Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ana restrict at 158 linear dimension, sq doesn't matter as long as within weight allowance.

They have pretty big locker..

Also one of the reason why I prefer to stay in hotel, deposit luggage with them then head out for a few days trip with a backpack..
I book on jan... ALL hotel sold out, yes all! Only lrft with hostel or 5stars hotel ehich range from 400+ And up per nite. Peasant me cant afford

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I book on jan... ALL hotel sold out, yes all! Only lrft with hostel or 5stars hotel ehich range from 400+ And up per nite. Peasant me cant afford

Wait, when's your trip?

If it's too far away from Jan, there's the possibility that the hotels have not even release their rooms for booking. Most hotels in Japan only release their rooms for booking 6 months before. i.e. if you intend to stay in December, you can only start booking in June. If you attempt to try before June, you will see them as all sold out / unavailable.

lordleslie

Reaction score
Hi just curious, has anyone stayed for a few days in a capsule hotel before?

How is it like to do it for a few days?

Personally, I've only done 1 night but never a few nights in a row.

Ruriel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Ruriel, my trip is next week.. lol

Ooops. Then I guess you booked too late coz of (peak) sakura season... =:p

Anyway enjoy your trip! Hopefully someday I can visit during sakura season too. :love:

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ooops. Then I guess you booked too late coz of (peak) sakura season... =:p

Anyway enjoy your trip! Hopefully someday I can visit during sakura season too. :love:
Haha ya, i checked non peak season those hotel is 200+, which i still willing to squeeze my penny out for it. Peak season they almost double the price i cant!

Ok now back to my qns, so big lugg if cant fit in jap locker, any other way to store?

Last edited:

h0neystars

Reaction score
Hi just curious, has anyone stayed for a few days in a capsule hotel before?

How is it like to do it for a few days?

Personally, I've only done 1 night but never a few nights in a row.

I've tried staying in capsule hotel for one night back in 2016 (you can red my blog post: http://www.flyhoneystars.com/2016/0...es-safe-and-pleasant-experience-may-2016/)and in my recent trip, I stayed in a cabin hotel in Osaka for 2 nights.

Cabin Hotel is like more spacious than capsule whereby you get your own floor space and you can keep your luggage to you inside your cabin. This is useful for packing but since it is super not soundproof, you will feel kind of guilty ruffling through all the plastic bags and zips while you pack.

Also, I stayed 2 nights in this Cabin Hotel and I somehow didn't get a good sleep as the bed was too hard. I didn't remember my capsule hotel having such a hard bed but I guess this could be dependent on the hotel itself.

Anyway, if you are someone who needs to do a lot of packing, I wouldn't encourage staying in a cabin/capsule hotel as the noise you make can really be amplified and annoying for the other visitors. When I was there, I was the only one with like this huge 24 inch luggage. The other visitors were all like with small luggage or backpack..

lordleslie

Reaction score
I've tried staying in capsule hotel for one night back in 2016 (you can red my blog post: http://www.flyhoneystars.com/2016/0...es-safe-and-pleasant-experience-may-2016/)and in my recent trip, I stayed in a cabin hotel in Osaka for 2 nights.

Cabin Hotel is like more spacious than capsule whereby you get your own floor space and you can keep your luggage to you inside your cabin. This is useful for packing but since it is super not soundproof, you will feel kind of guilty ruffling through all the plastic bags and zips while you pack.

Also, I stayed 2 nights in this Cabin Hotel and I somehow didn't get a good sleep as the bed was too hard. I didn't remember my capsule hotel having such a hard bed but I guess this could be dependent on the hotel itself.

Anyway, if you are someone who needs to do a lot of packing, I wouldn't encourage staying in a cabin/capsule hotel as the noise you make can really be amplified and annoying for the other visitors. When I was there, I was the only one with like this huge 24 inch luggage. The other visitors were all like with small luggage or backpack..

thanks honeystars! I'm heading to Osaka solo for about 8 days so I was thinking of staying capsule hotel to reduce costs and try out the backpackers life.

since you have stayed for 2 nights, every morning you have to check out and check in again right?

h0neystars

Reaction score
thanks honeystars! I'm heading to Osaka solo for about 8 days so I was thinking of staying capsule hotel to reduce costs and try out the backpackers life.

since you have stayed for 2 nights, every morning you have to check out and check in again right?

if you staying in the one i stayed - first cabin osaka (which is super convenient as the lift brings you down to subway level), you don't have to check in and out everyday. however, the pricing for mine is not very cheap either.. about $60 to $80/night depending on weekday or weekend.

if you're staying so long, you might be better off staying in a hostel. I think hostel prices will be about $30-40/night.

lordleslie

Reaction score
if you staying in the one i stayed - first cabin osaka (which is super convenient as the lift brings you down to subway level), you don't have to check in and out everyday. however, the pricing for mine is not very cheap either.. about $60 to $80/night depending on weekday or weekend.

if you're staying so long, you might be better off staying in a hostel. I think hostel prices will be about $30-40/night.

I was thinking since capsule hotel need you to check out everyday, I was planning of moving around, example I plan to spend 2 days in the umeda area so I will stay near there so I don't have to travel far and save on transportation as well as I can stay out around the area later.

Anyone has this experience?

parkson

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'll be going to Nagoya - Toyama - Kyoto - Osaka on 21 apr. is it recommended to do a road trip from nagoya and return the car at kyoto?

darkmatt

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I'll be going to Nagoya - Toyama - Kyoto - Osaka on 21 apr. is it recommended to do a road trip from nagoya and return the car at kyoto?

returning the car at a different prefecture usually costs alot

parkson

Reaction score
Yes I've factored that cost in, just wondering is it recommended to do a road trip in Japan compared to taking the JR?

clara03

Reaction score
What time does Teramachi and Shinkyogoku Shopping Arcade closes? Thought of hoping over after dinner to walk walk..

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last time when i was there at 7pm its already have some shops closing, so better be there earlier if you want to shop there

IcYFl4mEz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
got a suica card from 2013, if i bring for my trip next week still can use ?

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can, i saw somewhere says its can last 10years

Yup..

If not used for a period of 10 years, the Suica becomes invalid. For such invalid cards, the following options are available:
Get a replacement Suica card
The charge on the invalid Suica will be transferred to your new card.
Get a refund
A refund will be made after subtracting a refund fee from the charge on the invalid Suica. The initial deposit of 500 yen will also be refunded.

http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/pass/suica.html#category07

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.