Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

terumo

Reaction score
If 3 units are running at the same time, 3MKS50FSG is undersized, thus will consume more energy as the fancoil btu is around 6-7k btu instead of 9k, thus will take a longer time to cool down the room.

If 3 units running, 3MKS50FSG will consume more?

I thought 3MKS71FSG should consume more energy? Cos it it 24,000 BTU?? 3MKS50FSG max BTU would be 20,000 BTU?

Urbanchap

Reaction score
Hi,

1) 7.07 x 3412 = 24122 btu which is max 24k btu.

Thanks for clarification. But shouldn't I be looking at the max BTU figure for this configuration ie 6.61x3,412= 22.5k btu? Note that I'm planning to knock the common wall between BR & LR, to create a single studio space.

Also, my understanding of "Rated" power means aircon operating under standard/average conditions. If my room is particularly hot for eg, then the System2 will rev up to give its max cooling power (ie 22.5kW)?

TIA

terumo

Reaction score
The thermistor will feedback to the compressor to load up if the room is not cool enough or hot.

Thanks for clarification. But shouldn't I be looking at the max BTU figure for this configuration ie 6.61x3,412= 22.5k btu? Note that I'm planning to knock the common wall between BR & LR, to create a single studio space.

Also, my understanding of "Rated" power means aircon operating under standard/average conditions. If my room is particularly hot for eg, then the System2 will rev up to give its max cooling power (ie 22.5kW)?

TIA

zann03

Reaction score
Hi guys can anyone tell me is the price alitte too expensive?

DAIKIN INVERTER (R410A) SYSTEM 3 
MODEL : MKS80QVMG / CTKS25QVM x 3 
CAPACITY : 25 200BTU / 8 530BTU x 3 

Price - $4,466

DAIKIN INVERTER (R32) SINGLE SPLIT
MODEL : RKM71PVMG / FTKM71PVM 
CAPACITY : 24 200BTU
Price - $2,205

Cut and make ceiling complete with white paint 
Price - $748

TOTAL with GST - $7938
All complete with new piping, testing and commissioning.

hwmook

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Price - $4,466

Price - $2,205

Price - $748

TOTAL with GST - $7938

Yes, very expensive.

Quantom

Reaction score

Price - $4,466

Price - $2,205

Price - $748

TOTAL with GST - $7938

I have similarly gotten MKS80QVMG with CTKS25QVM x 3 and CTKS60QVM x 1. It works out to be slightly higher than yours, so I think your deal's quite reasonable.

I'm guessing you're getting the FTKM71PVM unit to cool your living room. R32 is a very modern refrigerant, nice. You're paying a pretty penny for mainly the additional condenser; but I guess if your house (and wallet) can take the additional current, I don't see why not.

Whatever you go for, it's much more important to ensure that the installation process is done correctly (see dachee's helpful posts). No point paying top dollar for a fancy A/C hardware only to have subpar workmanship and materials.

creamyhil

Reaction score
hih as i am on a tight budget for aircon, i was recommended fujitsu system 2 by the sales person in courts. may i know if the brand is anygood?

terumo

Reaction score
Hi,

Are your piping concealed inside the walls or all they very long in distance?

Price - $4,466

Price - $2,205

Price - $748

TOTAL with GST - $7938

dibromoethene

Reaction score
R32 is a very modern refrigerant, nice.

R32 is basically R410 minus R125(the non flammability part).

Developed under pressure from European tree huggers to stop global warming catastrophe. But this thing is flammable and very toxic if it does burn.

Manufacturer says unlikely to catch fire, but doesn't* that sound similar to lithium batteries on aircraft?

No doubt the risk is small, Im not sure if the efficiency and environment benefits are worth it. If it was me I'd choose the conventional refrigerant until this R32 is proven over time.

Last edited:

zann03

Reaction score
Hi,

Are your piping concealed inside the walls or all they very long in distance?

Concealed inside the walls. But i will have to reno my whole house as well, getting another guy to come down have a look and quote me today also..

zann03

Reaction score
I have similarly gotten MKS80QVMG with CTKS25QVM x 3 and CTKS60QVM x 1. It works out to be slightly higher than yours, so I think your deal's quite reasonable.

I'm guessing you're getting the FTKM71PVM unit to cool your living room. R32 is a very modern refrigerant, nice. You're paying a pretty penny for mainly the additional condenser; but I guess if your house (and wallet) can take the additional current, I don't see why not.

Whatever you go for, it's much more important to ensure that the installation process is done correctly (see dachee's helpful posts). No point paying top dollar for a fancy A/C hardware only to have subpar workmanship and materials.

I think i almost cannot take it lol :s22:

terumo

Reaction score
If concealed inside walls as in need hacking of the walls & patch back afterwards, then quite reasonable, if just above the ceiling (which most condo are), then a bit high price.

Concealed inside the walls. But i will have to reno my whole house as well, getting another guy to come down have a look and quote me today also..

Quantom

Reaction score
R32 is basically R410 minus R125(the non flammability part).

Developed under pressure from European tree huggers to stop global warming catastrophe. But this thing is flammable and very toxic if it does burn.

Manufacturer says unlikely to catch fire, but doesn't* that sound similar to lithium batteries on aircraft?

No doubt the risk is small, Im not sure if the efficiency and environment benefits are worth it. If it was me I'd choose the conventional refrigerant until this R32 is proven over time.

Interesting info. Thanks!

Your point gets me thinking about the difference in efficiency (COP values) in spite of the similarity of coolants between different condenser models.

In other words, if two models of A/C systems rely on the same R-410A coolant -- and assuming that all other variables such as insulation are equal -- would it then be safe to conclude that a unit with a higher COP (or number of NEA ticks) is better engineered?

wilflare

Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
finally installed my Starmex (5-ticks) yesterday.
It went pretty okay except for
- for the vertical PVC pipes - no insulator
- for the vacuum - they only did like 5 mins when the pins on the gauged aligned or something

other than that, they were pretty good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.