Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
also anyone knows roughly how much those cute popcorn "bag" sold at disneysea? :s12:

and... where got sell Maneki-Neko? only Asakusa? price range?

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi!! i need help for my 2 days kyoto as per below:
is my itinerary ok so far?

Day1
Jr Kyoto Line from KIX to Kyoto
Torroko Arashiyama
Sagano road of bamboo forest
Tenryuji temple
Nijo Castle (Nijojo) - Need to take note of closing time, Arashiyama to Nijo is not so close
The Cube Shopping Mall - if got time - Not Worth while. If u staying in Osaka, Osaka shopping is much better than Kyoto.
Take Jr Kyoto Line to Osaka

Day2
Fushimi Inari Shrine
Kiyomizudera Temple - The main stage covered up. Might not be worth while to go anymore
Lunch at Higashiyama district, and explore the old shopping street at Higashiyama. - If you referring to the route to Kiyomizu, past few years so crowded that is not worth to go anymore
Maruyama Park

Stroll down Kamogawa River
Hanami-koji street in Gion district
Walk from Gion to Nishiki market. - Don't be too late or else all closed

:s12::s12::s12::s12:

In red....

lordleslie

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm headed up to Osaka in mid May, have planned to be there for 8 days (techincally 6 full days) should I spilt up 3 days Osaka and 3 days kyoto? or just 6 days in Osaka?

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm headed up to Osaka in mid May, have planned to be there for 8 days (techincally 6 full days) should I spilt up 3 days Osaka and 3 days kyoto? or just 6 days in Osaka?

Depends what do you like? Temples? History? Photography?

For me, I don't really like Osaka so when i go Japan every year i only got Osaka one day but go Kyoto for more than 1 week. If given a choice of 6 days in Kansai what i will go is stay all 6 days in Kyoto then go for 1 days day trip in Osaka the rest of 5 days i will do North, South, East, West and Central for Kyoto.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah that's disappointing, the main halls of Kiyomizudera are under renovation, then I might not stay too long in there already... :(

yeah. it will be completed before 2020. Now the whole view only iron bars
not worthy of instagram photo

SnUf4vL.jpg

become like this from latest photo in instagram

The normal kiyomizu
27879380411_bf1cf92f05_b.jpg

in 2015

Last edited:

[Audrey]

Reaction score
Hi guys,

For a typical taxi in Tokyo, can the boot fit X3 28" size de luggage? :s13:

I just want to travel a short 5mins distance, but don't want my 2 family members to carry luggage to airbnb. lol

SibehEng

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw the Kyoto Isetan malebranche green tea biscuit only in Kyoto have? I Google and cannot find any result of that being sold in airport..

Only can last 2 wks.. planning to buy the latest date possible.

Btw for those haven go, the exchange rate in jap sux. So make sure u change first or have cc.

Wanted to change extra cash. Tokyo is ard 75 which I tot is Low. Went to Kyoto Lagi worse 71 only..

Last edited:

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help!!
1) what malls do u recommend got Osaka?

2) what time nishiki market's food OOS?

Sent from zhuzhu using GAGT

Oaska got huge stretch of shopping i recommend
Shinsaibashi Suji which is next to Dotonbori in Namba
Umeda, Namba all can shop too. It is like Orchard but bigger scale

Nishiki Market not really for eating one. It is mostly those ingredients market.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so lemme guess....

you chatup the obasan? :s13:

I quickly siam:D

One time was the younger lady manning the counter where I asked her about price and stuff, later on saw her walked in to pick up something. :s13:

What an experience of my life.

But I assume all workers that freely entering the onsen areas are 100% ladies lah. So ash like snow no need to worry :)

ash like snow

Master Member
Reaction score
In red....

//Revised//

Day1
Torroko Arashiyama
Tenryuji temple
Nijo Castle (Nijojo) - Need to take note of closing time, Arashiyama to Nijo is not so close

^ if i cant make it by 5pm for Nijo, think i'll needa go back osaka for the night since nothing to do alr :s11:

Day2
Fushimi Inari Shrine
Kiyomizudera Temple - The main stage covered up. Might not be worth while to go anymore
Lunch at Higashiyama district, and explore the old shopping street at Higashiyama. - If you referring to the route to Kiyomizu, past few years so crowded that is not worth to go anymore

Maruyama Park

^ but for Kiyomizudera, are the stalls there (eg: selling charms) still be opened? is it possible if i go nishiki market first then go gion for dinner? heard there's a nice tofu restaurant?

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
//Revised//

Day1
Torroko Arashiyama
Tenryuji temple

^ if i cant make it by 5pm for Nijo, think i'll needa go back osaka for the night since nothing to do alr :s11:

Day2
Fushimi Inari Shrine

Maruyama Park

^ but for Kiyomizudera, are the stalls there (eg: selling charms) still be opened? is it possible if i go nishiki market first then go gion for dinner? heard there's a nice tofu restaurant?

1. The last admission of Nijo castle is 4pm and close at 5pm. Ideally you need around 1.5-2 hours to walk through the vast ground of Nijo Castle. Alternatively u can go to temples around Tenryuji like Jojakkoji or Gioji or even Daikakuji.

2. Torroko Arashiyama, are you referring to the Sagano Scenic Railway. That one is quite popular with tourists. If you want to guarantee you will get a seat, u might want to reserve in advance at JR west ticket counter.

3. Yes. Omamori (Charm) within Kiyomizu will be still available for sale.

4. Nishiki, you can try. But to me not tier 1 attraction. Rather you cover some other nice temples along the route. Near Fushimi got Tofukuji. Near Kiyomizu got Kodaiji, Nanzenji those kind.

5. Yodofu ranking according to Tabelog
https://tabelog.com/kyoto/rstLst/RC019910/?SrtT=rt&Srt=D&sort_mode=1
If you want good one, there is top one at Arashiyama.

6. Gion for dinner. I recommend do some research or reservation beforehand instead of randomly finding restaurants when you are there.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya, if it's about sagano scenic railway then gonna reserve tickets earlier..I did it 3 days before the rail trip like immediately upon reaching Nara enroute to Osaka..

I start the trip from Torokko Kameoka Station..

ah_leetw

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
is it easy to transfer using this route? is it possible? do i need to buy a new ticket in Oshiage station?
Screen%20Shot%202017-03-12%20at%202.46.21%20PM.png

Does this mean I will only need to buy 1 ticketfrom Narita airport
Screen%20Shot%202017-03-12%20at%202.46.59%20PM.png

Last edited:

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
is it easy to transfer using this route? is it possible? do i need to buy a new ticket in Oshiage station?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/ah_leetw/Screen%20Shot%202017-03-12%20at%202.46.21%20PM.png[IMG]

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/ah_leetw/Screen%20Shot%202017-03-12%20at%202.46.59%20PM.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

I think Narita Express heads to Shibuya from NRT??

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Screen%20Shot%202017-03-12%20at%202.46.21%20PM.png

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-12%20at%202.46.59%20PM.png

The first route, at Aoto you will stay onboard the train and then alight oshiage. Need to exit from the Keisei station and then enter the metro station.

Then second route u stay onboard until nihonbashi then u exit the Toei station and enter the Metro Station.

get the IC Card at the airport (Suica Card) then it is easier to enter and exit instead of buying physical ticket.
For most train lines in Japan, as long as you switch between different operators, you will need to exit and enter again. in some stations, there are multiple operators. In Singapore, we got smrt and sbs and we don't need to exit and enter to transfer operator but in Japan tokyo they got metro, JR, Toei, Keisei, Tokyu, Tobu, Seibu, Keio, Odakyu, Keikyu etc

Alternatively as Gixxerfied mentioned, at 4:22pm there is a JR direct train Narita express which goes from T2 to Shibuya without any switching trains. Cheapest will be 3190 Yen and take around 76mins.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.