Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SibehEng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks! I actually went to ikeburkuro one.. those are really limited and ermm more ex. Haha.

Will be just looking those buy those like wasabi purple Swee potatoe etc. Those will be available and good in stock in airport right?

I saw like a box in don Quixote of 12 or 13 is like 800yen so is airport also selling at the same price?

Last edited:

MajiMax

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well ex is ex but you cannot find them in other place.

Kyoto branch got cheese flavor which is quite nice but Tokyo branches didn't see any.

Bo notice if got wasabi purple sweet potatoes, remember got red bean one.

if 800yen is the duty free price then it will be same as airport price.

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I actually went to ikeburkuro one.. those are really limited and ermm more ex. Haha.

Will be just looking those buy those like wasabi purple Swee potatoe etc. Those will be available and good in stock in airport right?

I saw like a box in don Quixote of 12 or 13 is like 800yen so is airport also selling at the same price?

tokyo station got one shop (quite near ramen street) that has quite a number of flavors, some shinkansen stations like kyoto station, odawara station has a handful of flavors too. most other places don't have much variety. i recall the price to be quite consistent. don't recall airport to be (much) cheaper unless i recall wrongly.

flavors wise, rum and raisin one and hojicha one are nice. can get those as well if you happen to see them.

for tokyo banana, good places with more variety are tokyo station, shinagawa station, tokyo skytree, tokyo tower.

oceanicmanta

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have no idea.. i Guess it should be a argentine species for these kind of red shrimp? Anyway it taste good! Sweet.

we dint try last time bcos wife say usually local products have the words ”国产“ then ask why come japan eat imported stuff ... :(

Reaction score
hey guys! i planned a day to go fuji 5 lakes either 1 to see cherry blossom or mt fuji.

initially i planned to
tky-hakone(drop luggage)-fuji-hakone(hotel)-yokohama.

but i read up the journey up and down sounds very costly and a bit complicated.

do u think i shd:
1. stick to my plan
stay hakone do day trip to fuji lakes
2. direct head to fuji area spend my time there?

i saw got the hakone free pass and hakone-fuji pass, but techically i am spending less than 24 hours there, abit ex hor?

any tots?

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT
anyone?

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

ch4ngs7er

Reaction score
1. Hows the weather during mid April, specifically 10th to 21st in Kyoto/Osaka and surround areas? Wondering what to pack and wear.

2. Is it still possible to see sakura during that period?

3. Is travelling around Kyoto via bus, etc to the various destinations easy to understand and clear?

Thanks!

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1. Hows the weather during mid April, specifically 10th to 21st in Kyoto/Osaka and surround areas? Wondering what to pack and wear.

2. Is it still possible to see sakura during that period?

3. Is travelling around Kyoto via bus, etc to the various destinations easy to understand and clear?

Thanks!

on kyoto buses, read these for better understanding
http://www2.city.kyoto.lg.jp/koho/eng/access/transport.html

Consider buying their bus passes for convenience and possibly cost saving, if you make more than 3 rides a day.

according to this website, still got chance for sakura duing 10-11 April. So plan your itinerary by concentrating on Sakura viewing upon touch down.
http://www.japan-guide.com/sakura/#/kyoto

SibehEng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thks maji and saff for the info on kit kat price and even recommendation.

So now that the price between airport and usual retail shd be the same. Then my decision would be;
To buy while in Tokyo and bring around to Kyoto and Osaka or
To wait till departure buy at Haneda but risk limited flavour or out of stock.

MajiMax

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thks maji and saff for the info on kit kat price and even recommendation.

So now that the price between airport and usual retail shd be the same. Then my decision would be;
To buy while in Tokyo and bring around to Kyoto and Osaka or
To wait till departure buy at Haneda but risk limited flavour or out of stock.

Those kit kat that you can find around Tokyo / Kyoto train station area, you should able to see them at airport and probably will have more flavour for e.g. hokkaido melon kitkat which I only get to see it at airport whereby I cannot find in Sapporo. :s22:

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/01/...in-kyoto-new-chocolaterie-items-released-too/

Some other flavour that I purchased in Tokyo branch, Sakura green tea, orange cocktail and butter.

KxEX5Se.jpg

Kyoto branch, has cheese which is my fav so far.

6T6BlwA.jpg

Uji green tea, can find easily in Kyoto.

gwDadS5.jpg

Sake one, not sure is this one limited sale period.

xhGtrck.jpg

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
assuming i 8.50am landed in narita airport, if i buying shinkasen to shibuya at 10.18am timing... will i missed it?

or should i dont risk and take 10.48am?

*travelling peak period - 30th march

TonyDelPiero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
assuming i 8.50am landed in narita airport, if i buying shinkasen to shibuya at 10.18am timing... will i missed it?

or should i dont risk and take 10.48am?

*travelling peak period - 30th march

Majimax kindly refer you to this link. Once again, shinkansen is the most suitable mode for bringing you to another region rather than places within the same region.

There is no shinkansen service at Shibuya station. Follow the picture provided by that link.

TonyDelPiero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
The next thing is to look at JR NEX's timetable. It is the best choice to aid your decision making. Is the waiting time in between two train services reasonable for you? You can afford to wait then.

https://www.eki-net.com/pc/jreast-s...nglish/wb/common/timetable/e_nex_u/index.html

If I buy at the counter on that day, I'm not sure if there's still seats available. You know the demand for end March?

30mins interval is quite long, although I can shop around inside airport first. ~…~

Sent from zhuzhu using GAGT

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
The next thing is to look at JR NEX's timetable. It is the best choice to aid your decision making. Is the waiting time in between two train services reasonable for you? You can afford to wait then.

https://www.eki-net.com/pc/jreast-s...nglish/wb/common/timetable/e_nex_u/index.html

Also based on the website, it shows 1048am got 2 trains at narita express 14? But one of it (the right one) will stop at shibuya while the other will not.

How to tell which train to take at 1048am? Will there be any notice etc?

Sent from zhuzhu using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.