Please help a fellow singaporean out and identify this ang moh cheater

SerSiTiv

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
TS: Not sure why you would need to start 2 of the same topics in the forum and sub-forum. I've merged the two.

If you're seeking help, please post in the correct forum / sub-forum.

Also when dealing online please take the necessary precautions.

1) Make sure that the item has a proof of purchase
2) Test items on the spot (if it does not sound right or look right you should walk away)
3) Meet at dealerships for them to verify the item before purchase

Hope you resolve your problem, as for the rest keep the discussion neutral, if you want to help the TS out do so, but no sharing of personal information please do it via PM.

porcu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TS tested and ok. Then claim fake. I support others in the thread that said there are doubts. Next time pls test properly then buy.
If buy lemon after testing, you have yourself to blame.

Frankly speaking if u buying IE8 means u at least like music. I doubt your ears cannot detect that it's fake. For me, I can immediately feel and raise red alert.
Previously someone tried to scam me for an ie800. Immediately found it fake upon testing.

blazin

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why at first try ok then later after the person left then found out sound different?

Should have known during the first try.

Or you test only if there's sound coming out of the IEM only? :s13:

FatalethaL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
to dear TS,

I have read your main post, and it is both upsetting, and unfortunate news.

I acknowledged that you've experienced a bad transaction with the seller.
At the same time (in your view), that some fellow participating members of this forum in your thread is not supporting you in any way.
Additionally, the amount that you've paid for is so much that it could also be used to pay your pet's medical bills.

I feel very sorry for what has happened to you.

However, I wish I (and the rest of us) could be in a position to help you, but it's a harsh world out there.
Sad to say, some of the participating members here gave you a cold hard truth.
Nevertheless, it remains a fact.
If you considered to sue the seller, you will not get/gain monetary compensation from it (same from the seller's end). Both sides lose out.
In your case, there are many grey areas in the transaction that even the police is almost powerless to assist you.

When it comes to a buying from the 2nd hand market, and between independent buyer and seller without representing a registered company, there's a rule what most of us call, "willing buyer, willing seller", or vice versa.
I have also had similar experience to you. It was a very unpleasant transaction.
There was nothing I could do, as a buyer.

I hope you can learn from this very unfortunate experience/transaction, and be more wary and careful in your future purchases in the 2nd hand market.

If you wish to buy authentic products, please visit and purchase authentic products at authorised retail stores in Singapore.
Stereo Electronics is one of them. :)
There are many others too.
It's a healthy retail scene in Singapore.
And best of all, if you happen to buy fake products from them, your claims can be warranted, and you can take legal action against them.
However, bear in mind also, you have to know the Terms and Conditions between the company, and yourself (as a consumer) as well.

Last edited:

audioenslave

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rule of the thumb

When u are dealing and meeting sellers via carousell or hwz marketplace or any other platforms:

Always check and double check and make sure the product u are buying is not defective.

Its doesn't mean that seller is talking or trying to be friendly or divert your attention that you let down your guard.

You are not paying him to talk or be friendly like brother brother in the 1st place.

In fact if a seller is distracting you, its more of a red flag for me.

I bought high end stuff before.. a used shure 846 in carousell.
before I deal for it, I make sure seller was ok for me to test the earphones thoroughly.

I tested it out with different music types before committing.
I make sure I tried both cables( the ones attached and the spare cables in the box) to ensure there were no defects.
Heck, I even unscrew and screw the different color modules for the earpiece to customize the bass n clarity of it just to make sure the set wasn't defective.

in the end I was happy with the purchase.

End of day you buy something, its on you to check n make sure it works.

Just think for a minute:

if the ang moh put this disclaimer in carousell: No refunds after deal is made or exchange..

I think u surely LPPL.

Last edited:

joemalu

Reaction score
I'm curious In the difference in the logo. Do u happen to take pics b4 the sc confiscated the ie8. Somore u did bring along own ie8 but how come no compare visually at least.

Anyway lesson learnt I hope. I Kena conned of $1800 during yahoo auction and more cautious now. B4 purchase anything from seller I got it authenticate at sc. Unless I'm really really familiar and have reference than no need.

Yuenhwee

Reaction score
I am so agreeable. Have to be extra careful and check credentials of seller as much as possible!

Reaction score
Feel sorry for the TS for encountering such unfortunate experience online and I do get what you mean by "paying your pet's bills.."

It is hard to bring up a case of deceit for a purchase done online, with no official receipt as record.

Extra precaution is needed to be taken by both seller and buyer when it comes for big ticket items.

- Always test, retest and test the retest.
- Do some read-up online on how to spot the imitations
- If not convinced or need time to consider, cancel or put the deal on hold

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, create another account and say you are keen on another item of his then meet up to deal... Then get him!

Do raise to carousell admin for assistance as well.

NeonX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you guys think the mata will do anything meh? they will just throw back to them ask them to settle it among themselves. worst case go small claims

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
I am so agreeable. Have to be extra careful and check credentials of seller as much as possible!

Avoid caurosell. My friend sold a new item to someone. After checking the guy left. A day later, he insist item is defective and keep calling my friend wanting a replacement. Kao pay kao bu. Text at 2am in the morning etc...really Sian 1/2

Abletron001

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm...why u no put ur pet as priority? Pet will bye bye huan..earphone can buy other time...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.