Xiaomi TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkhorse01

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new and a noob to the Mi TV setup. I shipped a MiTV2 48' using Ezbuy and everything went well so far, set is in good condition and working. The set is on version 1.2.28, upgradable to 1.3.8. I just want to do 2 (I think) simple things, hope to get some advice. Can't seem to find much info as the discussions are on advanced stuff:

1. Change to English setting -
I understand that can use Shafa to change to English setting. Should I do it on the current 1.2.28 version or upgrade to 1.3.8 first? Any particular version of Shafa I should use or is there a better app anyone would recommend?

2. Install YouTube
Would like to have this installed? Have to side load?

I'm thinking of not rooting if possible for the above, not confident and worried about bricking the set.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

Little_orc

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new and a noob to the Mi TV setup. I shipped a MiTV2 48' using Ezbuy and everything went well so far, set is in good condition and working. The set is on version 1.2.28, upgradable to 1.3.8. I just want to do 2 (I think) simple things, hope to get some advice. Can't seem to find much info as the discussions are on advanced stuff:

1. Change to English setting -
I understand that can use Shafa to change to English setting. Should I do it on the current 1.2.28 version or upgrade to 1.3.8 first? Any particular version of Shafa I should use or is there a better app anyone would recommend?

2. Install YouTube
Would like to have this installed? Have to side load?

I'm thinking of not rooting if possible for the above, not confident and worried about bricking the set.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

would you mind to share how much you bought including the shipping?

Lao Uncle

Master Member
Reaction score
Got a mitv3 60", laying around for sometime as house still renovating. Today turn on TV and it goes to blue screen, with MiTv logo, looks like it updating and halfway, turn black again.

Retry and restart few times but same thing. Plug in Lan cable also same thing. Try to safe reboot with home and menu button but doesn't go into recovery mode.

Mine is with sound bar and only cable link to mitv3 is the mi cable.

Any help appreciated.

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

Lao Uncle

Master Member
Reaction score
c0nY6p7l.jpg

Been rebooting for 1 hour. Safe boot by holding menu and home doesn't work.

launm88

Reaction score
c0nY6p7l.jpg

Been rebooting for 1 hour. Safe boot by holding menu and home doesn't work.

check your remote control..
there are 2 types 1) BT remote 2) IR remote

Pressing Home + Menu on BT remote is to pair the remote to mitv
Pressing Home + Menu on IR remote can get you into recovery mode

I have the mitv2 49" using BT remote, I bought the IR remote to get into recovery mode.

cheers

Darkhorse01

Reaction score
would you mind to share how much you bought including the shipping?

Shipped it in via Ezbuy including wooden frame protection for about $490? Can't quite remember but less than $500.

So far so good. Everything works, I think it was worth it to pay for some extra protection.

Managed to use Shafa Market+launcher to change some settings to English. There's a lot of content online but some cannot be accessed due to copyright issues etc, I think the region we are in.

Lao Uncle

Master Member
Reaction score
check your remote control..
there are 2 types 1) BT remote 2) IR remote

Pressing Home + Menu on BT remote is to pair the remote to mitv
Pressing Home + Menu on IR remote can get you into recovery mode

I have the mitv2 49" using BT remote, I bought the IR remote to get into recovery mode.

cheers
Thanks. Seem like mine is BT remote. Have to get a IR remote then. Stuck with a TV that cannot watch. Haha

launm88

Reaction score
Hi,

I just received my xiaomi tv 3S 65". Anyone can share with me how to change the language to english? been googling around and only can find a tutorial for Xiaomi TV3 only. is the tutorial applicable to 3S models?

THis is the tutorial i found
http://en.miui.com/thread-226320-1-1.html

thanks

I used this apk - Domo setting ....easy if you are an android user

h ttps://www.facebook.com/groups/tvboxsg/416265268550908/

cheers

limbs03

Reaction score
Hi

I have a mitv3 55" and mitv3s 48", recently both were automatically updated to the new software with the new interface.

I must say that the new interface is really lousy, I cannot customize the placement of my app icons and they are all over the place!

But the worst thing is recently xiaomi started pushing advertisements on startup/power down/app start, etc....... and I cannot find a way to disable them!

Anyone can advise?

TIA

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi

I have a mitv3 55" and mitv3s 48", recently both were automatically updated to the new software with the new interface.

I must say that the new interface is really lousy, I cannot customize the placement of my app icons and they are all over the place!

But the worst thing is recently xiaomi started pushing advertisements on startup/power down/app start, etc....... and I cannot find a way to disable them!

Anyone can advise?

TIA

This is Xiaomi's revenue model.

They just need to tell any brands :

I got say 2 million Mi TV sold. So whatever you advertise with me, I'll guarantee you at least 2 million eyeballs on your ads.

Just charge $1/eyeballs/day, ho say liao.

limbs03

Reaction score
yeah I understand that, just letting out some steam nia :)
plus I dont like the fact that they are doing so much stuff under the hood without my knowledge -_-"
but the mi tvs are still a great value for their price, no doubt abt it

launm88

Reaction score
Hi

Anyone can advise?

TIA

there is a limited sorting method for your apps.
I have 48" mitv3s...Ver 1.3.8
Goto your apps main page, at the upper right corner ,
you will see SORT - DELETE

select SORT.....
-- The 1st app will blink, use the remote to select the app you want and press OK, this selected app will be moved to the uppermost left position.
I select the apps I want to be in the upper 3 rows

cheers

PS... Hate the xiaomi ads...

ronnie81

Reaction score
Mi TV 4A model

Anyone know the difference between the latest 4A model and the older 3S? I try looking at the comparison table it seem 4A quality is inferior to 3S but much cheaper. I been tempted to get the xiaomi TV for its low price but the opening ads thingy is putting me off. Is there any way to get rid of them?

i1magic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the difference between the latest 4A model and the older 3S? I try looking at the comparison table it seem 4A quality is inferior to 3S but much cheaper. I been tempted to get the xiaomi TV for its low price but the opening ads thingy is putting me off. Is there any way to get rid of them?

You mean Mi TV 3S specs is better than Mi TV 4A?

No, can't get rid of the ads. It is part of the package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.