[OFFICIAL] SHARE YOUR HOOTS HERE ! ! ! - Part 2

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Show a bit your end game combo lei~ :D

Nothing to show lah, just the PP8 and DP-X1.. fully satisfied liao.

oh maybe got chance go try W80 :s13:

how much is your dmg for PP8? it look quite fragile le..

PM you in Head-fi liao. Fragile in what sense ? if compared to KZ ZS3, the ZS3 wire is extremely fragile at the connector where you can easily break it.. nothing of this sort with the PP8.

etoilebiscuit

Master Member
Reaction score
breathing new life into my im70s

DnnDX9Vl.jpg

9BFodbxl.jpg

fantasyrulz

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
My initial target was CFA Vega (coming from Andromeda), but turn out i was really disappointed (still prefers BA) and wanted to walk away before the shop lady brought this out asked if i know what is StageDiver, the rest was history.
First look it reminded me of the TFZ series 5 except this was bigger physically. It looked extremely normal and uninspiring but it was really damn deceiving as the first 2 songs i played with it i was able to notice more details compared to Andro. 8 drivers do make a difference. Soundstage is not as wide as Andro but the mids are effortlessly clearer imo.

I have not tried the treble/bass settings yet.

Then the fit was also out of this world (reminded me of the KZ ZS3 which i've sold hundreds of them previously) !

More info here;

http://www.head-fi.org/t/820797/new-inear-prophile-8

I took a few hours to consider, did some google and end up with this by end of the day :o

Update 23 Feb
Think i have found my own end-game in this IEM. Going to sell all my other IEMs (except 1 or 2).
In my own words the PP8 is one hell of a powerhouse and brings out the punch is almost all songs.. For the tweak to the bass, the difference really isnt much unless your source has really weighty bass, otherwise i will just let it be at neutral.

When time comes audio doesn't satisfy you anymore then thats the end game.

crazypaladin

Reaction score
New hoot (DX200) a few days ago. Great synergy with the KSE1500! Currently hooked up to the KSE1500 via line-out and DX200 Mango Player OS. :D

5DCF7049-EABF-4B39-BB6B-D67BFF45C1FF_zps0lvy014u.jpg~original

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bad news is, I can't get the amp to work! :(

I think I saw something smoke. Now I can see the LED working, right heater working, but no sound at all and the headphone protection circuit does not even light up when switched on. I got a real bad feeling about this..

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
did u use this type of solder? or silver solder?

trp-1200.jpg

u should try a simpler project... like O2 ...

damn... I am old .... rast time I made so many O2

http://forums.vr-zone.com/home-thea...amplifier-limited-stock-160-a.html?highlight=

I using the Kester 331 (leaded version) that you can buy with the Garage1217 amps

And yeah, the Project Ember is way harder than expected :s13: Not to worry, based on what the designer of the amp told me, I just need to replace both of the relays and the transistors and I should be able to get it to work. My main mistake was that I put the relays in the wrong order. :s22:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.