, and got letter from airline to state delay. small insurance company say not enuf, letter didnt state the reason for delay. ask us to get another letter from airline

bigger company usually easier coz they probably dun want to bother with small straight-forward claim cases, they just pay loh. so far my friends claim with ntuc, all no issue.

sevensomerset

see how often u travel in a year. annual ones usually need ard 3 major trips to be worth it. if u travelling frequently for work, then likely to be worth it

my personal experience is not to go with small insurance company. they are more detailed (neow) when it comes to claims. i kanna flight delay in sri lanka before... more than 6hrs, and got letter from airline to state delay. small insurance company say not enuf, letter didnt state the reason for delay. ask us to get another letter from airline

bigger company usually easier coz they probably dun want to bother with small straight-forward claim cases, they just pay loh. so far my friends claim with ntuc, all no issue.

SOMPO is big or small?

cpuer

thanks for the tips.. at Narita airport can find this Freetel SIM?

why not getting Starhub Happyroam prepaid sim? just $15 for 2.4GB, solve all your concerns. Can use immediately upon touch down at Narita. Can in fact start using it while u are still in Sg as its just a local sim that allows dataroaming. With Happyroam, there is not much reason of getting any other sim now.

anyhowsaysay

annual or 1-time?

If you got those miles cc. use those to book your flight and get free insurance.

Mach8Fapper

why not getting Starhub Happyroam prepaid sim? just $15 for 2.4GB, solve all your concerns. Can use immediately upon touch down at Narita. Can in fact start using it while u are still in Sg as its just a local sim that allows dataroaming. With Happyroam, there is not much reason of getting any other sim now.
wah another new tip nice! will be going to their website to see see.. but 2.4gb abit low..

This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.