Creative Katana User discussion thread

To test or not to test that is the question?

• Yes, please give me your opinion.

Votes: 19 55.9%
  • Yes, don't want to spend on something that either fails or have design issues.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • No, we know you will bash Creative definetely.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Your choice, got time go test.

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

Ed.YEO

Banned
Reaction score
買唔到嘅支持者,可以考虑去森林商城睇下啦。。。
见到四楼賣游戏软件嗰间铺,标价419,有得扣30蚊。

MorningOwl

Master Member
Reaction score
Went to sim lim walk walk. One shop selling at $359. So I bought it. Tonight going to test it

Jasonrulez

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm considering a speaker or soundbar for gaming purposes either on a laptop or ps4 (old ver which has a optical output)

wondering either razer leviathan or creative katana (dont shoot me)
personally i dont like razer product but sometime it offer a good pricing like S$199. However, katana as a new product lowest i can seen before was around S$339?

Not having a big gaming table just for a laptop, 24"monitor and a ps4. will using mainly on PS4 for gaming. as for laptop will only for movie / music things like that.

any opinion or feedback on using katana on a ps4 console system will be much appreciate ! Ps4 gaming im using a headset so far...

thx !

contacted

Reaction score
Hi all,

Anybody know where to get the best deal for the Katana other then Creative's store? Thanks.

xuan87

Reaction score
Just received my creative katana last night, here's my quick impression compared to my X7+XM7 setup previously

1) Katana definitely takes up alot less space, but it takes in the way of my keyboard cable. So have to buy an angled usb cable that I can loop around the katana instead of under it.

2) Sound quality wise, the X7 combo definitely sounds better. However, it's a distinctly 2-channel while the Katana is able to imitate surround sound better.

3) I need to find a better placement for the sub because at it's current position under the table, I'm not hearing any bass

4) The rainbow led effect under the Katana is very nice :D

If you use your PC more for gaming and watching movies, and have limited desk space, go for the Katana.

If you're a stickler for sound quality and listen to alot of music, go for the X7 combo.

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Enable CMSS for X7? Or SRS WOW if your player has it?

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmmm.... time to play with another Creative speaker? :D
Creative Kratos S5, will see.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.