7th Generation iPad Discussions

PetPet

Reaction score
Apple releases new iPad

ipad_large.jpg

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To be fair, it looks disappointing to power users, but for people who don't have an (recent) iPad, budget users and those in education sector, this may be the sweet spot for them

shawn_sboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Disappointing.. really I holding on my iPad Air and wanting to upgrade to the next pro. So basically got to wait another year or so.

shawn_sboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
To be fair, it looks disappointing to power users, but for people who don't have an (recent) iPad, budget users and those in education sector, this may be the sweet spot for them

However I agree with you. The price point is good and it will kill many tablet brands out there.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Disappointing.. really I holding on my iPad Air and wanting to upgrade to the next pro. So basically got to wait another year or so.

It's not disappointing at all given the specs. This iPad is not for everyone but for people who wants to own an iPad and people who has no needs for super specs.

New and higher end iPad(s) is/are still expected to launch this year.

shawn_sboi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It's not disappointing at all given the specs. This iPad is not for everyone but for people who wants to own an iPad and people who has no needs for super specs.

New and higher end iPad(s) is/are still expected to launch this year.

Yea i agreed to this point too. Let's hope a newer end iPad will come out

Fellowes

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

That right! It time for me to upgrade from my iPad Air to this new iPad, i no need the best spec as i just use it for basic stuff like reading lecture notes, watch video only and some games. A brighter 9.7" retina display, from A7 CPU to A9 CPU is a good upgrade as the iPad air (initial with iOS 7) with latest iOS 10 is really slowing down. Apple use the iPad Air chassis for this new iPad (no more side silent switch) but same dimension and weight.

Apple ecosystem and the quality of optimized iPad Apps is the clear winner here!

Last edited:

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$698 for 32gb wifi + LTE
$848 for 128gb wifi + LTE

Cheap meh? 2nd hand iPad Pro 9.7" 128 GB LTE is $900. Seems like a more sweet spot

Last edited:

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Future plan for Apple:

1. Normal: 8" iPad mini, 9.7" iPad

2. Pro series: 10.5" iPad Pro, 12.9" iPad Pro

I doubt 8" iPad mini will have pro version. Don't really make sense. Always feel 9.7" is a bit small for pro series. Hehe!

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
However I agree with you. The price point is good and it will kill many tablet brands out there.

I think there's a place for the other brands, for instance, those who are already entrenched into the Android ecosystem

That right! It time for me to upgrade from my iPad Air to this new iPad, i no need the best spec as i just use it for basic stuff like reading lecture notes, watch video only and some games. A brighter 9.7" retina display, from A7 CPU to A9 CPU is a good upgrade as the iPad air (initial with iOS 7) with latest iOS 10 is really slowing down. Apple use the iPad Air chassis for this new iPad (no more side silent switch) but same dimension and weight.

Apple ecosystem and the quality of optimized iPad Apps is the clear winner here!

Nice! Just make sure your games are those high intensive games and you should be fine given that this iPad is an Air 2 with better processor and no anti glare coating.

$698 for 32gb wifi + LTE
$848 for 128gb wifi + LTE

Cheap meh? 2nd hand iPad Pro 9.7" 128 GB LTE is $900. Seems like a more sweet spot

Not everyone like 2nd hand Apple stuff mah (especially cos you cannot get AppleCare+ with them), but yes, the 2nd hand market is a viable option

Future plan for Apple:

1. Normal: 8" iPad mini, 9.7" iPad

2. Pro series: 10.5" iPad Pro, 12.9" iPad Pro

I doubt 8" iPad mini will have pro version. Don't really make sense. Always feel 9.7" is a bit small for pro series. Hehe!

I already feel 9.7" too small liao, Pro or not :s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.