Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero - Flagship AM4 Ryzen X370 Motherboard

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do snap the accessory kit when you have the time! No hurry. :D
OK, the very next post actually. :)

Bundled Accessories
Some smaller parts are very sneakily hidden in the flat thin compartment of the bottom cardboard.

WiZaRd!

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Jump the gun here since it is a pressing point for you guys... just click to zoom in. :)

IMG_4604%2B%2528Copy%2529.JPG

Wow there are a lot of ports. Just wondering that is it true that all ROG doesn't come with esata? I just bought ROG and now banging my head and wondering what to do with my docking station. I know there's a USB 3 option in the docking station.

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dual AM3 & AM4 Mounting Holes
As very clearly demonstrated here with the help of an old AIO cooler AM3 backplate.

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Back I/O
USB galore from USB2 to USB 3.1 Type C, useful Clear CMOS & BIOS Flash buttons, Intel G.LAN. Note the gold plated audio ports, wifi slot and the lack of any video out.​

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BIOS fix is out!

elmor said:
Alright guys, we finally got the bios which prevents the bricking from happening. I still recommend playing it safe on the CPU SOC Voltage, something like 1.15V should be good on this and work for any DRAM frequency. Remember to go defaults or lower on the CPU SOC Voltage before flashing (or use USB BIOS Flashback).
C6H 0902

Thanks for all the feedback guys, please help spread the word!

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As feedback, would actually be nice if Asus sells the first party 2T2R+ WiFi Go! kit separately even if it is not bundled.

But those are the links at the potential buyers' perusal for the first party accessory via taobao.. Even the WiFi Go! screw holes are present on the C6H.

Edit: 3T3R alternative.
https://world.taobao.com/item/537046558230.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.Iluo2z#detail
https://world.taobao.com/item/520923234881.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.Iluo2z#detail

Keyword: " 华硕 2t2r / 3t3r "

The high gain antennas are decent in my own use with the signal strength and throughput. The magnetic base is handy.

Last edited:

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice tb links!

Do note by default, the CH6H i/o plate has only the 2T/2R holes though.

vNHBKzkalQOzj3UY_setting_000_1_90_end_500.png

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Storage Options
M.2, 8 x SATA3 (supports RAID 0, 1, 10), USB3 Gen 1 & Gen 2 ports, RGB headers. Note also the various voltage measurement points.

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Debug LED
Immensely useful now especially when UEFI releases are very new and frequent, still on the way to maturity. Note the 3D Mount screw hole at bottom of photo.

* At the minimum, do yourself a favour and get a mobo with diagnostic spot LEDs to make your life much easier when troubleshooting any new platform. Still, a proper debug LED display for POST codes is strongly advised.

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dual Reinforced x16 PCI-e slots
Reassuring for owners of huge gaming cards

Noirkw

Reaction score
As feedback, would actually be nice if Asus sells the first party 2T2R+ WiFi Go! kit separately even if it is not bundled.

But those are the links at the potential buyers' perusal for the first party accessory via taobao.. Even the WiFi Go! screw holes are present on the C6H.

Edit: 3T3R alternative.
https://world.taobao.com/item/537046558230.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.Iluo2z#detail
https://world.taobao.com/item/520923234881.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.Iluo2z#detail

Keyword: " 华硕 2t2r / 3t3r "

The high gain antennas are decent in my own use with the signal strength and throughput. The magnetic base is handy.
Nice tb links!

Do note by default, the CH6H i/o plate has only the 2T/2R holes though.

vNHBKzkalQOzj3UY_setting_000_1_90_end_500.png

Great thanks for the info.

Sent from my S7 Edge using GAGT

KWSW

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dual AM3 & AM4 Mounting Holes
As very clearly demonstrated here with the help of an old AIO cooler AM3 backplate.

Considering that AM4 bracket for AIOs are also on question for stock, this is very useful since can just get any AIO with AM3 and use.

Although still waiting for Mobo stocks. Hopefully I can build my RyZen rig this weekend.

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Great thanks for the info.
Noirkw said:
Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 2666
16 GB kits x 2
Noirkw, seems you are really interested in Ryzen.

Good time to ask something about your Dominators, which version are these sticks? You can see them in the label with ver4.31 or ver.4.23 etc...

Considering that AM4 bracket for AIOs are also on question for stock, this is very useful since can just get any AIO with AM3 and use.

Although still waiting for Mobo stocks. Hopefully I can build my RyZen rig this weekend.
Just get the Crosshair and suddenly no more worries about hunting around for new cooling solutions. =:p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.