Mastercard tap in TransitLink

Knightoftheblackrose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just an update on my post below .

I have not yet carried out step 3 below.

DBS/POSB will send a reminder SMS , one per registered card, to you.
It looks like the following:

"You may now activate your POSB/DBS Mastercard Card ending xxxx at any General Ticketing Machine (located in train stations). Once activated, you can tap and go on buses/trains with Mastercard contactless! Get 100% cashback on the first 3 rides from 20 Mar - 20 Apr 2017. T&Cs apply. Visit posb.com.sg/transit for details."

If you receive this SMS, you can treat it as a confirmation from the bank.

Same here. Just got the TransitLink email.

So the latest sequence is as follows :

1. Sign up for the pilot run via your MasterCard debit/credit card's issuing bank

2. ABT Transit link will send an email to you asking you to " activate" your account.

3. TransitLink will then send to you an email asking you to go to any of the GTMs in any train station. Place your card on the reader and follow the onscreen instructions to physically activate your MasterCard.

curo

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried tapping it when the card is in your wallet? It's seems that the system cannot detect the card if something is blocking/in between. I have to take out my card and tap it directly.

Btw I'm using UOB MasterCard

invisible999

Master Member
Reaction score
WARNING - 'Bank Card Usage' does not work on buses!

Added FEVO card, got email confirmation, went to GTM, activated 'Bank Card Usage' and had no issues with a train ride.

However, couple hours later when tried to use the same card at a bus, it lit with red and got message - 'Bank card not supported'. So had to pay cash.

Had to hike to MRT station tomorrow to disable this @$*(#&*#& and switch back to Ezlink.

AnDyLe0

Reaction score
Anyone tried tapping it when the card is in your wallet? It's seems that the system cannot detect the card if something is blocking/in between. I have to take out my card and tap it directly.

Btw I'm using UOB MasterCard

no prob tapping wallet.
if previously use ezlink/flashpay inside wallet, now put mastercard at the same place should work... but need to wait 1-2 sec more.
just make sure u only have 1 contactless card inside your wallet.

curo

Master Member
Reaction score
no prob tapping wallet.
if previously use ezlink/flashpay inside wallet, now put mastercard at the same place should work... but need to wait 1-2 sec more.
just make sure u only have 1 contactless card inside your wallet.

hmm.. I was using posb cc as my ezlink. I place the card in the same location but it did not work.

My amex card was there when I was using my posb card, maybe i arrange my card again to see how.

Thanks

chuanz

Master Member
Reaction score
So I don't understand what the issue is on 3 days? When you charge to credit card today you don't expect to see it immediately on Internet Banking ya? Are you planning to validate every day whether the charges from LTA are correct?

Btw, the system is from TransitLink, not LTA.

So TransitLink have access to the gantry records and they know which card linked to your account (since you need to register), everything is within their own system. I really so not get the rationale of the three day wait. If reflect after one day I still can close one eye accept. Three days is...

It is different from the credit card charge you mentioned because then the transaction data belongs to the payment network (VISA/MasterCard/AMEX/whathaveyous) which is external from the bank.

hyperbole

Master Member
Reaction score
Added FEVO card, got email confirmation, went to GTM, activated 'Bank Card Usage' and had no issues with a train ride.

However, couple hours later when tried to use the same card at a bus, it lit with red and got message - 'Bank card not supported'. So had to pay cash.

Had to hike to MRT station tomorrow to disable this @$*(#&*#& and switch back to Ezlink.

I think it takes 3 days to activate. Check your email to see what date they say you can use it.

I just added my CIMB card and it told me I can start using 23/3/2017

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hmm.. I was using posb cc as my ezlink. I place the card in the same location but it did not work.

My amex card was there when I was using my posb card, maybe i arrange my card again to see how.

Thanks

Guess there are other cards that allow contactless payment interfering

mubz96

Master Member
Reaction score
Just an update on my post below .

I have not yet carried out step 3 below.

DBS/POSB will send a reminder SMS , one per registered card, to you.
It looks like the following:

"You may now activate your POSB/DBS Mastercard Card ending xxxx at any General Ticketing Machine (located in train stations). Once activated, you can tap and go on buses/trains with Mastercard contactless! Get 100% cashback on the first 3 rides from 20 Mar - 20 Apr 2017. T&Cs apply. Visit posb.com.sg/transit for details."

If you receive this SMS, you can treat it as a confirmation from the bank.

Is it necessary to receive the SMS reminder? I just registered my dbs Mastercard today but I didn't get the SMS msg you have regarding 1st 3 rides free. Means I'm not eligible for the promo?

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
My Manhattan card is the old one. There is no paypass function. :(

Sheet man, saw yr post and I went to check. Both my MAN cards got no paypass logo too. :look:

*edited*

I just called SCB to have new ones issued to me with paypass

Last edited:

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Guys, paypass logo is it this?

mastercard-paypass-logo.jpg

Cards with paypass behind also got the LTA logo right??
Public_Transport_System%2C_Singapore_%28logo%29.svg

This following one is just paywave, not paypass right?
contactless_indicator.jpg

This type of cards cannot tap at MRT gantry?

Knightoftheblackrose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This SMS is the last communique from the bank .

I only got it last evening.

It came after the 2 emails from TransitLink ( please see my post about steps 1-3 below ).

As long as you get the prior (*) emails from ABT TransitLink, you should be registered for the pilot and hence eligible for the free 3 trips.

(*) as in prior to the SMS.

Is it necessary to receive the SMS reminder? I just registered my dbs Mastercard today but I didn't get the SMS msg you have regarding 1st 3 rides free. Means I'm not eligible for the promo?

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it takes 3 days to activate. Check your email to see what date they say you can use it.

I just added my CIMB card and it told me I can start using 23/3/2017

No need, I added my manhattan yesterday and used it this morning.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.