Are those ceramic/glass coating paint protection for cars really worth it?

kebinu

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
are such glass coating really effective for at least 3 years' shine?

what are the recommended workshops now for a brand new SUV?

TIA much
I think mine is done almost a year ago and after washing with plain water, it still has that showroom effect!

Try 96304884. He's at Ubi Autobac.

Cost should be around $600+ for a sedan?

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think mine is done almost a year ago and after washing with plain water, it still has that showroom effect!

Try 96304884. He's at Ubi Autobac.

Cost should be around $600+ for a sedan?

Thanks, yours is glass coating?

sching7777

Reaction score
I just did Zetough Ceramic Coating at Revol Carz Makeover a few days ago for my 7yo Nissan Murano for $888. Dunno if u can say worth it or not but the car is certainly much shinier than before. I wouldn't say it looks like new. More like maybe 4yo car. It doesn't give you a new paint look like if you repainted your car but its definitely much shinier. Like applying a "glass" coating to your car so my 7yo car still has (i think) a faded colour but much more shiny and the car doesn't look so old. Compared to DIY waxing or other types of professional waxing, i would say this is much shinier cos i did all those waxing before this and i wasn't really satisfied with the results. So generally, i am happy that i did it.

And just wanted to say that the car surface is much smoother than before. However, when i sprayed water on the car to wash away the dirt/dust, the water still beads quite a lot. So its not like slicky smooth. But much smoother than before. Also, if you look at some of the pics on review websites, the car might be super shiny but i guess you just need to take note that some of these are relatively new cars or had it repainted then coated so it looks super good. My personal experience is that you don't get that new car painted look with just ceramic coating. But a much shinier look. Cheers

Last edited:

Optionstrader

Banned
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Anyone ever tried those published 'ceramic' or 'glass' coating paint protection offered by professional car grooming companies? Does it really work better than me buying higher end grooming products in supermarket or HomeFIX shops and DIY myself?

Anyone got any feedback or opinions to share? Much appreciated!
Waste of money

Sent from Asus ASUS_Z00AD using GAGT

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just did Zetough Ceramic Coating at Revol Carz Makeover a few days ago for my 7yo Nissan Murano for $888. Dunno if u can say worth it or not but the car is certainly much shinier than before. I wouldn't say it looks like new. More like maybe 4yo car. It doesn't give you a new paint look like if you repainted your car but its definitely much shinier. Like applying a "glass" coating to your car so my 7yo car still has (i think) a faded colour but much more shiny and the car doesn't look so old. Compared to DIY waxing or other types of professional waxing, i would say this is much shinier cos i did all those waxing before this and i wasn't really satisfied with the results. So generally, i am happy that i did it.

And just wanted to say that the car surface is much smoother than before. However, when i sprayed water on the car to wash away the dirt/dust, the water still beads quite a lot. So its not like slicky smooth. But much smoother than before. Also, if you look at some of the pics on review websites, the car might be super shiny but i guess you just need to take note that some of these are relatively new cars or had it repainted then coated so it looks super good. My personal experience is that you don't get that new car painted look with just ceramic coating. But a much shinier look. Cheers
Joined, just to post this 'review'?

Advertising at it's best...

huihong

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my facebook got some glass coating, got which one you guys recommend?

looking to do one and see the effect how.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my facebook got some glass coating, got which one you guys recommend?

looking to do one and see the effect how.
You just want to look shiny, then any groomer will do.

If you're like me - swirl marks free, smooth, glossy, shiny, coated evenly, etc...

Then I can't give you an answer now, because my vendor failed me :s13:

huihong

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm then must tikam and choose one vendor to do glass coating 😱

You just want to look shiny, then any groomer will do.

If you're like me - swirl marks free, smooth, glossy, shiny, coated evenly, etc...

Then I can't give you an answer now, because my vendor failed me :s13:

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm then must tikam and choose one vendor to do glass coating ��
Depends on how picky you are, I paid $849 (actual value $949) for a 10H rated coating and I'm not at all 100% pleased with the end product. :s13:

So for the cheaper ones I think they might just fail utterly in my case.

huihong

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah jin chor, i go do some more research first. $900 can go JB duno pump how many time full tank.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah jin chor, i go do some more research first. $900 can go JB duno pump how many time full tank.
I love my car, to me $949 is well spent if the groomer did a professional job. However, it's only 80% to my best gauge. Oh well...

I only paid 300+ for happycar mobile groomer and I am 110% happy with it.

Sent from Samsung SM-N9200 using GAGT
My friend did the same coating as me, and he feels it's okay. I told him, if I'm to inspect and check, sure fail. He also agrees :s13:

If I'm to check yours, I think also will be thorough fail :s13: but as long as you're happy, that's all that matters.

gnixer

Master Member
Reaction score
Depends on how picky you are, I paid $849 (actual value $949) for a 10H rated coating and I'm not at all 100% pleased with the end product. :s13:

So for the cheaper ones I think they might just fail utterly in my case.

is there a 10H in the first place?
Current is 9H max? :s13:
these days those groomers like to bomb anyhow.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.