Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

yongsaver

Reaction score
we have already witnessed I/R dropping since last year,...i think going forward, will stay sideways....and mirrors changes to US rates..why so,..becos SG uses only exchange rate nia as a monetary tool...so when US Interest rates change, USD/SGD exchange rate changes and to compensate for such changes, MAS will intervene by tightening/easing money supply, and becos I/R is essentially the price of money, it will be changed consequently....so thats the reason why end of the day, the only thing to see is how US rates move...so have to look out for Fed meeting minutes..the current FED policy is for gradual increase in I/R going forward...the key word is "gradual"..:D so shouldn't see huge jumps,..but trajectory has already been set liao.

cheers.

audiovideo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow ocbc mature.
Likely put scb for 11 months
Else getting later and later

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The current eSaver promotion ends on 31 Mar so there would be a gap between then and the next promotion, I expect.

Not really, so far news of the next promotion only out the last day of current promo.

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i guess the ST esaver interest will be down! :s13:

but i dunch care! coz im out of that pathetic bank since 3-4months ago...

i read that need $1K min balance? i kept it at $0 for past few months and there was no fine!

i tried placing afew K just testing for a few days last month and they did not deduct any money from it ... hm....

Think they will fine me one bog sum if i close account in future? :s8:

beautyseek

Reaction score
Tapping collective wisdom of pple here...

Will rates go up for FDs on 1 Apr?

Fed increased rate in mid Mar but banks here seem to be flushed with liquidity and well capitalised. More rate hikes in US expected to come in 2017 but our savings rates here seem to stay low...

I have a sum maturing tomorrow. Thinking if i should lock in whatever rates i can get tomorrow or wait till 1 Apr...

corvi

Reaction score
I assume the only penalty is lose one day of interest if u renew tomorrow. If there is a better deal, maybe you can switch over the next day.

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1st april onwards esaver no interest

so best to draw out the funds tom and park temp in uob high yield

otherwise lose interest for 1st and 2nd april.

cheque clearance team not working on a sat

banyan8

Reaction score

Since HY is a current account, depositing a cheque to HY on Fri still attracts interest on the same day? :s22:

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Since HY is a current account, depositing a cheque to HY on Fri still attracts interest on the same day? :s22:

yes did it before, as long as its before 3pm interest will be based on cheque deposit date.

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
no la i mean for those who took part 2 months ago, only valid till 31st march ma based on tnc

esaver's interest has been pathetic for the past 2 rounds though... hopefully it will not drop any further this time again

mdax23

Reaction score

Oh no more esaver promotion circle next month :(

amychan

Reaction score
Tapping collective wisdom of pple here...

Will rates go up for FDs on 1 Apr?

Fed increased rate in mid Mar but banks here seem to be flushed with liquidity and well capitalised. More rate hikes in US expected to come in 2017 but our savings rates here seem to stay low...

I have a sum maturing tomorrow. Thinking if i should lock in whatever rates i can get tomorrow or wait till 1 Apr...

It seems like rates are softening instead of rising

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.