Malaysia prepaid card

galaxynote

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The RM100plus includes Validity365 and your data usage?

You can consider OneXOX (an MVNO of Celcom). Can refer to the last few pages here for information (been described many times over), and when you're ready contact a SG-based dealer (there's one here in the Marketplace) to buy and ask for information if you've further queries.

OneXOX has 28-month validity and the the Happy Hour Season Pass offers its best data rate.

IMO, everything is good with OneXOX, just that the withdrawal of data for use will be perfect if it can be like that of the old Hotlink Tablet plan, just deduct-as-you-use instead of having to withdraw a set amount of data each time...

Just activate only i think. Inside got 30RM to use

kitkat2

Reaction score
Hi all
My 1 year with hotlink has expired.
Can recommend me a good prepaid card as i go jb quire often. Currently hotlink is 3RM for 1gb data.
For 1 year i paid RM100plus for hotlink

just topup rm5 every 55 days or less. you need to repeat that just 7 times in a year. not difficult at all since you go to jb often and 7x5 = rm35, so definitely you will need to topup more frequently since you used rm100.

why give rm35+ free money to malaysian telco for 1 year validity? :)

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. I m going to penang for 3 days, need some data and to call as well.

What is the cheapest sim card I can get and where can I get it from?

Sent from your phone using GAGT

I'd go for Hotlink FAST:
For Penang, and only for those 4 days, Digi Prepaid Best should work or you can also consider Maxis Hotlink FAST, which is the more popular choice of Penangites I know.

Free 300MB with the new pack (though only valid for 2 days), free 1GB fast internet granted after Hotlink RED app download and login, RM3 for 1GB fast data daily package (if you really need that much), free weekend fast internet data (1GB each for Saturday and Sunday) if your trip crosses over that period...

For calls, they've "Free calls to 5 FRIENDZ".

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't just think about 1 trip. Think about multiple trips in the future with long validity period, at least without the need and worry of topping up for the next 28 months for a start, and able to maintain the same prepaid card number for long period of time for future visits to Malaysia... Kekeke.

Last edited:

steven168z

Master Member
Reaction score
Don't just think about 1 trip. Think about multiple trips in the future with long validity period, at least without the need and worry of topping up for the next 28 months for a start, and able to maintain the same prepaid card number for long period of time for future visits to Malaysia... Kekeke.

It is cheaper to change prepaid card each time.

Expecially for those who don't need to maintain to contact using the same no.

kitkat2

Reaction score
It is cheaper to change prepaid card each time.

Expecially for those who don't need to maintain to contact using the same no.

definitely much cheaper. free data, no GST deductions for singaporeans, free 1st ride on uber and grab...:s12:

kitkat2

Reaction score
Hi. I m going to penang for 3 days, need some data and to call as well.

What is the cheapest sim card I can get and where can I get it from?

try to get your card from a convenience store to avoid from being forced to buy a large amount of data or topup. each new card comes with enough data and credits to last you your entire stay. there are a number of mynews stores at penang airport.

https://www.mynews.com.my/store-location/

AS1

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
try to get your card from a convenience store to avoid from being forced to buy a large amount of data or topup. each new card comes with enough data and credits to last you your entire stay. there are a number of mynews stores at penang airport.

https://www.mynews.com.my/store-location/

My guess is people not sure how to activate the sim card so they rather go dealer to turn on first and then simply top up.

kitkat2

Reaction score
My guess is people not sure how to activate the sim card so they rather go dealer to turn on first and then simply top up.

activation is a no-brainer. malaysian prepaids are activated either upon registration (e.g umobile, hotlink) or upon first call (digi). there are also instructions on the cardboard holder.

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ya! All depend on one's priority! :)

To me, I'm more towards convenience in a long run with the same number than saving that few RM...! :s22:

GenerationX

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone got their prepaid card replaced? My card got cut spoil by samsung shop ppl... haiz... cham lo.. lucky my thai sim have nano liao if not gota fly to thailand to fix.. lol

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone got their prepaid card replaced? My card got cut spoil by samsung shop ppl... haiz... cham lo.. lucky my thai sim have nano liao if not gota fly to thailand to fix.. lol

Heard from one forumer that maxis does replacement sim for prepaids. Not sure about the rest.

kitkat2

Reaction score

need to go to a service centre. rm10 fee usually. somethings waived if they really like you ;)

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For replacement of Hotlink card, Maxis Centers will do it, or try one of the MEPs (Maxis Exclusive Partners) ... like the one in City Square.

Normal charge is RM10.

The MEPs do changing to Nano SIM, should do for corrupt ones too.

Last edited:

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh, forgot to share my short Tune Talk card experience.

Most recent trip, wanted to use my Hotlink Broadband (ex-Hotlink Tablet) card but realized it's micro-SIM, so pulled out my Tune Talk to use instead.

Must say connection was pretty good, even way up in KSL room... and at times even in the lift going down. =:p

Thought of going to Maxis Center to change to nano-SIM... dropped by an MEP to ask, then realized it's registered with my old passport which I didn't bring along. So shortest way was to pop into a trusted shop and asked the boss to cut for me. :s13:

Oinkize

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh, forgot to share my short Tune Talk card experience.

Most recent trip, wanted to use my Hotlink Broadband (ex-Hotlink Tablet) card but realized it's micro-SIM, so pulled out my Tune Talk to use instead.

Must say connection was pretty good, even way up in KSL room... and at times even in the lift going down. =:p

Thought of going to Maxis Center to change to nano-SIM... dropped by an MEP to ask, then realized it's registered with my old passport which I didn't bring along. So shortest way was to pop into a trusted shop and asked the boss to cut for me. :s13:

Wa, so next time need to bring old passport to let them update to the new passport details?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.