Hello AMD RYZEN! 8 cores 16 threads is here.

WiZaRd!

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
depends on what applications you are running the most and what is the purpose.
7700k has high clock this single threaded benchmark will be highly benefits.from it. If user who need multithreaded CPU than just high base speed then what's the point buy a 4/8 threaded CPU given the similar price point?

I seldom do video encoding so I don't really need more cores. If you look at the performance chart, 7700k is the latest technology with either 91w or 95w at 4.2 which is easily overclockable to 5 Ghz. AMD has nothing in its current offerings to benchmark against this Intel cpu which is the fastest I believe in single thread performance . I think AMD has to adjust its pricing accordingly. The starting price of 1700 and 1700X is way too expensive. The main board and 7700k also sell way cheaper than 1700 or 1700x alone. Basically my point is the price of 1700 and 1700X is not justified for price going by Single thread IPC performance in gaming as we all know multiple cores and threads are still very native and have little gain in most triple AAA titles. The leaked benchmarks show me this and I'm hoping I'm seeing it wrong because I've been an avid fan of AMD for two decades and was about to change system. So AMD better don't disappoint!

bloodlovers

Reaction score
Oh so a $1k amd 1800x setup vs a $500 i5 6600k setup...about $500 diff actually dont seem worthwhile for gamers if the main usage of the pc is just gaming..
no need a 1800x to see the improvement, going with a 1700 would already net you the 20 fps. As evident from recent AAA games supporting 8 cores , the future is in 8 cores . Of course , if the type of games you play are MMOs, then definitely go for a cpu with a very high single core speed.

Sent from Samsung SM-N920I using GAGT

Krabs.

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I seldom do video encoding so I don't really need more cores. If you look at the performance chart, 7700k is the latest technology with either 91w or 95w at 4.2 which is easily overclockable to 5 Ghz. AMD has nothing in its current offerings to benchmark against this Intel cpu which is the fastest I believe in single thread performance . I think AMD has to adjust its pricing accordingly. The starting price of 1700 and 1700X is way too expensive. The main board and 7700k also sell way cheaper than 1700 or 1700x alone. Basically my point is the price of 1700 and 1700X is not justified for price going by Single thread IPC performance in gaming as we all know multiple cores and threads are still very native and have little gain in most triple AAA titles. The leaked benchmarks show me this and I'm hoping I'm seeing it wrong because I've been an avid fan of AMD for two decades and was about to change system. So AMD better don't disappoint!
from the leaked china benchmark 3.4ghz vs 3.4ghz .... only 1% difference in gaming benchmarks ........ and it is in the high framerate zone above 60fps , most people don't have high refresh rate monitor + beefy graphic card .......

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But it's from cpu-z... so it's shouldn't be that fake right?

Yeah i know. But really Intel has nothing much to offer if the r7 series cpus are indeed superior and faster. It will be a shame that an 8c cpu given a good beating to a behemoth 10c cpu lol.

The only reason i can think of as of now is that, intel has x99 platform which offers hardcore users. Things like more dimm slots and more pcie lanes. This 2 alone is something that a high end users may be looking for.

Just on the downside if a 1700x can beat 6950x.... then you know lah... most prosumers will probably be thinking and weighing their options again. Whether they want more dimm slots and pcie lanes, or they can do without it but need more cpu horsepower.

Krabs.

Honorary Member
Reaction score
the cpu-z is from ryzen ln2 oc ...... and intel's top chip 10core when OC to max is 22k score ...... so ryzen didn't get world record

it was discussed yesterday at overclock.net forum threads

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
the cpu-z is from ryzen ln2 oc ...... and intel's top chip 10core when OC to max is 22k score ...... so ryzen didn't get world record

it was discussed yesterday at overclock.net forum threads

Sic thread. TY!

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of plp are missing the impact of Ryzen. IMHO, the fact that it can perform close to Intel flagships at a fraction of the cost is already a win in my book.

WiZaRd!

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
from the leaked china benchmark 3.4ghz vs 3.4ghz .... only 1% difference in gaming benchmarks ........ and it is in the high framerate zone above 60fps , most people don't have high refresh rate monitor + beefy graphic card .......
Yes but I'm interested with ryzen vs i7 7700k which the latter is probably the most popular consumer Intel CPU. I would like to see also what Ryzen benchmarks vs the 7700k at 4.2Ghz. I'm currently more sway to Intel offering at this moment.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.