Ask me any questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

anyhowsaysay

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Early December still have Koyo in Kyoto?

depends on weather.
2016 that time by late few days of nov already peak over. by early dec too late already

but 2015 that year was rather warm so even early dec can still see good peak koyo.

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It so happens i had already slotted Kamikochi with hiking during my stay in Takayama, and i plan to do Shin Hotaka on the same day as well.

I'm not that enthusiastic about snow, and seeing all white is pretty boring to me, unless if there's a sea of clouds to be seen with.

Hakone seems to offer more things to do with the ropeway and greenery trekking, and it seems transport cost won't be as high as tateyama, of which if i were to take all transport it could cost me up to 8000 - 10000 yen a day, whereas with the Hakone Pass bought on Odawara JR Station, it should set me back 5,000 yen for 2 days.

With that in mind, would you recommend that its better for me to visit hakone instead?

personally, i would go for alpine route. since u are already going chubu region might as well visit alpine route. coz it is less likely that u will visit chubu area again so soon. whereas hakone is quite near tokyo, and the likelihood of going tokyo is probably much higher. so u can just leave it for another trip.

cpuer

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone did this itinerary in a day?

Shibuya + Hachiko Statue
Meiji Shrine
Yogogi Park
Takeshita Street
Harajuku
Seri
Shinjuku
Piss Alley
Ikebukuro + Sunshine City

Is it do-able or will it be too rush?

Tia. :)

Can ah, just a matter of how much time you can spend on each stop only.

riiya86

Reaction score
anything you must do in Kobe?

not exactly a must visit type of place. and nara to kobe takes 1hr+. or don't group nara and kobe on same day.

wanna go eat Kobe beef. =:p i also wanna walk around the Chinatown / Harborland and then probably take the ropeway to enjoy the night view before heading back to Osaka. my other days in Osaka i dunno how to make out the time to head to Kobe on separate days.. can you give advice?

Day 1 (Sat) reach Osaka from Kyoto, then go Umeda shopping -> Shinsaibashi / Dontonburi
Day 2 (Sun) Morning leave for Nara [Nara Park/Kokufuji/[FONT=&quot]Higashimuki Shopping Street] --> Noon head to Kobe [Chinatown/Harborland/Shin-KObe Ropeway] --> Osaka

Day 3 (Mon) Kaiyukan Aquarium / Explore Tempozan Shopping

Day 4 (Tues) Kuromon Ichiba Market --> Owl Cafe (need to queue for slots) --> Tennoji shopping / Shinsekai / Tsutenkaku

Day 5 (Wed) Full day in USJ

Day 6 (Thurs) Depart for SG :sad:[/FONT]

MajiMax

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If I wanna go Ashikaga Flower Park, can use Tokyo Wide Pass for whole journey?

l9NEdBE.jpg

[Audrey]

Reaction score
How does printer at Lawson (or other convenience stores) work?

Can I access their internet there, then log in to my email/other platforms where I buy attraction tickets online, then print out?

or die die must use a thumbdrive? Please advise... urgent =/

Carousell sellers selling attraction tickets still cannot confirm my ticket order, so I might need to buy from Klook, and Klook needs people to print out physical tickets for Disneyland

MajiMax

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Change the routes to JR Lines only.

Managed to find the answer from another thread. :)
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/j...ort-tokyo-hokkaido-5372633.html#post101432096

Finally done writing my itinerary and done flight / accommodation booking, can't believe I did everything within 24hrs :eek:

1 SIN -> Tokyo (stay)
2 Ashikaga Flower Park -> Tokyo (stay)
3 Hitachi Seaside Park -> Tokyo (stay)
4 Fuji Shibazakura Festival -> Tokyo (stay)
5 Tokyo -> Takayama (stay)
6 Takayama (stay)
7 Shirakawa-go -> Takayama (stay)
8 Kamikochi -> Takayama (stay)
9 Kurobe Dam -> Takayama (stay)
10 Takayama -> Nagoya (stay)
11 Nagoya -> SIN

Marking my 23th ~ 26th prefectures visited.

IMANOOB

Reaction score
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/j...ort-tokyo-hokkaido-5372633.html#post101432096

Finally done writing my itinerary and done flight / accommodation booking, can't believe I did everything within 24hrs :eek:

1 SIN -> Tokyo (stay)
6 Takayama (stay)
11 Nagoya -> SIN

Is Kurobe dam that worth it to visit in May Majimax? I actually wanted to scrap my Toyama leg because of the whole Tateyama still covered in snow thing. I plan to change it to Hakone instead.

MajiMax

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is Kurobe dam that worth it to visit in May Majimax? I actually wanted to scrap my Toyama leg because of the whole Tateyama still covered in snow thing. I plan to change it to Hakone instead.

Like what evilerniex said, Hakone is close to Tokyo, since you will be visiting Tokyo next time, might well go places that is not easier to access (compare those typical few prefectures that ppl usually visit)

I been to Japan five times (3x Autumn, 1x Spring, 1x Winter), however I never really been to central Japan.

IMANOOB

Reaction score
Like what evilerniex said, Hakone is close to Tokyo, since you will be visiting Tokyo next time, might well go places that is not easier to access (compare those typical few prefectures that ppl usually visit)

I been to Japan five times (3x Autumn, 1x Spring, 1x Winter), however I never really been to central Japan.

the distance to toyama from tokyo is only 2 hrs ++, whereas Hakone is 1hrs ++. In terms of distance, they don't really differ that much.

Should i decide to return on summer before November, perhaps i can do this itinerary:

Day 1 : Osaka - Toyama ( 4hrs )
Day 2 : Toyama - Tateyama Kurobe Alpine route
Day 3 : Toyama - Kurobe Gorge - Nagano
Day 4 : Nagano - Hakuba (Happo Ike)
Day 5 : Nagan0 - Matsumoto
Day 6 : Nagano - Tokyo
Day 7 - 12 : Tokyo

Wouldn't this be a sound itinerary focused on hiking?

But do convince me if tateyama and Kurobe is worth the time for the detour in May. What's so good about it, compared to Hakone?

My main gripes about the detour is the extra transport cost that can shot up to 10,000 yen ++, and that toyama has nothing going on for it really. It's a small town around the alps. If i do it, i have to carry extra 3kg winter wear with gloves and hat on my 80L backpack.

If i do Hakone, it'd be cheaper overall with 2 day pass from 5140 yen, and Hakone ropeway is known as 2nd best in Japan. I can also do a short trip to Yamanakako from Gotemba, or even revisit Kawaguchiko on my 3rd last day in Hakone. Besides, i can see the sulphur valley in Owakudani, as opposed to Jigokudani which is still covered in snow. If i'm bored, i can do light hiking there on Komagatake. There's also a nearby Jinja in Hakone.

If i have to be convinced that Tateyama is worth the trouble, it'd be that the view has to be breathtaking enough for me to wake up earlier twice during my time in toyama.

Last edited:

thwysg

Reaction score

1 SIN -> Tokyo (stay)
6 Takayama (stay)
11 Nagoya -> SIN

Kurobe from Takayama? The full route (one-way)? Won't it be very rush?

Last year I reached Toyama station from Namerikawa station before 6.30am and the earliest timing I could get tickets was after 7.30am. Ended up managed to catch the bus before 2pm to Shinano Omachi.

MajiMax

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kurobe from Takayama? The full route (one-way)? Won't it be very rush?

Last year I reached Toyama station from Namerikawa station before 6.30am and the earliest timing I could get tickets was after 7.30am. Ended up managed to catch the bus before 2pm to Shinano Omachi.

Taking bus tour package.

Takayama Bus Terminal(7:40)   Hirayu Onsen(8:40)   Ogizawa Station(11:10)→<Trolley Bus>  Kurobe Dam <Trolley Bus>→ ogizawa Station(16:05)  Hirayu Onsen(18:35)   Takayama Bus Terminal(19:35)

MajiMax

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't this be a sound itinerary focused on hiking?

But do convince me if tateyama and Kurobe is worth the time for the detour in May. What's so good about it, compared to Hakone?

I went Matsumoto from Tokyo as day trip, just to see Matsumoto castle, because I really wanna, and don't mind the time spent or trouble involved.

So really is up to what you wanna see. :)

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How does printer at Lawson (or other convenience stores) work?

Can I access their internet there, then log in to my email/other platforms where I buy attraction tickets online, then print out?

or die die must use a thumbdrive? Please advise... urgent =/

Carousell sellers selling attraction tickets still cannot confirm my ticket order, so I might need to buy from Klook, and Klook needs people to print out physical tickets for Disneyland

PDF file in thumbdrive. It can open word docs but then the formatting might go haywire.

IMANOOB

Reaction score
I went Matsumoto from Tokyo as day trip, just to see Matsumoto castle, because I really wanna, and don't mind the time spent or trouble involved.

So really is up to what you wanna see. :)

thanks for the opinion. i'll put that in consideration. This is my first trip to Japan, so i guess i needed assurance on what to see, and tbh, i'm actually nervous if i am going to be disappointed in what i had planned.

Bertrand Traore

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where can print file from phone? Bought tickets in carousell need somewhere to print the tickets out. Family mart etc able to do it? If got usb can connect to iphone to print?

kifo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where can print file from phone? Bought tickets in carousell need somewhere to print the tickets out. Family mart etc able to do it? If got usb can connect to iphone to print?

If you can understand Japanese, there is a netprint app for 7-11. Typically, all these online services require some knowledge of Japanese. Family Mart has a website, go to their webpage.

Bertrand Traore

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you can understand Japanese, there is a netprint app for 7-11. Typically, all these online services require some knowledge of Japanese. Family Mart has a website, go to their webpage.

Saw family mart has its printer. The website isnt showing anything about printing services though. Guess i will check with them/7-11 tmr to check if they can print out from my phone xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.