Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Improper way shut down will cause bad sector.. Happen to my red wd

tarui04

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my ds1515+ is giving me a lot of problems these days

it's becoming very unresponsive even for the simplest of tasks, like opening a folder of pictures about 20 pictures at 3mb each.

the progress bar at the top will take a long time to move and appears every single time for tasks like changing the display from list to thumbnails or refreshing the folder.

I can't do force recheck for multiple files especially if it is larger than 1-2gb.

I used to be able to playback a large movie file like 1-4Gb while there are active downloads to the nas. but these days I can only do one at any time.

there's no errors or warning sounds like disk failure or anything.

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my ds1515+ is giving me a lot of problems these days

it's becoming very unresponsive even for the simplest of tasks, like opening a folder of pictures about 20 pictures at 3mb each.

the progress bar at the top will take a long time to move and appears every single time for tasks like changing the display from list to thumbnails or refreshing the folder.

I can't do force recheck for multiple files especially if it is larger than 1-2gb.

I used to be able to playback a large movie file like 1-4Gb while there are active downloads to the nas. but these days I can only do one at any time.

there's no errors or warning sounds like disk failure or anything.
Is your 1515 on SHR and doing data scrubbing regularly?

tarui04

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
decided to look deeper

turns out 1 HDD got a number of bad sectors and I/O read errors

rebuild nas?

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the HDD 1 is WD red 4tb with the errors
HDD 2-5 are hitachi deskstar
Why the alone WD Red? Frequent visitors to this thread have been warned times and times again to avoid WD Red HDD.

damnit

Reaction score
Why the alone WD Red? Frequent visitors to this thread have been warned times and times again to avoid WD Red HDD.

what are there issues with WD Red? Just bought a second hand NAS with WD Red :eek::eek::eek:

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what are there issues with WD Red? Just bought a second hand NAS with WD Red :eek::eek::eek:

Early death
rest%20in%20peace_zpsicmvsl4n.gif

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/hardware-clinic-2/%5Bhdd%5D-western-digital-rma-1969770-103.html

Last edited:

tarui04

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I used to have all 5 drives being WD red then i think i got encouraged to move to hgst

so i bought 2 each on 2 occassions to max out the qoo10 coupon. so left 1 . then forgot about it.

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where are the peeps who said their wd red work damn fine for long period

batniss

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some jokers, you never see them here when there are real genuine questions.

But when it come to promoting false impression (telling people to get wd red, avoid just 3tb and etc), they are seen everywhere (same as those apple fans that keeps telling others apple rocks for all reasons).

Why like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.