[Maylyn - Networking] ASUS ROG Rapture GT-AC5300

Singapore21

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes I did. I will try again tomorrow after work. Btw according to the manual, ports 1 and 2 are gaming ports. Not too sure if it matters.

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes I did. I will try again tomorrow after work. Btw according to the manual, ports 1 and 2 are gaming ports. Not too sure if it matters.

port 1 and 2 are for gaming PCs if you wanna make use of the gaming features of the router, while port 5 and 6 are for link aggregation..

if u have no intention of using the gaming features, or no intention for gaming pc, then doesn't matter lor..

the router likely will not recognise any gaming traffic outside of port 1 and 2 if i'm not wrong. can't really confirm until i get one myself..

Singapore21

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe they should assign port 8 for Mio instead since some gamers might need ports 1 and 2.

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
Just got it from the IT show. Singtel MIO connection has been spotty. I put back my AC88U. I think I need to wait for new fw for it to be stabilized.

Keeps freezing up, sometimes loses tv signal. Can't be my home network cos everything is fine now with my ac88u. Quite a bummer, web access is fine.

I tried both. SingTel-Mio and SingTel-others. Both must connect Mio to port 1.

Maybe they should assign port 8 for Mio instead since some gamers might need ports 1 and 2.

Hi Singapore21,

Looks like there is some mis-configuration on VLAN part whereas gaming port is been assigned to LAN1 and LAN2. Even on manual settings doesn't allow to be assigned to other LAN ports.

I'm not able to replicate the issue as well, as my SingTel 10G is on HuaWei 8254 10G ONR so i can't just bridge over ..... even i have both SingTel TV/NetFlix playback on channel 404/digital voice.

Nevertheless, let me just drop an email over to ASUS TW tomorrow to take a look @ this asap to find out the cause of it and if there is any resolution. I will post the beta firmware link in this thread.

Last edited:

Jun Jun

Reaction score
Both cannot be compared on the same level. One is filled with enterprise solution while another is a gaming router. How to compare?

If u are looking at solely wifi performance, don't worry, both will give the same quality of performance.

Just curious how many wifi devices can this connect to maximum? And what about the lan speed compared to the brt ac828?:D

KoBe_4EvEr

Reaction score
I have problem getting my LAN to work.
I am currently using Singtel MiO and used the profile in Singtel - MiO, but when connected to LAN it does not even connect to the internet.

Is there something I miss out?

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
I have problem getting my LAN to work.
I am currently using Singtel MiO and used the profile in Singtel - MiO, but when connected to LAN it does not even connect to the internet.

Is there something I miss out?

Guess you are plug into LAN1 ;)

SingTel - MIO

SingTel TV ~ LAN 1
VOIP ~ LAN 2

SingTel - Others

SingTel TV ~ LAN 1

You should either populated your LAN @ (LAN2 - SingTel-Others)3/4/7/8 for Internet.

Singapore21

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi maylyn. I did a bit more troubleshooting and suspect that the Asus router app seemed to have cause the problems. Can't recall if I was trying to turn on the https login via the app as well. Am staying clear from the app for now.

maylyn

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi maylyn. I did a bit more troubleshooting and suspect that the Asus router app seemed to have cause the problems. Can't recall if I was trying to turn on the https login via the app as well. Am staying clear from the app for now.

So to say, your SingTel TV is working fine as intended via LAN1? how about your Internet?

KoBe_4EvEr

Reaction score
Guess you are plug into LAN1 ;)

SingTel - MIO

SingTel TV ~ LAN 1
VOIP ~ LAN 2

SingTel - Others

SingTel TV ~ LAN 1

You should either populated your LAN @ (LAN2 - SingTel-Others)3/4/7/8 for Internet.

Thanks for the information. I will give it a try. :)

KoBe_4EvEr

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. :)
It can be quite annoying when changing setting as it keeps rebooting the router.

Does the 10min interval disconnecting a normal thing that happen?

Last edited:

Singapore21

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. :)
It can be quite annoying when changing setting as it keeps rebooting the router.

Does the 10min interval disconnecting a normal thing that happen?

Are u using MIO? Any problems?

I've put back my A88u. All is good now, so again am sure it's the Rapture.

KoBe_4EvEr

Reaction score
Are u using MIO? Any problems?

I've put back my A88u. All is good now, so again am sure it's the Rapture.

I used both Singtel-MIO and Singtel-Others profile, the internet just screw me up big times. Having intermittent disruption until I swap back the original router from Singtel.

Rapture seems to be having an issue. :s11:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.