Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rough guide only, so which one u think is along the way and others can take out for other day?

Depends on where you are staying if staying in Kyoto u can start really early.
Best if you can arrange another day in Kyoto

Day 1
Fushimi Inari early like 7am or so
Tofukuji
Then go to Arashiyama (Half day to rest of the day if u can allocate Kinkakuji to another day)
Kinkakuji -> This is so weird from south to North. I recommend do Day 3

Day 2
Ginkakuji
Nanzenji (Or Eikando, I think Eikando is quieter during non Autumn period, Very nice to visit. Nanzenji, got many subtemples, unless u go to all otherwise i don;t know why tourist want go there)
Kodaiji (Chionin i think not so attractive for tourist)
Kiyomizu (As i mentioned main stage covered by steel bar, i don't think is worth. If time is tight then i don;t recommend since the main stage is 99% of kiyomizu, maybe 1% is the jishu shrine)
Yasaka Shrine
Gion at Night (Hanamikoji)
If got time can go Kenninji at Gion as well

Day 3
Kinkakuji
Ryoanji
Ninnaji
Nijo Castle
Shopping around Shijo

Last edited:

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depends on where you are staying if staying in Kyoto u can start really early.
Best if you can arrange another day in Kyoto

Day 1
Fushimi Inari early like 7am or so
Tofukuji
Then go to Arashiyama (Half day to rest of the day if u can allocate Kinkakuji to another day)
Kinkakuji -> This is so weird from south to North. I recommend do Day 3

Day 2
Ginkakuji
Nanzenji (Or Eikando, I think Eikando is quieter during non Autumn period, Very nice to visit. Nanzenji, got many subtemples, unless u go to all otherwise i don;t know why tourist want go there)
Kodaiji (Chionin i think not so attractive for tourist)
Kiyomizu (As i mentioned main stage covered by steel bar, i don't think is worth. If time is tight then i don;t recommend since the main stage is 99% of kiyomizu, maybe 1% is the jishu shrine)
Yasaka Shrine
Gion at Night (Hanamikoji)
If got time can go Kenninji at Gion as well

Day 3
Kinkakuji
Ryoanji
Ninnaji
Nijo Castle
Shopping around Shijo

hmmm i only got 2 days in kyoto, will be staying in Osaka(umeda area) :o
My must go will be Arashimaya, Fushimi Inari , Nijo , philosopher path area etc. the rest is mostly shun bian go type.
so best plan is ?
Day 1
Arashimaya, Nijo castle, Tofuikuji and inari ?

Day 2 will be as per you mention plus Kinkakuji ?
as its a walk down those temple, maybe just take a look and dont spend so much time there? As you said not much attractive / not worth the time, unless we need to make a detour specially to go there, then thats another story.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmmm i only got 2 days in kyoto, will be staying in Osaka(umeda area) :o
My must go will be Arashimaya, Fushimi Inari , Nijo , philosopher path area etc. the rest is mostly shun bian go type.
so best plan is ?
Day 1
Arashimaya, Nijo castle, Tofuikuji and inari ?

Day 2 will be as per you mention plus Kinkakuji ?
as its a walk down those temple, maybe just take a look and dont spend so much time there? As you said not much attractive / not worth the time, unless we need to make a detour specially to go there, then thats another story.

In that case unless you want to start really super early like 5am+ leave hotel.
Then your day 1 might be really tight.

If you look at day 1. If you reach Kyoto 8am. Then need travel to Arashiyama
Then just Tenryuji and Bamboo grove already maybe noon
Then need travel back to Nijo Castle. Then that maybe finish whole Nijo is 3pm.
Once you reach 3pm, then time is lacking since temples all close maybe 4-5pm.
I think at most day 1 u can do Inari after Nijo.

Day 2
Your Kinkakuji is the detour. All the temples i mentioned is located 1 straight line down from Ginkakuji to Kiyomizu. Those are located in the East. So i don't think u can cover Kinkakuji on that day. Unless u mid point go East -> North -> East.

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In that case unless you want to start really super early like 5am+ leave hotel.
Then your day 1 might be really tight.

If you look at day 1. If you reach Kyoto 8am. Then need travel to Arashiyama
Then just Tenryuji and Bamboo grove already maybe noon
Then need travel back to Nijo Castle. Then that maybe finish whole Nijo is 3pm.
Once you reach 3pm, then time is lacking since temples all close maybe 4-5pm.
I think at most day 1 u can do Inari after Nijo.

Day 2
Your Kinkakuji is the detour. All the temples i mentioned is located 1 straight line down from Ginkakuji to Kiyomizu. Those are located in the East. So i don't think u can cover Kinkakuji on that day. Unless u mid point go East -> North -> East.

Hmm, so its best to visit inari early morning and go north, or visit Arashiyama and go south? Is ok to skip tofuji, but somehow still wanna go golden pavilion. day 2 will be super tight?
OR day 1 go kinkakuji after Nijo, day 2 then go Inari?

derazor

Banned
Reaction score
Guys, I'm going to

Osaka , Kobe , Nara , Kyoto , Wakayama , so is there a ezlink equivalent that I need to buy ? I understand there are several types based on various lines and sometimes I need to buy ticket which is ok.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, I'm going to

Osaka , Kobe , Nara , Kyoto , Wakayama , so is there a ezlink equivalent that I need to buy ? I understand there are several types based on various lines and sometimes I need to buy ticket which is ok.

Their IC card is now interchangeable across whole of Japan. I use my suica from hokkaido to Kyushu.

Within Osaka, Kobe, Nara, Kyoto and travel to and fro all those 4 will be no issue

Wakayama u will need limited express if u going to Kumano. Limited express will need physical ticket.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm, so its best to visit inari early morning and go north, or visit Arashiyama and go south? Is ok to skip tofuji, but somehow still wanna go golden pavilion. day 2 will be super tight?
OR day 1 go kinkakuji after Nijo, day 2 then go Inari?

Fushimi Inari Taisha it very popular with tourists. Especially when no entrance fee.
So normally what i will do is go super early. If you go Late, then the torii gates got so many tourists until hard to take photo.

If u die die want to go Kinkakuji. What i will recommend is Day 1

Super early Fushimi Inari (U need leave hotel super early to travel to Kyoto) - Arashiyama - Kinkakuji.

Just skip Nijo castle.

Lycanista

Master Member
Reaction score
Fushimi Inari Taisha it very popular with tourists. Especially when no entrance fee.
So normally what i will do is go super early. If you go Late, then the torii gates got so many tourists until hard to take photo.

Super early Fushimi Inari (U need leave hotel super early to travel to Kyoto) - Arashiyama - Kinkakuji.

Just skip Nijo castle.

What about going to Fushimi-Inari during the late evening or in the night?

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What about going to Fushimi-Inari during the late evening?

You could. Depends on which month u going. In autumn night fall is 4-5pm.
Now kyoto sunset is around 6pm.
Although Fushimi Inari is opened 24 hours but then it become too dark to take photo.

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Just skip Nijo castle.

Ok, So Inari early morning, Then one JR line mrt to Arashima? then cab(2k yen) to Kinkakuji since taking train is too many transfer n messy? after that still got time for other stuff? etc

TonyDelPiero

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have some directional problems with the gardens....

Tokyo - Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden

Which station is closer to walk to here, and via which gate? Shinjuku-Sanchome Station or Shinjuku-Gyoenmae Station?

Tokyo - Imperial Palace

Which is the easiest way to enter the palace and via which gate? Japan Guide website said it is Tokyo Station, however when I use Google Map, it is 1.7km by foot! :s22: so Tokyo Station or Otemachi Station (from the map like closer, but I'm unsure)?

Also, is the Imperial East Garden more worthy or Imperial Palace? if do both together, which to visit first?

Hibya or Nijubashi-mae station. Both are in front of the direct straight path towards Palace.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok, So Arashimaya early morning, then cab to Kinkakuji(about 2k Yen, since looking at the subway map is really out of the way), den down to Inari? Still will have time or already v tight? of cos hope to be there before sunset, wanna take nice pic. Travelling end march

Tenryuji open 8:30. So if u spend maybe 3 hours in Arashiyama
Then go to Kinkakuji for 1 hour
Then from Kinkakuji, if u take a bus back to Kyoto station around 40mins
Then then train to Fushimi Station

Could work

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tenryuji open 8:30. So if u spend maybe 3 hours in Arashiyama
Then go to Kinkakuji for 1 hour
Then from Kinkakuji, if u take a bus back to Kyoto station around 40mins
Then then train to Fushimi Station

Could work

from what you see, Arashiyama first, or Inari first better? :s11:
As i see inari seems to got one straight JR train to Arashiyama.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok, So Inari early morning, Then one JR line mrt to Arashima? then cab(2k yen) to Kinkakuji since taking train is too many transfer n messy? after that still got time for other stuff? etc

Yes. Much better this way. if u can go Inari at around 7am. Then spend 1 hour at Inari

Then train ride you can reach Arashiyama maybe 9am

Then spend 3 hours at Arashiyama. then u can go Kinkakuji or even cover Ryoanji

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
from what you see, Arashiyama first, or Inari first better? :s11:
As i see inari seems to got one straight JR train to Arashiyama.

I think Inari first is better. To avoid crowd in the morning.

I think for Inari to Sagaarashiyama, u need one transfer at Kyoto. train ride maybe 30mins or so can reach including transfer time.

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think Inari first is better. To avoid crowd in the morning.

I think for Inari to Sagaarashiyama, u need one transfer at Kyoto. train ride maybe 30mins or so can reach including transfer time.

hmm since there is a transfer in Kyoto station, or maybe after Inari i go Kinkakuji then Arashiyama via cab? believe the taxi cost should be about same, so i can go back to Osaka from Arashiyama easier compared to Kitaoji station :s11:
plan the transport really messy n blur :s13:

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm since there is a transfer in Kyoto station, or maybe after Inari i go Kinkakuji then Arashiyama via cab? believe the taxi cost should be about same, so i can go back to Osaka from Arashiyama easier compared to Kitaoji station :s11:
plan the transport really messy n blur :s13:

In that case after inari, u return to Kyoto station and take bus to kinkakuji.
Then after kinkakuji can cab to arashiyama. Then spend rest of the day there.
Arshiyama got one famous unagi place Hirokawa.

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In that case after inari, u return to Kyoto station and take bus to kinkakuji.
Then after kinkakuji can cab to arashiyama. Then spend rest of the day there.
Arshiyama got one famous unagi place Hirokawa.

Thanks, so take JR line to Kyoto station?
If going Nara 1day, 2 days Kyoto, not worth gettting any pass hor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.