Uber & Grabcar driver lip lai - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

KGuanZ

Reaction score
Just curious, when will the grab incentive be paid out after you completed the week?

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Phew started my uber trip on monday from 12pm-6pm only got 8 trips. What are some prime locations i should go ah?

And during night from about 10pm i continue again, but not sure where to go except CQ. Managed to get about 4 trips there

Any gurus can offer some advice on good places for different timings? Thanks!
Mondays are mostly slow, everybody's recuperating from the blues and wallet over usage on weekend.

idiotboi89

Reaction score
Mondays are mostly slow, everybody's recuperating from the blues and wallet over usage on weekend.

Hope tuesday is better. first drive later. Think if people pay cash jialat, dont think have enough smaller change

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hope tuesday is better. first drive later. Think if people pay cash jialat, dont think have enough smaller change
You better prepare lots of loose change, 10s, 5s, 2s. Sure got some joker give $50. My largest was $100 note. If got joker give $1000, I sure drive him to police station.

Sunday fetch 4 indian nationals to Changi Ex center... gave me $50 note... zzz

You definitely need coins too. Don't forget to insert cashcard into IU. Lots of ERP today.

idiotboi89

Reaction score
You better prepare lots of loose change, 10s, 5s, 2s. Sure got some joker give $50. My largest was $100 note. If got joker give $1000, I sure drive him to police station.

Sunday fetch 4 indian nationals to Changi Ex center... gave me $50 note... zzz

You definitely need coins too. Don't forget to insert cashcard into IU. Lots of ERP today.

Any tips where i can change coins etc? Will be driving Smove from 7.45pm onwards, so will top up my ezlink card to use for the IU unit, hopefully it works. Or should i get cashcard?

If i am starting from Beauty World, any recommendations we way i should start heading first?

Last edited:

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any tips where i can change coins etc? Will be driving Smove from 7.45pm onwards, so will top up my ezlink card to use for the IU unit, hopefully it works. Or should i get cashcard?

If i am starting from Beauty World, any recommendations we way i should start heading first?
Ezlink is not widely accepted at some carparks, so is best you use cashcard. Leh chey, but safe.

I save up my coins whenever I go out, so I always have a box of change for Smoving. I can't tell you where to change unless you're near my house later, which I don't mind changing with you.

Put yourself in customers shoes, where likely you will ping for cars, there you will find pings. It works. However, everybody has their sweet locations where pings come - it's magical, but yes, it does. Find that sweet location.

For me my sweet location is always in town area. Pings always comes. That's me, my friend's sweet location is in HDB.

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro! Where could you recommend that I can go for more passengers?
Mondays? I think you might want to declare monday as rest day.

Waiting around HDB areas should get pings.

longjuan

Reaction score
Phew started my uber trip on monday from 12pm-6pm only got 8 trips. What are some prime locations i should go ah?

And during night from about 10pm i continue again, but not sure where to go except CQ. Managed to get about 4 trips there

Any gurus can offer some advice on good places for different timings? Thanks!

12-6 is off peak. Try housing estates. But at this timing the pings are abit slow. 10 onwards try town places. But abit Bo Hua to keep going back to town empty.

Try doing 4am to 10 am then 5pm to 11pm. These timing will give you much better results.

marsbarsz

Reaction score
Ezlink is not widely accepted at some carparks, so is best you use cashcard. Leh chey, but safe.

I save up my coins whenever I go out, so I always have a box of change for Smoving. I can't tell you where to change unless you're near my house later, which I don't mind changing with you.

Put yourself in customers shoes, where likely you will ping for cars, there you will find pings. It works. However, everybody has their sweet locations where pings come - it's magical, but yes, it does. Find that sweet location.

For me my sweet location is always in town area. Pings always comes. That's me, my friend's sweet location is in HDB.

Mondays? I think you might want to declare monday as rest day.

Waiting around HDB areas should get pings.

12-6 is off peak. Try housing estates. But at this timing the pings are abit slow. 10 onwards try town places. But abit Bo Hua to keep going back to town empty.

Try doing 4am to 10 am then 5pm to 11pm. These timing will give you much better results.

Wow these are really very useful tips that all drivers should know. Appreciate all the help bros!

And oh ya. One more query. If passenger cancel the booking, my acceptance rate will also be affected? Then wouldnt this be unfair for drivers as we didn't cancel it at all

longjuan

Reaction score
Wow these are really very useful tips that all drivers should know. Appreciate all the help bros!

And oh ya. One more query. If passenger cancel the booking, my acceptance rate will also be affected? Then wouldnt this be unfair for drivers as we didn't cancel it at all

Acceptance rate wont be affected if your passenger cancel or you cancel. Acceptance rate will drop if you dun accept when job come in.

longjuan

Reaction score

Beauty world go bukit timah road till u reach Stevens then orchard. Or go straight further to little india.
No right No wrong. Only luck needed for pings .

You can go hillview or bukit batok or clementi also. But the recommended is the top one. Down bukit timah. Chances more.

Last edited:

idiotboi89

Reaction score

Thank you for the advice. Which area will you be in?

Beauty world go bukit timah road till u reach Stevens then orchard. Or go straight further to little india.
No right No wrong. Only luck needed for pings .

Will use my luck then :D

EJB

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

These are info your referrer should have imparted to you leh :|

There are a few factors when it comes to 'rates'.

Acceptance Rates - the jobs you accepted
Completed Rate - the jobs you accepted AND completed
Cancellation Rate - the jobs you CANCELLED AFTER accepting.

Nong nong time ago, Sep 16, all 3 are cash king/incentive criterias, now only AR is the important criteria.

For Uber, cancelling is a norm after UberPoo 2mins and UberX 5mins. Users will cancel if you're likely near them but completing a trip and they don't want to wait... kena many times, zzz.

jury_pack

Master Member
Reaction score
Mondays are the best days to drive, all still lazy and having Monday blues, lazy to take public transport, wed is always the worst, most on mc etc. Thurs and Fri is good, but only need worry those who drink.

WindJammer

Reaction score
Check with you bros on the GPS stuff. Not sure if you all know about this.
Grab app + Google Map

1) If you purely open the google map app and enter a route, say point A to point B, Google will usually provide you 3 options, either taking longer/shorter route or longer/shorter travel time. You can see the comparison by selecting the route.

2) If you use the Google map in app the Grab app, basically there is only 1 route given by the google map.

Can you confirm if #2 is correct or any button to hit on the grab app so that user can also choose better route options in the grab app??

sorry for my poor engrish :s22::s22:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.