[Official cycling thread]

medscy

Reaction score
Hi all, Iam new to cycling... Pardon me for asking a noob question... I realise my speed is v slow... Other ppl (on road bikes) paddle once already overtaken me by a few ten's of metres... My average speed is only around 9.5kph... I am a buibui riding a 20" Aleoca Foldable bike... So is it the bike issue or just my poor fitness level? And to ride on average 2 hours per trip, my bum feels sore... Especially the tailbone..... So changing to answer bike or bigger saddle helps?

Thanks!

Micki78

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all, Iam new to cycling... Pardon me for asking a noob question... I realise my speed is v slow... Other ppl (on road bikes) paddle once already overtaken me by a few ten's of metres... My average speed is only around 9.5kph... I am a buibui riding a 20" Aleoca Foldable bike... So is it the bike issue or just my poor fitness level? And to ride on average 2 hours per trip, my bum feels sore... Especially the tailbone..... So changing to answer bike or bigger saddle helps?

Thanks!

Don't worry la is because you are buibui. Yr weight is pulling you down. Ride more then is ok liao. Keep fit

medscy

Reaction score
Don't worry la is because you are buibui. Yr weight is pulling you down. Ride more then is ok liao. Keep fit
Haha..... Thanks... But I was perturbed because I also saw some other buibuis or elderly... They even cycle faster than me... šŸ˜œ

lollipoo

Reaction score
hi all, would like to hear from you guys on your thoughts.

should i get the ultegra di2 or the new dura ace mechanical.
DA mech will be about $300 more exp.

beatific

Reaction score
hi all, would like to hear from you guys on your thoughts.

should i get the ultegra di2 or the new dura ace mechanical.
DA mech will be about $300 more exp.

Mechanical better than Di2.

Get an Ultegra Mechanical. Differences to D.A are minimal. Only slightly heavier. (Google it).

But a big difference in price.

Reason for not choosing Di2 is simply you don;'t want to get caught out just before a ride, forgetting to charge your battery!

Mechnical is good enough for 99% of cyclists, even pro cyclists!

amelia80

Master Member
Reaction score
guy here...

any eastern cyclists? ignore the womanly name. i am not woman. lol.

Reaction score
Hello all, I am looking for leisure to semi-serious cycling kakis around Woodlands area during the weekends when I'm free.

I owned a mountain bike and road bike however I have not cycled for the past 5 years. Used to average around 25km/h on my road bike. Now I think can only do 10km/h :s13:

I should still be able to cycle up to 40km routes. Can slowly train up again. Also don't mind doing some easy trail biking with my hard tail. Drop me a PM if I can join up your group or something!

gamer37023

Reaction score
Hi just wanna ask... I'm currently 130kg, and wanna take up cycling to lose weight. Currently looking at some 2nd hand aleoca and valos folders as its cheap and convenient. But a short google shows that such bikes are not fatty-friendly, being able to support max 100-110kg.

So anyone has any experiences of overloading such bikes? Much help appreciated:s13:

Raylasan

Reaction score
HI guys, can I share something? Thought this is interesting for those who like eating as much as they do cycling. :)

OCBC Cycle is having a Cafe Bike Crawl on 12 August and 16 September, where you get to check out little-known cafes in Singapore and eat to your heart's content. You ride from cafe to cafe to burn off the calories.

http://www.prischew.com/sports/disc...d-changi-the-ocbc-cycle-cafe-bike-crawl-2017/

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi just wanna ask... I'm currently 130kg, and wanna take up cycling to lose weight. Currently looking at some 2nd hand aleoca and valos folders as its cheap and convenient. But a short google shows that such bikes are not fatty-friendly, being able to support max 100-110kg.

So anyone has any experiences of overloading such bikes? Much help appreciated:s13:

130kg may be heavyish for Asians but AMDK got peeps punish their MTBs offroad and are much heavier so good news 4u :s13: A sound approach is get strong and durable wheelset for the really heavy riders but a simpler way is simply go with bigger/thicker tires and keep them up @ highish pressure? 130kg not that bad so in your shoes i would just go with a 29er MTB perhaps hunt for 2-2.3" thick tires and it would be good to go ^^

batuchka

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
also any nice riding paths around boon keng/potong pasir/ toa py area can share will be much appreciated.

cheerios

For your area i would suggest cycling to Upper Serangoon Road -->Tampines Road -- Sungei Serangoon PCN for a 2 way loop? Once can cycle longer can consider Lorong Halus -- Pasir Ris/Loyang Ave and Tanah Merah Coast Road?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.