home karaoke

kurtgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello,

was wondering if anyone owns a home karaoke system?

currently, I have 2 sound bar and woofer but seriously in need on a system to allow singing to be done.

In the past, I used an app call K ge zhi wang but realised it's lagging badly and have tried a few others.

or I should just invest in those Qoo10 karaoke system?
not cheap, cost around $400-$500.

goodlife101

Reaction score
You can go to Hin Huat at Sim Lim Square and check out the equipment. They are having very good clearance sales but all items are old models but new in a box. Basically karoake requires analogue equipment. I bought the Karastar from QOO10 which houses more than 10000 songs but the sound quality is not that good from the box but image quality is quite good. Bought a mixer from Hin Huat which help to improve sound quality and reduce the mic sound feedback during singing.

kurtgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
You can go to Hin Huat at Sim Lim Square and check out the equipment. They are having very good clearance sales but all items are old models but new in a box. Basically karoake requires analogue equipment. I bought the Karastar from QOO10 which houses more than 10000 songs but the sound quality is not that good from the box but image quality is quite good. Bought a mixer from Hin Huat which help to improve sound quality and reduce the mic sound feedback during singing.

thanks for sharing.
how much do you spend for all these?

currently, I have 2 sound bar, 1 from ac ryan moment.
hence, for now, my sound system is still suffice to meet our expectation.

what I'm lacking is the program that allows karaoke,
I tried to find android apps but none seem to be able to meet the expectation. or can't support via the android box.

I was actually contemplating between popsical, $200 which gather its sources from their cloud.
or a system from Q10, price is $500-$700?

my concern which will be more future proof and reliable.

goodlife101

Reaction score
It all depend how far you want to go. I am comfortable with the Karoake box where many songs are stored and I do not need to do streaming online. If any songs web site were to close, you will be searching hard for a new web site for streaming. I only spend about $500 for the karoake box and $80 for the mixer as I already have a home theater. With the mixer I could also link my DVD player with karoake disc when needed.
The popsical does only online streaming and I believe if you do HD songs streaming the streaming will be slow as HD files are much bigger in size. Karoake songs needs minimum two audio track. I believe the image quality is not good and if you want good HD quality you have to have fast internet speed and the web site server must be fast. Majority of this type of server is in China and very subjective.

kurtgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
It all depend how far you want to go. I am comfortable with the Karoake box where many songs are stored and I do not need to do streaming online. If any songs web site were to close, you will be searching hard for a new web site for streaming. I only spend about $500 for the karoake box and $80 for the mixer as I already have a home theater. With the mixer I could also link my DVD player with karoake disc when needed.
The popsical does only online streaming and I believe if you do HD songs streaming the streaming will be slow as HD files are much bigger in size. Karoake songs needs minimum two audio track. I believe the image quality is not good and if you want good HD quality you have to have fast internet speed and the web site server must be fast. Majority of this type of server is in China and very subjective.

$500 is a reasonable fee, let me pay the shop a visit.

I don't mind investing an unit that can last me many many good time.

so do you upload the new songs?
how you find them?
usually will have the original singer, but will the hardware/processor remove the 'singer' and make it analogue?
not sure if I use the term correctly, correct me if I am wrong :s13:

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Popsicle looks like it's made by mediacorp. Singapore product.

All the more reason to not trust it.

kurtgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
Popsicle looks like it's made by mediacorp. Singapore product.

All the more reason to not trust it.

haha, that's really bad..

the first Singapore product that I bought was ac ryan moment.
bought it initially with lots of love and promises.
After a year, that's where the disappointment creeps

goodlife101

Reaction score
The karaoke box have a hard disk of 4TB with some extra memory to store new songs that can be downloaded from the internet. You can also attached a portable hard disk to the box and store more songs. So far I have not downloaded any songs as I am lazy to search online for these songs. The karoake songs needs to have 2 audio track. One with original singer vocal and one without. Don't have to worry about songs being erase as the seller told me that the songs library is protected from deletion but how true I do not know. You can try when you purchase the box and feedback to me. Ha ha ha. BTW I am not related to the seller.

kurtgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
The karaoke box have a hard disk of 4TB with some extra memory to store new songs that can be downloaded from the internet. You can also attached a portable hard disk to the box and store more songs. So far I have not downloaded any songs as I am lazy to search online for these songs. The karoake songs needs to have 2 audio track. One with original singer vocal and one without. Don't have to worry about songs being erase as the seller told me that the songs library is protected from deletion but how true I do not know. You can try when you purchase the box and feedback to me. Ha ha ha. BTW I am not related to the seller.

with expandable option, that is good.

I just afraid that I may not need so much songs, hence will be deleting them.
do they give you a link where you can download the 2 audio track?

don't worry, its not a sale thread.
just for sharing good buys, making our money well spent

MoDiE

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Currently using android box with karaoke app, everything works perfectly except that mic no where to connect so can't sing.. android box mic in is not meant for singing, only for Skype, etc..

My android box is connected to my Yamaha ysp 2700 sound bar via hdmi, it does not have any mic in...

Any solution to connect a mic in this situation? I know I need some sort of a a mixer but not sure which type to buy...

kurtgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
Currently using android box with karaoke app, everything works perfectly except that mic no where to connect so can't sing.. android box mic in is not meant for singing, only for Skype, etc..

My android box is connected to my Yamaha ysp 2700 sound bar via hdmi, it does not have any mic in...

Any solution to connect a mic in this situation? I know I need some sort of a a mixer but not sure which type to buy...

mind sharing what app you are using?

I got 2 sound bar, (moment) which works for karaoke singing and with wireless mic.

kurtgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
popsical, the karaoke system
https://popsical.com/#package

went to jcube on last sunday to view the product.

outlook is cute and compact
soundbar look cool with brushed grey color.
microphone are Bluetooth type instead of UHF but can go up to 10m as proven by myself.

interface is cool, user friendly.
sound track are good, decent quality, hearsay they got the source from reputable companies etc.

price is also reasonable..

however, was told that there's a catch for this device.
We had to pay a subscription of $10 per month, in order to access those popular MV.
Wthout this subscription, can only use what is available.
which I feel kinda crappy..

what do you think?
an one time off purchase at those karaoke shop is better or support our local product. :s13:

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2 years later, paid $240.

Stop subscription or website goes bankrupt, get nothing. :s13:

If I buy, I see sinkie pwning sinkie, can sleep well tonight.

vee4044

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Up post for review on Popsical Karaok system to discussion, bcoz now EXPO selling package on $399. very tempting to buy, Any one can advise ? Thanks.

kurtgoh

Master Member
Reaction score
Up post for review on Popsical Karaok system to discussion, bcoz now EXPO selling package on $399. very tempting to buy, Any one can advise ? Thanks.

dont forget to add in the monthly fee, hence its actually quite expensive in the long run..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.