Persona 5

bingbing

Reaction score
thanks bro :) hmm hard to say, there were some other games (tried on PS Vita where the region thingy is more fierce and restricted to memory cards etc) some of my games if you using R1 cartridge, can still buy R3 DLC it will work BUT i kenna before R1 cartridge, bought some R3 DLC and it said not compatible, wasted 5$, heart cracked :(

i really hope it won't be this case for my P5 (R1) copy haha

Anyway the link provided by Gaia (thx man) in gamefaq, some ppl tried the DLCs from R1 and it is working on their R3 discs. As of now, things sounds and looks good woo hoo! :)

yup, i just log onto my US account to get the jap audio dlc and the other free ones. seems like i can only set the jap audio dlc to auto download and not the rest. oh well shall see this evening!

late4ever

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yup, i just log onto my US account to get the jap audio dlc and the other free ones. seems like i can only set the jap audio dlc to auto download and not the rest. oh well shall see this evening!

When you start the game it will prompt you that the other free dlc is activated and where to find the items.

bingbing

Reaction score
When you start the game it will prompt you that the other free dlc is activated and where to find the items.

i see.. hopefully it does work on my R3 account then cos im alr 25 hours into the game lol.

anyway best modern jrpg ever no regrets in buying man!

lambofmagic

Reaction score
i see.. hopefully it does work on my R3 account then cos im alr 25 hours into the game lol.

anyway best modern jrpg ever no regrets in buying man!

Agree, i was prepared to buy another R3 copy of the disc and to restart in the worst case scenario, hopefully they will spare my wallet....

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i have the r2 disk, if i download voice from US psn can i play on sg psn?

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
No, as I mentioned, R2 version is not compatible with R1/R3:
For this particular case, I think they are compatible. Looking at the PSN stores, the US/R1 version and SG/R3 version both have product ID "CUSA05877". So they should be compatible (if my guess is wrong don't blame me hor), assuming the disc versions have the same ID as digital. Of cos, an easy way to test is, if you have R3 disc, just go US PSN store and download those free DLCs (like Japanese VO).

UK/R2 version is "CUSA06638", so not compatible.

However R2 version has the same DLCs released: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/search/f=^persona+5|bucket~games

Regardless, you can play using your SG psn account.

NiHaoma123

Reaction score
Lol few months no visit my own thread become 5 pages le...hope p5 receives its just attention instead of..*ahem**FF15*

shin7829

Reaction score
I no play any persona before

Last time I played strategy game by atlus by the name of 魔神转生

qwertified

Reaction score

DLC is region lock, go to the correct region store to download it. R1 go us, R2 go euro etc.

Play on what account doesnt matter as long as all your accounts set the ps4 u using as primary.

late4ever

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Create an UK account and download the DLC from the UK playstation store on the browser.

I have a R2 disc as well but playing the game on a US account and I have the option to choose Jap voice over from the option menu after downloading.

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
DLC is region lock, go to the correct region store to download it. R1 go us, R2 go euro etc.

Play on what account doesnt matter as long as all your accounts set the ps4 u using as primary.

Create an UK account and download the DLC from the UK playstation store on the browser.

I have a R2 disc as well but playing the game on a US account and I have the option to choose Jap voice over from the option menu after downloading.

thanks. ill try he US voice. if that doesnt work then UK

qwertified

Reaction score
The jap voice is dlc or patch? If its patch, it will download from the correct server regardless of which account you currently using. Just need to wait.

Gametaku

Master Member
Reaction score
It's DLC. Like what Pierce has mentioned earlier.. The r1 and r3 copy hv the same serial code. So for those who own the r1 or r3 copy..you can dl the Dlc from either the SG or US PSN store. For those who own the R2 copy, you have to dl the DLC from the EU psn store.

The jap voice is dlc or patch? If its patch, it will download from the correct server regardless of which account you currently using. Just need to wait.

bingbing

Reaction score
It's DLC. Like what Pierce has mentioned earlier.. The r1 and r3 copy hv the same serial code. So for those who own the r1 or r3 copy..you can dl the Dlc from either the SG or US PSN store. For those who own the R2 copy, you have to dl the DLC from the EU psn store.

actually a very noob question. say i have a r3 disc and am playing the game using the r3 account. can the downloaded r1 dlc audio pack be able to run on the game in r3 account?

Gametaku

Master Member
Reaction score
Yes but this only works for Persona 5 specifically and the US account that u dl the r1 Dlc has to be set as primary ps4.

actually a very noob question. say i have a r3 disc and am playing the game using the r3 account. can the downloaded r1 dlc audio pack be able to run on the game in r3 account?

Last edited:

bingbing

Reaction score
Yes but this only for Persona 5 specifically and the US account that u dl the r1 Dlc has to be set as primary ps4.

i see.. so i have to play the game with my r1 account. was just thinking cos i've alr clocked 25hrs thru the r3 account. thanks!

XxGaiaxX

Reaction score
Just wait for R3 DLC then. Should be out tomorrow. Save the hassles if you're not sure how the region DLC works.

Gametaku

Master Member
Reaction score
No need. U can still play with ur r3 and dl the Dlc with the US account. Just set the US account to primary and play with the r3 account.

i see.. so i have to play the game with my r1 account. was just thinking cos i've alr clocked 25hrs thru the r3 account. thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.