Best SP4 copycat?

flee0308

Reaction score
Lenovo Miix, Acer Aspire Switch 12 Alpha, Huawei Matebook, Asus Transformer 3 pro, Dell XPS 12 or even the Surface pro 4 itself.

Which would you get and why?

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lenovo Miix, Acer Aspire Switch 12 Alpha, Huawei Matebook, Asus Transformer 3 pro, Dell XPS 12 or even the Surface pro 4 itself.

Which would you get and why?

I will go for Acer Switch Alpha 12. Simply because the price is very competitive and for the water cooling. For such form factor, I think the lack of fan will be good.

Firestone

Reaction score
I will go for Acer Switch Alpha 12. Simply because the price is very competitive and for the water cooling. For such form factor, I think the lack of fan will be good.

What you pay is what you get

In this case, the in-built speaker / webcam and mic / battery life / Screen panel colours are the disappointing factors

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what about Lenovo Miix 510 ? saw reviews quite ok luh.

but then heavier than SP4

chrisvin

Reaction score
I would go for Lenovo, think also got the more exp models tat comes with LTE; but still more worth then MS SP4 :)

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What you pay is what you get

In this case, the in-built speaker / webcam and mic / battery life / Screen panel colours are the disappointing factors

Are these your observation or based on some reviews? I've looked at the screen, and to be honest, it looks fine. Some reviews claim that the screen is good, while there are some that are claiming otherwise. Therefore, I think it is best to check it personally.

As for speaker and webcam, typically these are poor regardless of tablets. Battery life is something that I am aware, but from what I read, MS Surface Pro 4 don't do much better.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would go for Lenovo, think also got the more exp models tat comes with LTE; but still more worth then MS SP4 :)

I feel LTE is not a good thing to have on a Windows tablet. I have not explored Win 10 thoroughly, but if we are not able to restrict what gets to use the data, one Windows update may potentially cause us to exceed the data usage.

Firestone

Reaction score
My sis is using the device
That's our general observation

Are these your observation or based on some reviews? I've looked at the screen, and to be honest, it looks fine. Some reviews claim that the screen is good, while there are some that are claiming otherwise. Therefore, I think it is best to check it personally.

As for speaker and webcam, typically these are poor regardless of tablets. Battery life is something that I am aware, but from what I read, MS Surface Pro 4 don't do much better.

Firestone

Reaction score
I feel LTE is not a good thing to have on a Windows tablet. I have not explored Win 10 thoroughly, but if we are not able to restrict what gets to use the data, one Windows update may potentially cause us to exceed the data usage.

I forgot to change it to metric settings when I used hotspot with windows 10

Ended up have to pay additional $70
In 1 hour time, win 10 downloaded 10 gb of updates 😑

Firestone

Reaction score
what about Lenovo Miix 510 ? saw reviews quite ok luh.

but then heavier than SP4

I went challenger to play with the device, coz I'm looking for a device with LTE... pressed the screen, it kinda flexed. Not sure whether it's glass or plastic

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I forgot to change it to metric settings when I used hotspot with windows 10

Ended up have to pay additional $70
In 1 hour time, win 10 downloaded 10 gb of updates 😑

Precisely the point. Windows has never been mobile friendly. Therefore, the updates are generally very big in size. Most big updates on iOS and Android sits around 1+GB based on my observation. This is usually not the case for Windows OS.

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I went challenger to play with the device, coz I'm looking for a device with LTE... pressed the screen, it kinda flexed. Not sure whether it's glass or plastic

aiyooo like that ah ? I haven't seen the real set yet cos those stores i went all dun have miix 510 :(

anyway my free SP4 come liao....no need to buy miix 510 liao :D=:p

now only need to buy a type cover but 199 damn heart pain :vijayadmin:

Firestone

Reaction score
I saw the set at challenger causeway point

I'm thinking of getting the surface pro 5 if it comes with LTE
No need to buy type cover coz I'm going to use Logitech k810 instead :)

aiyooo like that ah ? I haven't seen the real set yet cos those stores i went all dun have miix 510 :(

anyway my free SP4 come liao....no need to buy miix 510 liao :D=:p

now only need to buy a type cover but 199 damn heart pain :vijayadmin:

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i got k810 but then i can't bring out to use mah abit weird.

flee0308

Reaction score

K810 so ex, why never get k380 instead?

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
K810 so ex, why never get k380 instead?

didn't know k810 can last so long lol

i got it in 2011-2012, use until now still using :s22:

i got it from amazon. much more cheaper than Suckapore

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Best value is still the Acer. Sleekest is the Asus but battery life is worst among the lot based on reviews. The rest are in between. I would probably go for the Acer in view of the price... could be up to $1000 difference...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.