Hello AMD RYZEN! 8 cores 16 threads is here.

Ferolare

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
those on 6700K OC must be going..

"lucky they never notice me~ :s34:"

also, this:

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why you expose my lower price:perf ratio :s34:

Sounds like Linus took in too much helium from the 1 petabyte backup video would rather look at more useful content :crazy:

jnashville

Banned
Reaction score
Why u all keep comparing 7700k to ryzen 7? Both are catered for different segments.

Ryzen 7 is like 8 toyotas that can carry multiple people whereas 7700k is like 4 ferraris. Carry lesser people but fast when you need it. ^_^

bobozhang137

Reaction score
not sure if off topic. but anyone here can advise if i should get ryzen 7 1700 or wait for ryzen 5 1600x.

I do both content creation and gaming but i tend to lean more towards gaming.
I have a i5 7600k right now but i believe both ryzen choices will be better than the 7600k as im using a 1440p monitor.

jnashville

Banned
Reaction score
not sure if off topic. but anyone here can advise if i should get ryzen 7 1700 or wait for ryzen 5 1600x.

I have a i5 7600k right now but i believe both ryzen choices will be better than the 7600k as im using a 1440p monitor.

Just stay with what u have. U have been sucked into the temptation of upgrading lol..

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why u all keep comparing 7700k to ryzen 7? Both are catered for different segments.

Ryzen 7 is like 8 toyotas that can carry multiple people whereas 7700k is like 4 ferraris. Carry lesser people but fast when you need it. ^_^

Need to be more specific,
Ryzen is like Toyota carry 8 person and could travel on normal city road (1080p) at 60km/h and i7 7700k is like Ferrari carry 4 person and travel in normal city road at 80km/h.

But when on the highway (4k gaming), Toyota can travel at 120km/h and Ferrari can do 121km/h...Then so much for a Ferrari can do on a highway. Lol

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This is not off topic but depends on who reply you.
I'd say go for Ryzen if you do both. Not the faster better cheaper i7 7700k ftw version.

Ferolare

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

OC your 76K

Happy with performance? Stick with it

Else, bait for wrenchmark then try to arrive at a conclusion on your own. The moment you second guess yourself is the moment you realise that you should've purchased (the other processor in your consideration list)

bobozhang137

Reaction score
OC your 76K

Happy with performance? Stick with it

Else, bait for wrenchmark then try to arrive at a conclusion on your own. The moment you second guess yourself is the moment you realise that you should've purchased (the other processor in your consideration list)

This is not off topic but depends on who reply you.
I'd say go for Ryzen if you do both. Not the faster better cheaper i7 7700k ftw version.

Just stay with what u have. U have been sucked into the temptation of upgrading lol..

thanks for replying guys. The thing is im actually oc'ing my 7600k at 4.6ghz. im okay with it if im purely just gaming. But i find it lacking when im doing multiple tasks while gaming. Like maybe streaming or even opening tabs on my 2nd monitor while playing intensive games(theres this weird stuttering that i cannot explain). Rendering is fine cause when i render my videos i don't game while rendering.

Im just wondering if getting a ryzen would remove that weird stutter when i multitask since a 1600x would be the same price as my 7600k.

Ferolare

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks for replying guys. The thing is im actually oc'ing my 7600k at 4.6ghz. im okay with it if im purely just gaming. But i find it lacking when im doing multiple tasks while gaming. Like maybe streaming or even opening tabs on my 2nd monitor while playing intensive games(theres this weird stuttering that i cannot explain). Rendering is fine cause when i render my videos i don't game while rendering.

Im just wondering if getting a ryzen would remove that weird stutter when i multitask since a 1600x would be the same price as my 7600k.

Bear in mind though

Going for Ryzen means that you'll need to buy a mobo too

That additional cost will/should make 77K more ideal as an upgrade

Streaming-wise, if you're going to use x264 (software), then Ryzen would be "better" since you'll get 2 more cores to play with. However, if you're using QS/NVENC/VCE, then CPU choice becomes irrelevant.

As for the stutter, my guess is that you're hitting the limit of 4c4t cpu. The only way is up from here on.

Last edited:

KWSW

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Initial impression with multitasking aka play game run Spotify compute small thing on the side and open office excel while game runs in background is good. Can feel (yes it's subjective with no hard benchmarks) that it's smooth and faster esp unzipping something all at the same time.

Ferolare

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Heng I don't subscribe to feeling=fact

My truth is that the MMO I play needs at least 4c8t to avoid cpu bottleneck in high player density zone :s13:

concept_fuel

Reaction score
Heng I don't subscribe to feeling=fact

My truth is that the MMO I play needs at least 4c8t to avoid cpu bottleneck in high player density zone :s13:

It's a fact, unzipping files is a whole lot faster on ryzen R7s.
9d2Z6SV.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.