Play with console controller more fun or play with Keyboard and mouse?

JasonX

Reaction score
If the game is made with a controller in mind (dark souls, platformer), i'll use controller.

If its made for keyboard/mouse like fps or strategy, i'll just use kbm.

If the game is well designed for both inputs, i'll lean towards whichever gives me advantage.

quebac

Reaction score
for PC games, esp FPS, KBM for me because of precision/minute movement control and as well as it allows for more control keys/customisation, unless the game only allows gamepads. for analog stuff, gamepad of course.

Last edited:

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
If the game doesn't require too many keys, you can try a Playstation Move navigation controller (to replace WASD for easier movement) + mouse (for precision shooting) set up.

sc_large.jpg

doomed

Reaction score
I play on pc with a xbone controller. Most games on pc support both anyway so it's all personal preference.

fuzzywuzzyyy

Reaction score
Like most have said, it all depends on what games your playing.

For me if I'm gonna be playing FPS games like Overwatch and CS, I choose KBM as aiming is so much easier using a mouse. Also Mass Effect (able to map 6 abilities to hotkeys as an Adept) Plus, there is no aim assist when using a controller on PC (i think).

As for games like GTA, Dark Souls, I very much prefer to use a controller

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.