Onkyo Aims for Highest SQ in Smartphone

Randius

Reaction score
Based on the latest DAP from Onkyo, the DP-X1A, Onkyo and Pioneer Innovation will launch the Android smartphone "GRANBEAT DP-CMX1" in late February 2017. The CMX1 will be first smartphone with full balanced circuit and also 2.5mm balanced output. The balanced output supports both A.C.G and BTL. The smartphone will feature Android 6.0 and dual SIM-slot. Volume control will be through a wheel dial. It has built-in storage of 128 GB and has a single micro-SD card slot supporting up to 256 GB, for a total of 384 GB.

The components used for both the Android and audio are largely similar to what's used in DP-X1A, however, the chassis and circuit board are redesigned for CMX1. Separate boards are used for Android and audio. DAC is (dual?) Sabre ES9018C2M and amp is 9601K.

Retail price will be around 84,800 JPY (approx. 1,060 SGD)

o07.jpg

o03.jpg

o15.jpg

o16.jpg

o14.jpg

skpuppy

Master Member
Reaction score
$1000? Why don't they give license the technology to Apple and other phones?

xuan87

Reaction score
$1000? Why don't they give license the technology to Apple and other phones?

Even if Onkyo wants to license it out, who will take it? You think Apple will want an audiophile phone after they remove the dac and amp component and 3.5mm jack from the iPhone 7? :s13:

There is nothing ground breaking in terms of technology, just a matter of how much R&D you want to put in to tune out such a sound.

The price of 1,060 SGD is reasonable considering how much DAPs of similar quality will cost. I believe the DPX1 costs 9XX when it was first launched in Sg.

Unfortunately, I don't think any of our telcoms will bring this in because this is really a niche product.

visuallin

Reaction score
Interesting, are Japanese sets Telco locked? Or can ship and use in SG?

Edit: Just checked, seems unlocked. Now wondering if SG will have official sets haha

Last edited:

Randius

Reaction score
Interesting, are Japanese sets Telco locked? Or can ship and use in SG?

Edit: Just checked, seems unlocked. Now wondering if SG will have official sets haha

No, SG telcos definitely won't be selling this phone. Will have to look for those JP phone importers to get this.

ruffruff

Master Member
Reaction score
wah .. sibei chio sia .. i want...

btw, anyone knows if DP-X1A has local warranty in Singapore? The price in HK is not cheap for DP-X1A with HK warranty ...

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am strongly considering this to replace my phone AND have a DAP at the same time

I just concerned about the warranty

johnsonheng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello I order the this by mistake, do you all think I should cancel it.

johnsonheng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I put it in my cart, never purchase, some how it got purchase, only came to know it when I reach home

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I put it in my cart, never purchase, some how it got purchase, only came to know it when I reach home

Whoa, that's unusual. See if can cancel or not; I think if the order is not shipped out, some online shops may allow cancellations with no penalties

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.