[OFFICIAL] Taiwan Guide and Taiwan related matters - Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My one meal for 3 is closed to 1.4k for lunch.
So i think it will be a good gauge from there.
It was a good teppanyaki, not the 大埔鐵板燒。

If every meal eat like that $50/day not enough.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Taichung must eat their 炒面 with their Chilli sauce, usually sold during breakfast time.

twosix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

shirlin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

greenpeacookies

Reaction score
Hi all! I'm going to Taipei + Khh from 15 apr to 22 apr (just booked tix with scoot promo this morning), how would the weather be ah? T-shirt and shirts ok or need jeans? thanks!

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I'm going to Taipei + Khh from 15 apr to 22 apr (just booked tix with scoot promo this morning), how would the weather be ah? T-shirt and shirts ok or need jeans? thanks!

Sounds like a good combination.
As of now, there are some rain, so for that period, should be okay, keeping fingers crossed.
Bring a rain jacket just in case.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This is my first night in Taichung. It is rather cooling even in the afternoon, at night the temperature goes lower than 19 degree. I must say it's pretty shiok

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A3010 using GAGT

After 3pm it will get cold.
It's perhaps noon that it will be hot.
Super hot.

greenpeacookies

Reaction score
Anyone got itinery to share for Kaosihung? Alr googled a few lol

I’ll be in Khh for 2-3 days coming Apr. Right now I have these planned:
First day:
Reaching Khh via HSR from Tpe, reaching around 2.30pm. Have lunch on train.
Check in hotel.
Cijin island around 4pm to 8pm. Have street food and a light seafood meal.
Head to Liuhe night market at night.

Second day:
Fo guang shan. Huge place. Will be there till 3pm.
Shinkuchan. (MUST try the Angel fried chicken 天使鸡排 – tried it a year ago and it’s the best ever)
Ruifeng night market.

Third day:
Dream mall (there’s a ferris wheel – might take it if it isn’t too sunny in the morning)
Shinkong mitsukoshi mall to get food souvenirs back – there is a supermarket and you can find almost everything you need there e.g. they carry Chia Te food. Of course not as extensive as if you were to visit the actual Chia Te store but it’s good enough for me. They have pineapple tarts, sun cake, green bean pastry etc.
Back to shinkuchan for last min shopping (near hotel)
And I’ll be leaving at 4.30pm for the airport.

I’ve been to Khh a few times and have visited quite a number of places, and the places that I’m gonna revisit are my favourite + worth to go. Pls pls try 天使鸡排! ‘Like’ them on Facebook to get 10% (if I rmb correctly) off hahaha.

xorionn

Reaction score
I’ll be in Khh for 2-3 days coming Apr. Right now I have these planned:
First day:
Reaching Khh via HSR from Tpe, reaching around 2.30pm. Have lunch on train.
Check in hotel.
Cijin island around 4pm to 8pm. Have street food and a light seafood meal.
Head to Liuhe night market at night.

Second day:
Fo guang shan. Huge place. Will be there till 3pm.
Shinkuchan. (MUST try the Angel fried chicken 天使鸡排 – tried it a year ago and it’s the best ever)
Ruifeng night market.

Third day:
Dream mall (there’s a ferris wheel – might take it if it isn’t too sunny in the morning)
Shinkong mitsukoshi mall to get food souvenirs back – there is a supermarket and you can find almost everything you need there e.g. they carry Chia Te food. Of course not as extensive as if you were to visit the actual Chia Te store but it’s good enough for me. They have pineapple tarts, sun cake, green bean pastry etc.
Back to shinkuchan for last min shopping (near hotel)
And I’ll be leaving at 4.30pm for the airport.

I’ve been to Khh a few times and have visited quite a number of places, and the places that I’m gonna revisit are my favourite + worth to go. Pls pls try 天使鸡排! ‘Like’ them on Facebook to get 10% (if I rmb correctly) off hahaha.

Will try these, thanks man!

Its my first time in KHH and have 6 full days there. My last trip was to Taipei... Do u think I have time to drop by Taipei for 1 day? Can see most of KHH in 4-5 days?

greenpeacookies

Reaction score
Will try these, thanks man!

Its my first time in KHH and have 6 full days there. My last trip was to Taipei... Do u think I have time to drop by Taipei for 1 day? Can see most of KHH in 4-5 days?

Oh.. I'm having 8d7n and am spending only 3d2n in Khh haha. (My family is joining me for 5d4n and spending 3d2n in Khh.) I think if you're going Tpe for 1 day, it might be a bit rushed cause the HSR 1 way is already 1.5h - 2h. But if you can take the earliest + latest train that would be a full day, you can still do quite many things:

1. Zhongshan district, Ximending, Longshan temple, CKS memorial hall, Yong Kang street, Ningxia night market - all rather nearby
2. Jiufen + Shifen + keelung night market (or don't go Keelung and go Taipei 101 + raohe night market)
3. Somewhere + Tamsui + shilin night market

Just some suggestions cause I dont know how long you want to spend at each area. And if you haven't book your accom for Khh, maybe you wanna spend 2d1n or 3d2n in Tpe instead.

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Find it a waste of time and money to traverse just for a few days. Transport not cheap unless you are taking the bus. So advise to plan another trip ba.

FreshGradDays

Reaction score
Wont advise khh plus tpe trip since damn far away. Khh 2 way ticket less than $200 during scoot promotion. Hsr fee already $100 two way from taipei. Makes more sense to concentrate on either north or south taiwan trip

calkel20

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wont advise khh plus tpe trip since damn far away. Khh 2 way ticket less than $200 during scoot promotion. Hsr fee already $100 two way from taipei. Makes more sense to concentrate on either north or south taiwan trip

Did u grab the sq tix for tpe-sg-tpe for 7988?
Can fly more often and earn mileage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.