NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

juggernaut7

Reaction score
Hi Juggernaut7!

Not sure if you still rmb me.. I was too dejected after being rejected last Nov that I did not come to this forum until now lol. May I know if its Pri or Sec level MT teachers that they are recruiting on the advertisements? Thanks!
hi reth,
The ad did not specifically state Pri or Sec level.
It just state that to be considered u need to have good MT grades & possess poly diploma, IB dip or degree major in MT.
It also states the programme that applicants are eligible for >>> PGDE, dipEd or BA (Edun).
But looking at the sentiment out there, can roughly guess that they are ramping up for the Pri level, partly due to merging of Sec schools cos of low enrolment.
So why don't u try in your e-application to indicate 1st content subject as Pri MT & 2nd CS as Sec MT. No harm trying.

souppress

Reaction score
hi souppress,
Just rcvd email from Vital this morning requesting to go for medical examination at Raffles Hospital by 17 Mar 2017.
I thought that they have forgotten me, quite surprised when I rcvd the email, to be exact waited for 4 months for them to conclude & reply. :)

Omg! Congrats!!! 😬

souppress

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I went for interview in November 16, proceeded to complete my ELEPT and finished my medical checkup. However, I have not received any news since the medical checkup. Wondering, if there's anyone on the same boat as me?

Thanks in advance!

Same! I went for medical checkup on 16th feb, and I'm still waiting also!

AuburnSpree

Reaction score
Maths

Hi everyone, I've been stalking this thread for quite some time now and sort of figured that maths teachers, especially secondary ones are not in demand at the moment due to school merges. I'm due to graduate with a Maths degree, albeit a foreign one and coming back home this year. Do you guys think its worth a shot to put it an application at all? I would prefer JC/Sec maths and definitely not primary. I have no interest in MT/PE/Music either. Honest thoughts, please!

If there are any current applications for JC/Sec maths at the moment, it would be motivating to hear from you! Thanks :)

jankoon1003

Reaction score
Same! I went for medical checkup on 16th feb, and I'm still waiting also!
Hi souppress! Same for me too! Looks like moe has yet to process our batch. Looking at previous replies the offer letter will be sent out in 2 to 3 weeks after medical. For us it has been 3 weeks and im so worried. Let's keep each other updated!

Last edited:

jenellaz

Reaction score
Hi souppress! Same for me too! Looks like moe has yet to process our batch. Looking at previous replies the offer letter will be sent out in 2 to 3 weeks after medical. For us it has been 3 weeks and im so worried. Let's keep each other updated!

Hi Jankoon1003 and Souppress

I did my medical around mid feb too! Let's keep each other updated! Have you both graduated/ graduating this May or are mid career switch-ers?

souppress

Reaction score

I did my medical around mid feb too! Let's keep each other updated! Have you both graduated/ graduating this May or are mid career switch-ers?

Hi jenellaz and Jankoon1003, Yes! Let's keep each other updated!
I'm in my final semester! How about you all? :)

gomoq13

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has been called or received an E-mail with regards to interview for Diploma in Art Education (primary)? Asking this on behalf of my friend who applied for that.

reth_th

Reaction score
hi reth,
The ad did not specifically state Pri or Sec level.
It just state that to be considered u need to have good MT grades & possess poly diploma, IB dip or degree major in MT.
It also states the programme that applicants are eligible for >>> PGDE, dipEd or BA (Edun).
But looking at the sentiment out there, can roughly guess that they are ramping up for the Pri level, partly due to merging of Sec schools cos of low enrolment.
So why don't u try in your e-application to indicate 1st content subject as Pri MT & 2nd CS as Sec MT. No harm trying.

Hi Juggernaut, thanks for the info. Yep, I applied again and indicated pri level as first content subject and sec level as second content subject. Hopefully they will shortlist me for Pri level this time~ If I am shortlisted for sec level again, I'll negotiate with the HR when they call me heh.

Thanks yea, and grats to you!

andelia

Reaction score
just applied!

Hi! I applied last week - mid career ... all the best to me and to us!

andelia

Reaction score
Hi you, me too! Praying so hard! Mind sharing your current career backgrnd :)
was a cabin crew and now secretary .. noticed many bankers n lawyers joining, so not too sure abt my chances; we'll see ...
what abt u? :)

Last edited:

-efkleidis-

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been stalking this thread for quite some time now and sort of figured that maths teachers, especially secondary ones are not in demand at the moment due to school merges. I'm due to graduate with a Maths degree, albeit a foreign one and coming back home this year. Do you guys think its worth a shot to put it an application at all? I would prefer JC/Sec maths and definitely not primary. I have no interest in MT/PE/Music either. Honest thoughts, please!

If there are any current applications for JC/Sec maths at the moment, it would be motivating to hear from you! Thanks :)

Ah, finally someone in a similar situation... Are you studying up in the old Blighty or Down Under by any chance?

I've had 3 failed attempts, each time with slightly different 1st/2nd choices, hesitant on a 4th attempt, or more like losing hope... :o

temytemy

Reaction score
Ah, finally someone in a similar situation... Are you studying up in the old Blighty or Down Under by any chance?

I've had 3 failed attempts, each time with slightly different 1st/2nd choices, hesitant on a 4th attempt, or more like losing hope... :o

What's your background? What did you study?

-efkleidis-

Reaction score
What's your background? What did you study?

Have a mostly mathematics/science background. Done several random temp jobs (none education related), but technically a 'fresh grad' I suppose. Not sure if lack of experience is the thing counting against me.. ;)

souppress

Reaction score

Hi Jenellaz and Jankoon1003,

I just received my appointment letter today! I'll be going for the appointment briefing on 23rd March and starting on 19 June! :)

AuburnSpree

Reaction score

Old Blighty for me! Wbu? Three?!?! Oh dear that's not really promising news then. Were all your choices maths? At which stage of the interview did you fail? If you want to keep this private, just send me a PM!

Xiuje87

Reaction score
Hi guys finally have gotten my offer letter today for pri school music! Look into your letterbox Ya. I did my medical roughly 3 weeks ago..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.