Uber & Grabcar driver lip lai - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeadQuarters

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So young n haven't become father, but sit 10 hours a day inside the car will affect fertility boh huh? :o

longjuan

Reaction score
Don't blindly follow gps, know where pickup points are. Ask passengers for directions if needed, especially when nearing drop off point

One good example I had one pickup at the regent hotel. The booking say hotel lobby so I waited at Cuscaden road lobby. Called the passenger no pickup then waited and almost wanna cancel and go passenger say at hotel lobby. I say I also there and I dun see you. In the end they are at the lobby at Tomlinson road. If I go straight away to Tomlinson road and wait I have to make one big round in order to go back.GPS jus show stop at main road.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One good example I had one pickup at the regent hotel. The booking say hotel lobby so I waited at Cuscaden road lobby. Called the passenger no pickup then waited and almost wanna cancel and go passenger say at hotel lobby. I say I also there and I dun see you. In the end they are at the lobby at Tomlinson road. If I go straight away to Tomlinson road and wait I have to make one big round in order to go back.GPS jus show stop at main road.
No need leh, Regent Hotel Lobby exit towards Cuscaden can go left/right, no need go one big round.

From Cuscaden, just a left turn (on red) can reach Tomlinson.

No need go one big round.

longjuan

Reaction score
No need leh, Regent Hotel Lobby exit towards Cuscaden can go left/right, no need go one big round.

From Cuscaden, just a left turn (on red) can reach Tomlinson.

No need go one big round.

If you waiting at Tomlinson lobby and they ask you go cuscaden road How?

longjuan

Reaction score
Not if the idiot meant 123A ABC road.

Tmd make me wait at 123 ABC road. Then finally found them, tell me 'eh yesterday also same issue, why huh'. **....

I passenger also encounter this problem. I at Blk 721B Then the carpark is 721 beside me only. I book the location detect is 721 cos very close. Then I wait at 721A driver go 721. I was like how come the driver go carpark. I call driver then he come 721A. Then when I ask he say your address 721. Then I realize its my mistake.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you waiting at Tomlinson lobby and they ask you go cuscaden road How?
Go straight from hotel lobby, turn RIGHT, you will be on cuscaden.

I kena 1x there, I know both sides can go to either pick up.

longjuan

Reaction score
I got one booking at Ai Tong School 100 bright Hill drive. So you will wait where? Outside the school, Inside the school or at bus stop at Sim ming Road? Note its a Sunday.

So I drove to outside the gate which is half closed. In the end the pax is not at the school but the bus stop outside the school. All these miscommunication always lead to waste of time. Some pax dun like answer phone too and you sms them they no reply. So you wanna wait and cancel and risk tio complain cos you wait at wrong area?

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got one booking at Ai Tong School 100 bright Hill drive. So you will wait where? Outside the school, Inside the school or at bus stop at Sim ming Road? Note its a Sunday.

So I drove to outside the gate which is half closed. In the end the pax is not at the school but the bus stop outside the school. All these miscommunication always lead to waste of time. Some pax dun like answer phone too and you sms them they no reply. So you wanna wait and cancel and risk tio complain cos you wait at wrong area?
These jokers don't know where they are at, so they find the 'nearest' landmark they can associate with and pin it. They don't know how to use map to drag and drop the pin instead.

For me, if it's UberX I will make a call and ask them where they are if they don't appear after 1 min. If it's UberPool, wait 2mins and cancel :p $5.40 into pocket. They can dispute, but I waited at the pin, CSO will know better than to agree I didn't wait there. Pool 2mins easiest to wait.

If I already clocked my CK, 5mins up, I cancel also, $4.80 into pocket. $4.80 can cover about 20km mileage on Smove cars.

This strongly depends on how you need the trips/fares. I make it a point that when I start the day, I always take the first trip properly regardless how idiot the person might be. It's just a do-it and feel-good thing.

There are times the user pin the condo, but never provide block, so I just wait at the generic drop-off/pick-up point.

Communication mostly work both ways, sometimes it's just the rider's problem actually, do you want to waste time with such riders? Your call.

For eg: yday I kena a 275-280 Holland Village, which was along the 'main road', I circled slowly twice (not too slow cos behind got cars). Making a call would require one more round, and as I moved, nobody flagged me. So I didn't risk it, I just cancelled the job.

Most of them are too busy with their phones and expecting concierge services (phone/sms) before they come out.

Regular riders will know where their pin will be and advise you the correct 'road' or entrance to take.

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Any tips for noob driver? Last time i touched a car was 2 yrs ago. Parking kinda sucks now though. I'm planning to drive slow & safe. But any of you guys received complaints for doing so?
Try to learn which expressway lead to where and can connect to which expressway
It benefits u alot on the road
Like bke connect to sle go woodlands, opp direction can connect to pie>aye
Or tpe go pasir ris, pie or ecp straight to airport etc etc

If u take mrt often, u should b familiar with the mrt map, can make use of it
Example u stay at tiong bahru so u are familiar with that area
If u kena a call go to clementi, based on mrt map is on the left side of tiong bahru so if u take aye, it has to be aye(tuas) and not aye(city) coz tuas is west side
But if next time ur location is at jurong and get a call going to clementi, u have to take aye(city) liao, not aye(tuas) anymore coz based on mrt map, u need to go towards east side to reach clementi
Both destinations are also clementi but sometimes u may forgot coz u stay at tiong bahru and alr used to taking aye(tuas) to clementi, its a habit
When u are more used to the road, u wont made this mistake liao

Sent from HUAWEI MATE 9 using GAGT

longjuan

Reaction score
Try to learn which expressway lead to where and can connect to which expressway
It benefits u alot on the road
Like bke connect to sle go woodlands, opp direction can connect to pie>aye
Or tpe go pasir ris, pie or ecp straight to airport etc etc

If u take mrt often, u should b familiar with the mrt map, can make use of it
Example u stay at tiong bahru so u are familiar with that area
If u kena a call go to clementi, based on mrt map is on the left side of tiong bahru so if u take aye, it has to be aye(tuas) and not aye(city) coz tuas is west side
But if next time ur location is at jurong and get a call going to clementi, u have to take aye(city) liao, not aye(tuas) anymore coz based on mrt map, u need to go towards east side to reach clementi
Both destinations are also clementi but sometimes u may forgot coz u stay at tiong bahru and alr used to taking aye(tuas) to clementi, its a habit
When u are more used to the road, u wont made this mistake liao

ZT that not always true abt the MRT map. If you kanna one at boon lay wanna go Choa Chu kang how? You move to jurong east then go up to CCk from jurong east?

leiying

Reaction score
Hello lao jiaos, need some inputs from you pros.

I been driving smove Uber for 2 weeks, my incentive package for each week is only $85 for 45 trips (max), never seen the guaranteed per hr rate incentive b4. Went to Uber HQ to ask, they say the incentive is diff for diff drivers.

So.. can you big bros pls share your incentive package for the week here? Especially for full-timers, i am interested to rent for LCR but scared not profitable.

Also, anyone know if Grab have variable incentive for diff drivers? And if the guaranteed peak hr rate is persistent or only available on selected weeks or to certain drivers?

Thanks bros!

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro EJB, is the 7k a month salary true?

Sent from OPPO F1s using GAGT
I do mostly weekends, and I take home about $1.4-1.6K monthly. Dec and Jan don't say la, cos festive ma, $2.2-2.4K (including some days take off/leave go chiong rides).

If full time, should be even better, but note I chiong 10-12 hours a day on weekends.

To get 7K, I think need to chiong the same amount of hours a day during weekdays.

If you have a family, it might not sound good, weekends I idle at home, so I decide go out make some extra cash to pay off my car loan faster. My parents don't see me much on weekends, but weekdays they get loads of me in their way of the TV :s13: :s13:

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello lao jiaos, need some inputs from you pros.

I been driving smove Uber for 2 weeks, my incentive package for each week is only $85 for 45 trips (max), never seen the guaranteed per hr rate incentive b4. Went to Uber HQ to ask, they say the incentive is diff for diff drivers.

So.. can you big bros pls share your incentive package for the week here? Especially for full-timers, i am interested to rent for LCR but scared not profitable.

Also, anyone know if Grab have variable incentive for diff drivers? And if the guaranteed peak hr rate is persistent or only available on selected weeks or to certain drivers?

Thanks bros!
You joined too late. The per hour guarantee is over since Oct '16. It's replaced by boost and mainly surge.

Smove Uber is standard cashking every week. No need compare, unless you're full-time then it differs. During the guaranteed per hour, my cashking can be 20 trips, $180. D*mn song, really.

You rent from LCR, you're tied down, you need to work EVERYDAY for hours, same as Smove, you're looking at 5-6 hours to break even (rental/petrol) before you start earning.

Unless you have other use for the car, or don't mind not earning at all. Smove is a better choice for now - till the next revision in incentives (which is always downhill).

The ping should come in the form of LCR > Smove > PhV. So LCR should always get pings first, shouldn't die from renting one, but it's heavy commitment for 6months or so?

crimsontactics

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I do mostly weekends, and I take home about $1.4-1.6K monthly. Dec and Jan don't say la, cos festive ma, $2.2-2.4K (including some days take off/leave go chiong rides).

If full time, should be even better, but note I chiong 10-12 hours a day on weekends.

To get 7K, I think need to chiong the same amount of hours a day during weekdays.

If you have a family, it might not sound good, weekends I idle at home, so I decide go out make some extra cash to pay off my car loan faster. My parents don't see me much on weekends, but weekdays they get loads of me in their way of the TV :s13: :s13:
So take home salary 7k possible! :D

Sent from OPPO F1s using GAGT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.