[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score

ASUS has officially released their first ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 designed for extreme users, serious/causal gamers for further enhance their Internet/gaming experiences by a slew of new hardware design/features that will delight any serious/gamers alike out there.

Sporting the first 64bit 1.8GHz Broadcom (BCM49408) quad core CPU for serious CPU horsepower and their Tri-Band WiFi 4x4 2.4/5G single chip 802.11ac SoC (BCM4366) and coupled with 1GB DDR3 RAM for serious business.

BCM49408

~ Low power quad core B53, 64-bit ARM @ 1.8 GHz
~ 1MB shared L2 cache w/ ECC
~ IPSEC Crypto support
~ 32-bit DDR3-1600
~ 3x PCIe Gen2, USB3, SATA3
~ 2.5G-phy support (SGMII+)
~ 5 Integrated GE PHYs and switch

Tri-Band WiFi 4x4 2.4/5G single chip 802.11ac SoC (BCM4366)

The BCM4366 enables Broadcom’s second-generation XStream wi-fi router platform, delivering up-to 5.4Gb/s of thru-put.
Designed to support homes with multiple streaming devices, including Ultra HD content, the platform comes equipped with 8-stream 5G WiFi, MU-MIMO support, 1024 QAM support, Zero Wait DFS and explicit transmit beam-forming and offers our highest speed and performance over range, to-date.

~ Tri-band XStream AC5400 router support with three BCM4366 4x4 radios
~ Eight 802.11ac stream and four 802.11n simultaneous streams
~ MU-MIMO support for up to four clients in a single group
~ Zero Wait Dynamic Frequency selection (DFS), with 3+1 spectrum analysis
~ 1024 QAM Modulation support boost speeds by 25%
~ Support new FCC channels and regulatory requirements

Features

Official ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300

@ ~> https://www.asus.com/Networking/ROG-Rapture-GT-AC5300/overview/

ASUS ROG

@ ~> https://rog.asus.com/

Last edited:

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
Actual ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 Retail Box

Contents/Unboxing

2x USB 3.0/1x WAN port/8x LAN port - LAN1-2 ~ Gaming Port/LAN 5-6 ~ Link Aggregation

Last edited:

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
Further improvement (with a rubber ring) to secure the antennas

LED/WPS/WiFi On/Off button

LED Indicators

Set Up

(ViewQwest 1Gbps symmetrical)

Test Rig

Custom EKWB watercooling with ASUS X99-E WS 10G motherboard with ASUS dual 10GbE NIC

Last edited:

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
UI (QIS - Quick Internet Setup)

Upon booting up, one will see the following to change their admin password/WiFi - SSID/password.

Last edited:

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
UI - (QIS - Quick Internet Setup - Con't)

Auto-updating of the first shipping firmware 9736 upon setting (if one didn't skipped the QIS setup and WAN isn't disconnected)

Last edited:

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
Actual ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 GUI - Dash Board

A slew of information/details showing various parameters of one's Internet connection.

Features

I will update this thread when i have done a thorough features sampling the next couple of days. That's for now ^^

To be continued ~~~

~ Update ~

18/03/2017 ~ 11PM

Network Map

First time seeing 4 core CPU in action after some CPU loading ^^

Last edited:

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
Some Q&A - 25/04/2017 :D

Difference between ASUS RT-AC5300 and ASUS Rapture GT-AC5300

I will post a more detail post ~ what is triple level game accelerator is all about shortly.

Apart from the triple level game accelerator ~ there is a forth accelerator ~ Runner (Hardware NAT and Flow Cache) which is enabled by default.

There is Green Energy Ethernet in play as well ;)

USB 3.0

WAN/LAN Reassignment

Last edited:

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
Triple-Level Game Acceleration - Exclusive to ASUS Rapture GT-AC5300 Only

Some understanding what is Triple-Level Game Acceleration

Acceleration Level 1: Gaming Ports Connect a PC or laptop to the dedicated Gaming ports (LAN 1 or 2). For handheld (mobile) games, connect your wireless device to Wi-Fi SSID: ASUS_XX_5G_gaming. (Note: XX refers to the last two digits of the 2.4 GHz MAC address)

Acceleration Level 2: Game Boost Log into the ROG Gaming Center and enable the Game Boost function. Path: ROG Gaming Center => Game Boost

Acceleration Level 3: Game Private Network Path: ROG Gaming Center => Game Private Network
Create an WTFast account for free. Visit: https://www.wtfast.com/

From ASUS TW testing, they are able to achieve lower latency over several games even their Fiber Internet connectivity bandwidth is > 80% saturation.

I have yet to verify the information out neither have try it out as impeding PC parts incoming + overhauling my rig setup.

There is fourth acceleration which is enabled by default. It's called Runner (Hardware NAT acceleration with Flow Cache)

You guys can try it out whether the triple-level gaming acceleration works for you.

Last edited:

fallraen

Reaction score
I can't wait! Did you get this at the IT Show? Hoping the price will go down a little without the freebies :D

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maylyn is a local networking expert and is also testing the product in collaboration with Asus Taiwan.

This model will also feature the rubber bunk at the antenna area so that a slight knock will not loosen the antenna. One thing existing users hate. :D

I can't wait! Did you get this at the IT Show? Hoping the price will go down a little without the freebies :D

Singapore21

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just got it from the IT show. Singtel MIO connection has been spotty. I put back my AC88U. I think I need to wait for new fw for it to be stabilized.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Singapore21

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Singapore21

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I tried both. SingTel-Mio and SingTel-others. Both must connect Mio to port 1.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Keeps freezing up, sometimes loses tv signal. Can't be my home network cos everything is fine now with my ac88u. Quite a bummer, web access is fine.

if its only singtel tv, i can't help liao. cos i don't have singtel tv anymore.

have u done a reboot after applying the profile?

do use only singtel-others but not singtel-mio..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.