The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

losthopeguy

Reaction score
Itchy scalp, flaky.. hair gets oily if i dont wash for more than a day.

i shampoo every 2 or 3 days.. what kind of shampoo should I switch to? moisturising? deep cleansing? head n shoulders?

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT
bro,

How often so many of the laojiaos here mention-- 1 simply does not forgo washing their hair in SG!!

even on days where i have no products in my hair, i still make it a point to shampoo.

our climate n weather very different from caucasians. pls do not buy into their habit and theory of not washing hair

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bro,

How often so many of the laojiaos here mention-- 1 simply does not forgo washing their hair in SG!!

even on days where i have no products in my hair, i still make it a point to shampoo.

our climate n weather very different from caucasians. pls do not buy into their habit and theory of not washing hair

Yes that's 100%.
Gotta wake up. We are on a different continent
God. Whatever those YouTuber says, ask them come sg try 1 month.
They will tell you otherwise.

Even ladies I know wash their hair daily.

God time to wake the f up guys. Wash your hair and don't screw your hair up.

pigmarcher

Reaction score
bro,

any recommendation for daily use cleansing shampoo? me got use wax.. been wanting to get a cleansing shampoo for a while but not sure what is good.

heard some is only to be used 1-2 times a week

nichsong

Reaction score
any recommendation for daily use cleansing shampoo? me got use wax.. been wanting to get a cleansing shampoo for a while but not sure what is good.

I personally like the Mister Pompadour peppermint shampoo. I find that it does an effective job of cleaning, it doesn't add any weight, and yet doesn't over dry the hair. Perfect for daily use.

pigmarcher

Reaction score
I personally like the Mister Pompadour peppermint shampoo. I find that it does an effective job of cleaning, it doesn't add any weight, and yet doesn't over dry the hair. Perfect for daily use.

oh... something to consider then.

Anyone tried the Morris Motley Treatment Cleansing oil?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh... something to consider then.

Anyone tried the Morris Motley Treatment Cleansing oil?

That's should be a good alternative for shampoo
But too expensive. I usually tell ppl to use it 2-3 times a week.
Pair with a daily cleansing and moisturizing shampoo like vogne PH balanced shampoo.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Deep cleansing shampoo should be used 2 to 3 times per week. Point being not daily, as it might be too drying for the hair. Deep cleansing shampoo are also known as clarifying or detoxifying shampoo too.

For moisturizing shampoos, it can be used daily. However, not all people are suited to use moisturizing shampoo. Moisturizing shampoos will add weight onto the hair, and might make the hair look flat for some. Also, all of us have different hair type and scalp conditions (e.g, normal, oily, sensitive). Hence, sometimes it's hard to find the one that suits you the most.

For instance, I do realize that vogne shampoo can be slightly harsh for those with sensitive scalp though. :(

nichsong

Reaction score
Deep cleansing shampoo should be used 2 to 3 times per week. Point being not daily, as it might be too drying for the hair. Deep cleansing shampoo are also known as clarifying or detoxifying shampoo too.

For moisturizing shampoos, it can be used daily. However, not all people are suited to use moisturizing shampoo. Moisturizing shampoos will add weight onto the hair, and might make the hair look flat for some. Also, all of us have different hair type and scalp conditions (e.g, normal, oily, sensitive). Hence, sometimes it's hard to find the one that suits you the most.

For instance, I do realize that vogne shampoo can be slightly harsh for those with sensitive scalp though. :(

Yes I am someone who really doesn't like moisturising shampoos as my hair is fine and limp. Most compatible shampoo I've used so far has to be Mr Pomp's peppermint shampoo!

Iniesta08

Reaction score
The barber that I frequent is taking a break.
Anyone has any recommendation for barber or salon?
Looking at a business hairstyle, e.g. classic tapered hairstyle.
Thanks!

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The barber that I frequent is taking a break.
Anyone has any recommendation for barber or salon?
Looking at a business hairstyle, e.g. classic tapered hairstyle.
Thanks!

I find Jasper from Signature Salon @ FEP good. :)

Heartyman

Reaction score
After trying out about 8+ hair styling products. DONT buy these. Bad for hair if use everyday.

Suavecito, Apestomen, Ubersuave, Refined, Gatsby, Axe

cheap stuff always bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.