Xperia XZ Premium - The successor to the Z5 Premium is finally here!

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still feel that Sony can be more generous with the battery size, if redmi 3s can offer 4100mah I don't see why they can't do it with XZ Premium. This phone will be perfect with that battery capacity.

That may be true. We can wait for a teardown of the phone to see how they utilise the internal space to see if there is still room for larger battery.

But almost at 200g, any bigger battery will make it heavier. :D

sunnycrowe

Reaction score
The Xperia XZ Premium is the world's first smartphone to feature a 4K HDR display, that's used to only to be found on 4K Television.
a6WCWuY.gif

renNxnbl.jpg

Sent from an Xperia using GAGT

Is it a full 4k display, or like z5p only 4k when displaying 4k videos/pics

omelet

Reaction score
LTE Cat16 1Gbps modem
UFS storage instead of eMMC
USB3.1 Type-C instead of USB2.0
NFC returned to the rear
UI now renders in 4K
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Smar...t-the-Sony-Xperia-XZ-Premiums-display_id91498
With the phone now ready to let loose with its 4K HDR action, we're finally able to see just how incredibly sharp, detailed, and colorful this screen appears in person. In addition to getting to check out Sony's familiar Android UI on the ultra-high-res new screen, we also watched some demos of how the new 4K support for HDR video compares with the old Z5 Premium, which lacks that HDR mode.

Vulpix

Reaction score
Will Sony screw up their camera software on phone again? That is one impressive camera sensor but I seriously hope they put some effort into their software part.

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still feel that Sony can be more generous with the battery size, if redmi 3s can offer 4100mah I don't see why they can't do it with XZ Premium. This phone will be perfect with that battery capacity.

u want another Samsung incident?

don't fix what is not broken.

viperx

Reaction score
Except for the large top and bottom bezel :(

after looking at LG G6 and Galaxy 8S (those leaked videos), I am sold for a less bezel phones. :D

Don't like LG so that's out n it's using an older processor(don't like the idea of paying for a flagship but getting older specs). S8 might fit the bill but had bad experience with Samsung previously so need to consider. Interestingly all are doing away with physical home buttons n the waterproof route which Sony had done with their phones way back.

Audiology93

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will Sony screw up their camera software on phone again? That is one impressive camera sensor but I seriously hope they put some effort into their software part.

Sony phone always have good camera hardware, cmi post processing :s13:. If the XZP can have similar/better camera performance than the S7, it'll be a very good phone given that it has 835 and 4K HDR display.

year2013

Master Member
Reaction score
Sony still in 2014 !!!
Still those large bezels, reduce it - not asking to remove.
I hope camera won't be lousy this time and please change the material, the back of phone is fingerprint magnet !!!

Sephirot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
u want another Samsung incident?

don't fix what is not broken.
What's does battery size got to do with Samsung? The issue with Note 7 is it's bad battery design and its rushed to the market without ample testing.

You don't see China phones with big batteries exploding right?

omelet

Reaction score
Dual-sim for SG according to HWZ article, sound slike a hybrid card slot for anyone that care:
http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/feature-hands-sony-xperia-xz-premium-mwc-2017
According to Sony, the Xperia XZ Premium phones coming to Singapore will be the dual-SIM variants in 4G/3G configuration. You can forgo having a second SIM for a MicroSD card, even though the phone already comes with UFS 3.0 internal storage rated at 64GB. The phone uses a USB Type-C socket configured with USB Gen 3.1 transfer speeds of up to 5Gbps. It will also have 4GB RAM.

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sony still in 2014 !!!
I hope camera won't be lousy this time and please change the material, the back of phone is fingerprint magnet !!!

I read somewhere it's due to finally front firing stereo speakers?

Vulpix

Reaction score
Sony phone always have good camera hardware, cmi post processing :s13:. If the XZP can have similar/better camera performance than the S7, it'll be a very good phone given that it has 835 and 4K HDR display.

I really want to buy a Sony phone, but I don't want to deal with the lousy camera software. Even LG already stepped up their camera game, their recent phones like the V20 got pretty decent post processing.

Let's hope that Sony woke up already, because this phone looks like it might be a hit.

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sony still in 2014 !!!
The large bezels is said to be accommodating the front speakers that's located on the top and bottom of the phone's front.

Sent from an Xperia using GAGT

rssd21

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Except for the large top and bottom bezel :(

after looking at LG G6 and Galaxy 8S (those leaked videos), I am sold for a less bezel phones. :D

Bezels are the design cues of Sony, so it does not look like other android toys. :D

Like it or not, I think it is part of the omni-balance design so it will stay.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.