Mastercard tap in TransitLink

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Does your SCB MAN card come with the paywave symbol ?

Originally the old card dun have one. Then Mon i called to ask for new one wif paypass, ytd the cc came, I faster added to transit link a/c
This morning i tried tapping at mrt gantry, the gantry doors opened :o

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Btw, there r 2 MAN cards - the old MAN WORLD and the (current) MAN plat.

i asked for new cards of both. Only the new MAN plat got the contactless symbol.

jtv_tm

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
cause its visa..........

Nope. Both are MasterCard. Somemore my Rewards Card is a new renewed card which I've been using.

Nah will stick with my FEVO since I've successfully registered the card.

dreamyboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried today for the first time. Worked for the MRT trip but failed when transferred to bus.

Knightoftheblackrose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So far I have been successful with my MRT trips.

My theory is that there must be communication between the payment terminal and MasterCard.

On a moving vehicle out on the road, there could be a breakdown in communication, hence it might not work.

I'll be testing and trying to get my final free trip on a public bus tomorrow. But I will have my EZ-Link card on standby.

Tried today for the first time. Worked for the MRT trip but failed when transferred to bus.

jackieatbtu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My dbs woman card also no news after registering. Is posb/dbs free three rides promo
Over already? Or should I register other card now?

radioshack

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i notice not alot of people using this mode of payment..just hope i am one of the few to win the 80 dollar rebate

more3cm

Reaction score
im using the scb unlimited cash card, registered at abt site, received confirmation email, went to GTM but when i place on the system, it doesnt show any option for me to switch to Use Back, instead the normal selection screen with the options "Add Value" "Activate Ez Reload" "Check Card" is shown. i tried to tap into mrt, it shows "insufficient value".

Same card,and exactly the same problem. May be gotta activate ezlink first for which I'm still waiting for the code.

I switched my everyday card to bank mode without any issue

Knightoftheblackrose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I confirm that my POSB EVERDAY MC works on an SBS bus! :)

I just used it this morning for my final ( FREE!!) trip and it shows " Bank Mode".

This is really convenient coz I already have auto GIRO payments in place for my credit cards.

I shall keep my EZ link card on standby for now but eventually I shall return it for a full refund.
I am going to stick to "Bank Mode" only when this is officially rolled out. By then, I expect all the bugs to have been ironed out.

Is it normal if it works for MRT but not for BUS

haydentan

Reaction score

Could it be the bus card reader? I encountered this on my first bus trip. Subsequently I used it for mrt and bus trips. No issue encountered till now

Adi Dassler

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"Get $10 cashback* each month when you spend a monthly minimum of $10 on public bus and train rides with your eligible Standard Chartered Mastercard® Contactless Credit Card. Limited to $30 cashback per cardholder."

Is it applicable for sup card holders?

Wow free money! :eek:

heng_ah

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I confirm that my POSB EVERDAY MC works on an SBS bus! :)

I just used it this morning for my final ( FREE!!) trip and it shows " Bank Mode".

This is really convenient coz I already have auto GIRO payments in place for my credit cards.

I shall keep my EZ link card on standby for now but eventually I shall return it for a full refund.
I am going to stick to "Bank Mode" only when this is officially rolled out. By then, I expect all the bugs to have been ironed out.

I took mrt, then tranfer to bus thrice.

In the ABT website, the final fare listed only mrt and transfer to bus once.

I encountered a bug, but I am not complaining. :D

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.