 Pay Discussions [Read first page for FAQ]

Kopi Gao

Reaction score
Shopped @ Uniqlo Tiong Bahru yesterday. My bill came up to be > $100. The cashier guy told me cannot pay by Apple Pay (linked to my UOB account)/Pay Wave as there is S $100 cap. He told me the cap is for security purpose.

Surprised to hear that. There is still a $100 cap limit until this day? :p

chris888222

Reaction score
How you switch from CEPAS to Bank using the GTM? I put my POSB Passion card on the GTM don't have any option other than check transaction and top up when I tried on Friday. Activated my ABT account already as well.

There should be an option to check transit payment mode when the card is placed on the reader. My card is currently set to "bank card mode".

I have a photo but not sure how to attach it to forum pages.

htc_user

Reaction score
There should be an option to check transit payment mode when the card is placed on the reader. My card is currently set to "bank card mode".

I have a photo but not sure how to attach it to forum pages.

I went to get back my refund via ATM as mine is a Debit Card and hence cancel the Netsflashpay function.

When I put the card on the GTM reader, it just says invalid card now. Previously I can still check balance / travel history.

Anyone can advice or need to wait for further instructions? Thanks.

chris888222

Reaction score
Create a Imgur account and link the account here, then attached it.
Here's what I got from the GTM.

7MPiveD.jpg

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Tomorrow morning I will go switch before tapping into MRT as I tried on Friday at the GTM at Changi Airport don't have this option "check transaction payment mode", I using POSB so first 3 rides is too as well.

Here's what I got from the GTM.

7MPiveD.jpg

lexmarq

Reaction score
Just registered for the TransitLink Account Based Ticketing. Card will be activated 3 days after receiving the confirmation email for card registration. Since the card is also added to my phone, will try to see if Apple Pay can be used for tap in and tap out.

Slavor

Reaction score
No harm trying but highly unlikely: cards added to apple pay have their own unique identifier that is different from the original CC number.

Just registered for the TransitLink Account Based Ticketing. Card will be activated 3 days after receiving the confirmation email for card registration. Since the card is also added to my phone, will try to see if Apple Pay can be used for tap in and tap out.

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just went Simei MRT and the GTM don't have the option to switch payment option. I ask the smrt staff, they say don't know. Only got check card and add value, anyone encounter this issue? Cannot even test today.

Last edited:

chris888222

Reaction score
Just went Simei MRT and the GTM don't have the option to switch payment option. I ask the smrt staff, they say don't know. Only got check card and add value, anyone encounter this issue? Cannot even test today.

Suggest u email or PM transitlink on fb. They should know how to assist.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score

ok. pls try for us :D
anyone tried to use mobile payment today can tell us the result?

today tap the mastercard physical card... the response is slower than ezlink/flashpay... need to wait around 2 secs to get green light.
account based ticketing works better with mobile payment... :D
now they keep educating the pilot testers to take out card to tap, to avoid card clash... lol... no such thing if can use apple pay or mobile payment.

Slavor

Reaction score
Tried physical card today, same response time as my EZ Link card for me.

Hopefully the trial can wrap up quickly so I can start to use apple pay 👍

today tap the mastercard physical card... the response is slower than ezlink/flashpay... need to wait around 2 secs to get green light.
now they keep educating the pilot testers to take out card to tap, to avoid card clash... lol... no such thing if can use apple pay or mobile payment.

chris888222

Reaction score

Less cards to carry around = no card clash, no worry about losing cards, just need to carry phone around.

Hopefully the pilot will support mobile payments asap!

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
just curious nowadays really got ppl take out card from wallet then tap then put back into wallet? :s11:

tec_geek

Reaction score
Tried physical card today, same response time as my EZ Link card for me.

Hopefully the trial can wrap up quickly so I can start to use apple pay 👍

Apple Pay by using Apple Watch. No need to fumble for cards or taking it out from pockets or bags.

But of course, remembering to double press on the side button before scanning at the gantries.

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Apple Pay by using Apple Watch. No need to fumble for cards or taking it out from pockets or bags.

But of course, remembering to double press on the side button before scanning at the gantries.

Yes, in Korea they can already use Samsung Pay for transport using the galaxy phones or gear S2/S3 watch to tap like 2 years ago + ATM withdraw as their ATM got NFC reader, their ATM card is inside the Samsung Pay app.

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Suggest u email or PM transitlink on fb. They should know how to assist.

I have check with them, no issue with my card registered or the ABT account as they have check with their IT support. They also don't know why the third menu of "check transit payment mode" don't show up.

They ask me to try on other GTM machines on a different MRT station and update them again. So far tested with GTM at Changi Airport and Simei MRT station, all 4 GTM never show the menu option to "check transit payment mode".

Last edited:

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just curious nowadays really got ppl take out card from wallet then tap then put back into wallet? :s11:

Me. Coz my wallet inside got some many different credit/debit cards and 5 of them got Ez-link CEPAS features, if just tap with wallet 100% got error.

Make use of Mobile Payment Solution with Apple Pay/ Samsung Pay or Android Pay, no more trouble! Waiting for the day to come!

Last edited:

lexmarq

Reaction score
Yes, in Korea they can already use Samsung Pay for transport using the galaxy phones or gear S2/S3 watch to tap like 2 years ago + ATM withdraw as their ATM got NFC reader, their ATM card is inside the Samsung Pay app.

I hope Singapore is going towards this direction as well. I know for UOB, I can already use Apple Pay to withdraw money from ATM. Once paywave/paypass becomes even more common, and Android/Apple Pay can be used for public transport, maybe that will be the day where I can leave the wallet at home.

chris888222

Reaction score
There is a slight delay using MasterCard vs ezlink from my end. Hopefully it's just a launch day glitch or bug. Using DBS Safra.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.