SUSS July 2017 Intake (Formerly UniSIM)

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Yup! i'm referring to that, as i do not want to over committed to 170cu degree and find out that i am unable to commit to it. Wasting all that grant and $$. Thanks for the advise, will check with admission office if i am able to convert from 130cu degree to 170cu degree, it a much safer convert as compare to 170cu degree to 130cu degree.

You do not want to over commit to 170cu degree but you want to convert from 130cu to 170cu degree ?

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Oh, does that mean if my IT degree has 170CU but lacking some of the core CU from IT+Business, i am only getting Honor in IT degree instead of IT+Business degree?

Yes...Unless you study IT+Business to get the IT+Business degree

calliope

Reaction score
Oh, does that mean if my IT degree has 170CU but lacking some of the core CU from IT+Business, i am only getting Honor in IT degree instead of IT+Business degree?

ok hmm from what i understand, you need to fulfil the requirements of each programme in order to graduate with a degree. that means that if you start off by choosing to do a basic degree in IT, and then you decide later to change to IT+business (if the admissions office confirms this can be done), *only* the common modules that you have been completed will be counted.

e.g. ICT121 in the IT programme is not part of the modules for IT+business, so it won't be counted. ICT131 is part of the modules for both IT and IT+business, so that one is ok.

one way is to choose only those modules that are common to both so that if you decide to transfer, you won't have wasted your time and money. looking at both, it seems like there's quite a bit of overlap in the compulsory modules but not the electives, so check it out properly before you apply.

blackmans123

Reaction score
ok hmm from what i understand, you need to fulfil the requirements of each programme in order to graduate with a degree. that means that if you start off by choosing to do a basic degree in IT, and then you decide later to change to IT+business (if the admissions office confirms this can be done), *only* the common modules that you have been completed will be counted.

e.g. ICT121 in the IT programme is not part of the modules for IT+business, so it won't be counted. ICT131 is part of the modules for both IT and IT+business, so that one is ok.

one way is to choose only those modules that are common to both so that if you decide to transfer, you won't have wasted your time and money. looking at both, it seems like there's quite a bit of overlap in the compulsory modules but not the electives, so check it out properly before you apply.

Thank all for the help! Just called today and noticed that they mention that it is impossible to transfer between the two course which i had chosen. It seem like i am only able to choose IT or IT+business. Does anyone know how does honor actually impact our industry now?

lollipopsyay

Reaction score
hi! im not sure if this is the right thread to ask but i need a little help and advice

I just got my A level results, I screwed it up pretty badly haha Any chance of me getting into UniSIM Accountancy/Banking&Finance full-time courses? If not, possible to get into SIM-UOL?

GP- C
H1 CSE- C
PW-C
MTL-C
H2 Econs- D
H2 Geog- D
H2 Maths- E

I have about 6 months working experience (finance related), secondary school and JC CCA records quite extensive, currently volunteering as well. Would any of it help? Thank you! Oh I took my SATs as well, got a 90th percentile according to the report but I don't know how relevant is that haha.

Not sure if its relevant but here are some of my O level results too:

English A2
Emaths A2
Amaths B3

schoolboyz

Reaction score
hi! im not sure if this is the right thread to ask but i need a little help and advice

I just got my A level results, I screwed it up pretty badly haha Any chance of me getting into UniSIM Accountancy/Banking&Finance full-time courses? If not, possible to get into SIM-UOL?

GP- C
H1 CSE- C
PW-C
MTL-C
H2 Econs- D
H2 Geog- D
H2 Maths- E

I have about 6 months working experience (finance related), secondary school and JC CCA records quite extensive, currently volunteering as well. Would any of it help? Thank you! Oh I took my SATs as well, got a 90th percentile according to the report but I don't know how relevant is that haha.

Not sure if its relevant but here are some of my O level results too:

English A2
Emaths A2
Amaths B3

Most likely u will be shortlisted for interview for UniSIM (local) ft & pt programmes (separate applications) which are gov's funded & more recognized locally. Pt programmes are normally easier to get in provided u hv 2 yrs past working exp or are currently working or are serving/had served NS. As for SIM-OUL or other SIM-GE foreign uni programmes (ft & pt) the course fees are normally more ex cos they are not gov funded..

lollipopsyay

Reaction score
Most likely u will be shortlisted for interview for UniSIM (local) ft & pt programmes (separate applications) which are gov's funded & more recognized locally. Pt programmes are normally easier to get in provided u hv 2 yrs past working exp or are currently working or are serving/had served NS. As for SIM-OUL or other SIM-GE foreign uni programmes (ft & pt) the course fees are normally more ex cos they are not gov funded..

Ah I see... was just worried I won't even have a chance for interview lol since my A level results pretty crappy.

schoolboyz

Reaction score
Ah I see... was just worried I won't even have a chance for interview lol since my A level results pretty crappy.

Well once u are shortlisted they will evaluate u thru ur interview's performance rather than ur results..

Ur result is good enough to be shortlisted for interview dont wori too much..

Jaonnie

Reaction score
hihi hoping to get some advice here as well..

I did my A levels in 2015 and currently taking a gap year. Planning to go uni this year and for now i am interested in studying marketing..

Just wanna ask what to expect for to course. Thanks! :)

Vexed Spirit

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi! Is anyone applying for UniSim part-time degree in Marketing? Or is anyone from UniSim Marketing? :)

Emilytan77

Reaction score
Hi. I was told that I was on the waiting list for unisim full-time HR course. Any idea what are the chances of getting in?

eugenia_x

Reaction score
Hi. I was told that I was on the waiting list for unisim full-time HR course. Any idea what are the chances of getting in?

It's hard to tell, because it means you didn't do badly for the interview but they are waiting for more interviewees before deciding if they want to accept you. I have friends that got accepted and also friends that got rejected after being in the waiting list. All the best though! :s12:

Ottoke

Reaction score
Anybody took SDE101 Essential English Skills and English Proficiency Assessment before?

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah I know. Haiz my O level English was 1 grade away from exemption and I will have to take this :(

They increasing their levels fast, want to be on par with existing unis

divasion

Master Member
Reaction score
They increasing their levels fast, want to be on par with existing unis

ya.and this sem my teacher say my mod is external examiner set.GG!
tat mod havent count in failure rate,already got 15% never turn up every sem

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.