ACCA

gohly5

Reaction score
Hi I am a banking and finance graduate from sim uol. I have a few questions and I hope someone can help me on this. I wish to work as a financial analyst in the future. (I regretted not taking AnF)

1. I intend to pursue ACCA, is ACCA necessary for me to get the role of financial analyst?

2. I know I have no accounting background, I don't mind working as a entry accounting assistant learning some basic accounting skills. With my current degree, am I able to work as a entry level accounting assistant?

3. How do people work full time and studying part time ACCA? Any good institution to recommend?

Thank you everyone in advance!

-A confused soul

kennycai

Reaction score
For your above question (1), if yours is financial analyst, go for CFA instead of ACCA.Acca teaches one to be competent in standards, taxation n Financial mgmt.

2.with a B & F degree, I don't foresee problems getting a account assistance post.

3.Go for London school of Business and Finance lecturers. Can't go wrong.
I did part time ACCA, be prepared to burn your weekends studying and weekdays evenings

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi I am a banking and finance graduate from sim uol. I have a few questions and I hope someone can help me on this. I wish to work as a financial analyst in the future. (I regretted not taking AnF)

1. I intend to pursue ACCA, is ACCA necessary for me to get the role of financial analyst?

The answer is no. Get CFA.

2. I know I have no accounting background, I don't mind working as a entry accounting assistant learning some basic accounting skills. With my current degree, am I able to work as a entry level accounting assistant?

Is your 'accounting assistant' a graduate or non-graduate position. If non-graduate position, employer are willing to accept non-accounting graduate for their Admin cum HR cum Account cum Financial position.

However for graduate position, Recruiter prefer Accounting graduate. This mean that without a Accounting degree, it does not help you in your accounting career. And why waste time on Accounting when you want to be in Financial position?

3. How do people work full time and studying part time ACCA?

Apart from ACCA, there are a lot of people also work full time & studying part time undergraduate & graduate courses too. So your question is a bit 'silly' in Post-Degree Programs & Courses forum & you will get standard answers like:

1) Self Discipline

2) Time Management

3) Just Do It

3. Any good institution to recommend?

Thank you everyone in advance!

-A confused soul

ACCA in no longer the in thing. Try one of this accounting course from this link: http://www.isca.org.sg/media/779385/list-of-recognised-accounting-degrees-for-associate.pdf

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.