The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
chance? mensbazaar sold his business?

that site is not secured. better becareful..

Actually they are still mensbazaar. Their only meetup location is still near compass point, interestingly. Main hp number also same. May be they change name due to reputation issue. They changed it on carousell also and remade a new account with new name on shopee, same for their qoo10.

Source: I am undercover hair police

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually they are still mensbazaar. Their only meetup location is still near compass point, interestingly. Main hp number also same. May be they change name due to reputation issue. They changed it on carousell also and remade a new account with new name on shopee, same for their qoo10.

Source: I am undercover hair police

hmm, recently got saga with the boss of mensbazaar, aka Dapper.

someone say he cheated a forum member of $250 bucks when transacting for a luxury time piece. then went online and put it for sale on carousell for profit.

its on the watch thread.

i also heard that they become less responsive over the year, not sure why. maybe busy with work.

PinkOnion

Reaction score
Clay or wax for this kind of hairstyle?

16788791_1667939470165769_2319162432943030272_n.jpg

I have fine, thin and soft hair. Still thinking if I should get ByVilain's DC or Morris Mortley to get this type of look.

Initially, I thought of getting Claymation but from GX bro's posts, it seems like it doesn't hold in our climate. I guess that's why my QS isn't really working well.

Any advice? :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is Care Shampoo? I searched for it but no results. Can you show a picture?

Do you mean using Care Shampoo just wash once and OSIS Session Finish hairspray can be washed off completely?

Sorry for the very late reply! Have not been participating actively in this thread now :(

You can google for Care for my cut Daily shampoo.

Anyway, here you go for the requested pic.
Care-for-My-Cut-Daily-Shampoo.jpg

And yes, approx 1 to 1.5 pumps of care shampoo will be able to wash off the styling products (incl osis hairspray) in the hair. In fact, most decent shampoos will be able to unless the styling products are being applied excessively.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommendation for hair spray to use after styling?

There are tons of finishing hairsprays out there. You must ask yourself this question first.

1) Are you looking for a lightweight or extreme control hairspray?
2) Are you looking for one that comes with slight shine or matte finish?

Some basic info about finishing hairsprays.
- The function of the finishing hairspray is to hold and fix the hairstyle in place throughout the day.
- Most hairsprays come in the form of extreme control (knitting the hair tightly together), usually accompanied with slight shine (due to the dispensed liquid particles being harder to evaporate hence the shine and weight).

Check out theprettyjerk! :)

Thanks for recommending us bro!

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no expiry date i guess?

2 years shelf life at least

To add on, something that I personally realize is that usually expensive brands (not limited to hair grooming products) will not come with expiry date. Not that I think it's made to last indefinitely, but definitely a reasonably long period of time.

In the case of other products, a benchmark of 3 years can be used. So no worries on that area. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All different brand wax, hair finishing spray, sea salt spray is it can mix when applied on the same hair? I mean they are chemicals so asking is there any brand/types that are know to cause problems like scalp/ drop hair/dandruff problem when applied all on the same hair together.

You need not worry too much on this matter. If you realize, you are only applying the styling products on the hair, and not the scalp. And the fact is hair will grow as long as the scalp is healthy. To understand hair loss, one of the main causes for hair loss is clogged hair pores that blocks healthy hair growth.

In conclusion, if you're applying the styling products in a proper manner (i.e. not applying onto the scalp), it will not cause any negative impact for you. However, applying excessive hair products onto the hair and not washing them properly (in turn affecting the scalp) is a different issue entirely.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My feedback on Feeling Show Shampoo.

Feeling Show Shampoo
- Texture: green gel type
- Smell: slight minty smell
- Feel/Touch on scalp during wash: cooling feel due to the menthol
- Smell after wash: no smell
- Hair texture after wash: in between dry and moisturized

Thanks for your review, bro :)

Also, FYI - I am currently testing a green tea scalp shampoo. Very refreshing too. Best part is that it is an organic shampoo yet able to lather very well. Been looking forward to my showers, for the past few days all thanks to it. Will be bringing it in shortly.

DrSheldonCooper

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Also, FYI - I am currently testing a green tea scalp shampoo. Very refreshing too. Best part is that it is an organic shampoo yet able to lather very well. Been looking forward to my showers, for the past few days all thanks to it. Will be bringing it in shortly.

Do update if you actually bring it in.

Looking for shampoos without all those chemicals, parabens, SLS, and other words I can't spell.

Thanks!

nichsong

Reaction score

Looking forward to this! Been looking for a shampoo that doesn't add any weight, yet cleans well but yet gentle enough not to dry my hair out. So far have found mr pompadour's peppermint shampoo to work best for me in terms of these aspects. The only downside is the price per volume, which can be costly. Pretty standard pricing for all the contemporary brands out there on the market tho.. By Vilain, HDF, Blind Barber etc.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Welcome bro.

Hopefully you are able to bring it in very soon as I am currently looking for deep scalp shampoo to complement my daily shampoo.

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have fine, thin and soft hair. Still thinking if I should get ByVilain's DC or Morris Mortley to get this type of look.

Initially, I thought of getting Claymation but from GX bro's posts, it seems like it doesn't hold in our climate. I guess that's why my QS isn't really working well.

Any advice? :)

My reviews on HDF Claymation and Quicksand.

HDF Claymation
- Able to create slight volume for short to medium hair length
- Holding strength: average for short hair and weak for medium hair
- Easy to wash off

HDF Quicksand
- Able to create great volume for short to medium hair length
- Holding strength: very weak for short hair
- Easy to wash off

You can continue to use HDF QS to create great volume but you must complement with another styling product to create your style.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
^ if you read a few pages behind, got say.

MM is pilable hold, means you can restyle easily without losing hold.
Its rated as strong hold.

Uevo grey is like fixated, if you touch it, it may lose hold.

2 also strong hold but with different properties. depends on what you want.

nichsong

Reaction score
Between uevo grey and mm balm which provides a stronger gold?

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

that's what i want to know as well. which has a higher hold? specifically for medium to longer length hair, side swept high, like a pomp

Tbh both provides a different kind of hold. MM has a more flexible, free flowing aesthetic (Do not mistake this for no hold) while Uevo has a tighter, more rigid and glued together kind of hold.

Elaborating on MM, the hair is able to move in very small segments as the day goes by, which allows it to settle into its most natural state yet keeping its shape. Its really quite hard to put it in words, but once you've tried it you'll understand. The aesthetic you get from MM is beautiful. Of course if you want more rigidity, you can experiment with adding more product. Its a whole lot different from products which give you a rigid, glued there hold. It all comes down to personal preference at the end of the day.

But if you guys haven't tried MM yet, I urge y'all to give it a shot. MM Balm and Indians Molding Clay (Rigid type hold) are the best lightweight matte finish products I've tried thus far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.