Horizon Zero Dawn

qwertified

Reaction score
Objectively i would give 9/10 for what it is. Subjectively, i alrdy put the game one side for now and play nier automata. Nothing wrong with the game, i just tend to lose interest in open world games rather quickily, too many things to do. I did the same for witcher 3 and fallout 4 last time.

tidiii

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i hit lvl 39 in my 50% completion, already feel quite invincible,

go fight 2 corrupted thunderjaw at once....u level 50 also will tio pwn..

Switch = Zelda

PS4 = Horizon

horizon is so much more chio than zelda...ofc zelda has a different art style which makes it look more boring and bland and the switch is not as powerful as the ps4...

but still talking about graphics objectively comparing the 2 games and not the system it is on or the art style...

Objectively i would give 9/10 for what it is. Subjectively, i alrdy put the game one side for now and play nier automata. Nothing wrong with the game, i just tend to lose interest in open world games rather quickily, too many things to do. I did the same for witcher 3 and fallout 4 last time.

like that subjectively every game is bad cus new game will always hold yr interest unless it is too short tt u complete it within a short time

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
My few minor nickpits about HZD are in the UI. There are a couple they could have improved:

- When in the menu, you have to drill down many layers, and yet the game doesn't let you move among groups in the same layer. You have to go back up a layer, select the next, then drill down again. For example, crafting menu, down to ammo menu, then there is one group for each weapon category. Drill down to say hunting bow ammo, there are some specific types, you can craft among these types easily. But if you want to go on to say sharpshooter bow ammo, you have to go back up a layer, select that group, go back down again. In most games, there will be a L2/R2 to flip between groups directly. Quite inconvenient here.

- When you place a custom waypoint, let's say somewhere northeast of your current position, the game doesn't just point you to the location directly. Instead it's very friendly and places a marker for some 100m from where you are, once you reach there, it with show the next 100m (or whatever) marker, and so on. It leads you to your destination through multiple hops. This is good but the problem is it will lead you there via main roads/paths, which may have you going north then turning east, instead of going straight directly in the northeast, straight line between 2 points (assuming there is no major obstacle preventing that). It does not place a waypoint marker on the compass bar at the top for you to get your bearing, if you choice to go directly in a straight line. I find myself constantly opening the big map cos the confusing connect-the-dots marker often points me in a direction I am sure is 'wrong'.

- I often have treasure boxes that I couldn't take everything out becos certain items, like health potion, is full in my inventory. Those boxes will remain in inventory with the remaining items. It would be good if it can automatically take the remaining items out for me when I use that item. Like when I use a health potion, and I have a box with one health potion inside, just automatically take it out for me and remove the box.

- Cannot adjust camera sensitivity. I find the default is ok but when in focus mode, panning around is way too slow. I understand that moving Aloy when in focus may be intentionally slow, panning the camera shouldn't be.

Maybe I am just missing something that's already there in the game but anyway I only found some UI related areas with room for improvement. Otherwise this game is solid gold (granted I am still a long long way from completing it).

Last edited:

shin7829

Reaction score
50hours clocked still enjoying
60%+++ completion

Some conversation are quite funny and nice
I love the climate and day night changes
Also the landscape alot. The details of waterfall rivers etc is very epic

Last edited:

tidiii

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jus finished the game

hope i got all allies achievement..i finished most of the side quests...
surprisingly i only needed 6 more skill points to max out the skill tree, missing 2 hunting ground (cant find LOL)

with the sylens spear, almost all humanoid is 1 strong hit kill..
bosses 3 precision arrows stack x2 shot is can kill if hit head...
the deathbringer also v ez, jus wait for it to open...then shoot..

with ultraweave, u can stand still and u wun even get hurt from the rocket and minigun

hzd and yakuza 0, best games on the ps4 for me no competition
only thing yakuza 0 sometimes v frustrating until u unlock the ultimate style, then combat become v fun

hopefully persona 5 also v nice

Last edited:

qwertified

Reaction score
like that subjectively every game is bad cus new game will always hold yr interest unless it is too short tt u complete it within a short time

I dun fully understand your statement but its true that i prefer shorter games nowadays, although there are longer games that hold my interest all the way from start to finish, a recent example is nioh. That game i spent abt 90 hrs to get platinum, way more than what was supposedly required to get platinum for horizon, and i finished it in 2 weeks before horizon is released. I suppose it has to do with certain aspects of game design that is to my preference, not necessarily challenge cause till now i still havent finish dark souls 3.

Last edited:

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I dun fully understand your statement but its true that i prefer shorter games nowadays, although there are longer games that hold my interest all the way from start to finish, a recent example is nioh. That game i spent abt 90 hrs to get platinum, way more than what was supposedly required for horizon, and i finished it in 2 weeks before horizon is released. I suppose it has to do with certain aspects of game design that is to my preference, not necessarily challenge cause till now i still havent finish dark souls 3.

i don't understand myself too :s13:

i bought horizon and play let it die instead lol...

i prefer titanfall over BF1

now i'm playing a mixed reviewed MEA, my fav DS3 and gorgeous uncharted campaign, captivating last guradian plus critically acclaimed horizon collecting dust now lol...

Last edited:

shin7829

Reaction score
i don't understand myself too :s13:

i bought horizon and play let it die instead lol...

i prefer titanfall over BF1

now i'm playing a mixed reviewed MEA, my fav DS3 and gorgeous uncharted campaign, captivating last guradian plus critically acclaimed horizon collecting dust now lol...

No matter how good a game is,when its very big open world ,even with massive contents sometimes is unable to hold and sustain ppl playing cause its too overwhelming

Same goes for kingdom of amalur,dragon age ,red dead redemption, gta 5.

Its not say all or some of them sucks.

Horizon also same
Its really a good game but its not necessarily true that it can hold all players non stop playing

I like the game too yet I need to force myself to play it
Its not say that the story is bad or game play sucks. Its a good game however still fall under the curse of open world game.

Though I think horizon is alot more better than gta v in holding players. High chance goty liao

qwertified

Reaction score
No matter how good a game is,when its very big open world ,even with massive contents sometimes is unable to hold and sustain ppl playing cause its too overwhelming

Horizon also same
Its really a good game but its not necessarily true that it can hold all players non stop playing

Its not say that the story is bad or game play sucks. Its a good game however still fall under the curse of open world game.

Though I think horizon is alot more better than gta v in holding players. High chance goty liao

Yeah as an open world game its among the best out there already, hence objectively i would give 9/10. If i really have to nitpick, i would say the soundtrack is not bad but not as good as the competition, i.e. nier automata lol.

kiryu86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
go fight 2 corrupted thunderjaw at once....u level 50 also will tio pwn..

horizon is so much more chio than zelda...ofc zelda has a different art style which makes it look more boring and bland and the switch is not as powerful as the ps4...

but still talking about graphics objectively comparing the 2 games and not the system it is on or the art style...

never tio pwn at all, i fought 2 thunderjaw and a few small frys all around.

using explosive like blast and sticky bomb is the best way to kill them fast, need alot of blaze to keep crafting for bomb tho..

and always stock up full health potion, its an easy win.

the harder one would be the giant fish that can dive inside the ground and drill up at where u station, thats one quite hard to win.

but overall the most annoying machine is glinthawk. knn, sometimes 5-6 of them attacking at once, keep pewing ice down, then so hard to aim, even with concentration+ oso quite hard to aim. need to triplet fire arrow shoot them down to ground then use normal arrow to keep shooting them from far when they are down at ground to kill them, running toward them n try to critical stab usually not enough time, they get up really fast, unless they drop infront of u.

kiryu86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Horizon also same

too much open world game, feels very fatigue sometimes, sometimes its better to play some easy game like odin sphere to take a short break from all this open world rpg.

just hack n slash n kill.

shin7829

Reaction score
Some of the conversation is really very well crafted . Especially those that u need to choose.
The way aloy reacted are priceless

Platinum liao
Shall not review any storyline spoilers

Game review
Story 9/10
Very nice .

Game play 9/10
all is good. However skill sets are abit boring. Equipment stats and tier differentiation can be improved for sure. Appreciate the outfit change appearance change effect.

Soundtrack 7/10
Not too bad. Quite fitting the storyline and etc. Definitely can be improved

Scenery/landscape/environment 10/10
They really make it so details that I think is perfect. Snow land , dessert, forest.
Details of waterfall, river, rain,sandstorm,snow,day,night

This really is another game that has surpass amalur the reckoning in terms of landscape details !

Sometimes other than playing the game I was admiring the scenery from top of mountain or , or viewing rivers ,sun on the water, waterfall etc

Game difficulty is good
Enemy AI is really quite intelligent

Dont try to get the ultimate armor early
Get it during late game better.Preferably before looming shadow. Just so it will not spoil the game challenge.

If they do make part2 hope it will be better

Last edited:

God Of Pcc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This game nicer than witcher 3 or not,might consider buying after i finish all the yakuza series

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.