Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero - Flagship AM4 Ryzen X370 Motherboard

Noirkw

Reaction score
Noirkw, seems you are really interested in Ryzen.

Good time to ask something about your Dominators, which version are these sticks? You can see them in the label with ver4.31 or ver.4.23 etc...

Just get the Crosshair and suddenly no more worries about hunting around for new cooling solutions. =:p
Yes most likely getting the CH6 with a 1800X. Just wanted confirmation on the WiFi option. Not too sure on the ram I'd need to check on the dominators after work

Sent from my S7 Edge using GAGT

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Err, the thing about Corsair RAM kits are that they aren't always the same. That's why responsible mobo vendors will explicitly list the tested kit version separately.

Sometimes its version 1.x, 2.x, 3.x all using different ICs and branded under the same dominator or vengeance lpx label but it is actually a different product. I guess that's why Mac asked about kit version.

If you need some context: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=68811

I don't think corsair goes public (last was DDR3) on the IC supplier either because some consumers will pick. It's like when people learn about Intel vs. qualcomm modems on iphone 7 on their different speeds. Apple had to artificially cripple the faster qualcomm modem to stop consumers from buying hardware lottery and returning the slower one.

So best to check the label of your current kit (for version) before making the next step.

Last edited:

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Encrypted11, did you check the date of the TS last edit? :vijayadmin:

Last edited by RAM GUY; 12-02-2011 at 07:09 PM

That list is super out of date, by 6+ years. :s22:

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yees. Saying example ma. But I don't think there are public data out there on DDR4 RAM ICs for corsair. Initially moi thought he's looking to buy them (but it appears that he already has).

So I made the edit, left some comments there that if compatibility is a concern its a YMMV for him and that's heavily dependent on IC though whatever he has is fixed cause it appears that he isn't looking out for a new set in the market. =:p

Original intent of my post - know what version you buy, IC type before committing.
Edited version: You have the RAMs already, I guess YMMV, the heavy weighing factors are still IC type.

Last edited:

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was simply thinking of helping him keep the 'right' sticks for his upcoming Ryzen rig.

Save him from selling and buying again later, waste time and $$$. =:p

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Onboard Buttons
Conveniently located at the edge of the motherboard, very useful for troubleshooting.

KWSW

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
look like stocks have arrived... just called to reserve mine to pick up tmr. first time i am buying such a high end board :D

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ROG Heatsinks
All properly anchored down with metal screws plus heatpipe for power sinks.

KWSW

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got my board and 1800x today but only got time to fix over the weekends. although hoping also a new bios would be out by then :o

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1800X, nice... go big or go home! :eek:

btw, Mumak the author of hwinfo has just released a new beta v5.47-3105 for the Crosshair to address the voltage monitoring bugs.

FYI

KWSW

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1800X, nice... go big or go home! :eek:

btw, Mumak the author of hwinfo has just released a new beta v5.47-3105 for the Crosshair to address the voltage monitoring bugs.

FYI
I'm kinda lazy to oc so if the 1800X can do higher speeds than to hit 4ghz would be easier i guess...

Nemesys

Reaction score
Ask owners of this mobo - this mobo got good until got dragon got phoenix ... Or not?

Else can just say which one is good and cheap too.

KWSW

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just fixed up my rig... wah too long never do this liaos super lost at first. time to install win software etc. maybe after all done i will try to see if can hit 4ghz on my 1800x if i remember how to OC :o

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.