Persona 5

little_one

Reaction score
Tons of examples. Borderlands 2, we bot the season pass on Asia psn, but the first DLC only got released 1 whole f*ing month after other regions. This practically killed the game for us as the momentum was lost, co-op partners moved on to other games already. There are many many more examples of how Asia psn sux like that.

And it's not just a couple of small publishers, even Sony's own games are like that too. DLCs are either not released in Asia at all, or only come much later after ppl complained and complained. (Just consider this, Sony has been selling their PS wireless headsets for a long time in Asia, but the companion app needed to customise the headset was not available on Asia psn. It's only after ppl kept complaining that after TWO YEARS then they put it on Asia psn.)

The only DLCs you will see a lot of in Asia psn are the musou games and fighting games -- say there is 1 new DLC costume or whatever, multiply that by number of chars, multiply by number of platforms (ps4, ps3, vita), multiply by languages (JP, CH, EN), so every few weeks when they milk with another wave of DLCs, you practically see like 200 new DLCs dumped onto the Asia store.

As above. It's not just Atlus. There are many many examples of such crap from Asia psn, even many of Sony's own products. I'd say Asia PSN doesn't give a f* about R3 customers.

i see lesson learned then , next time imma get R1 product if in doubt

NiHaoma123

Reaction score
Hi all, gd news. Paid dlc from us store works for R3. I redeemed my izanagi dlc from us preorder if anyone is curious. Applied the dlc on my R3 phy copy and it works

sputnikfire

Reaction score
Just to clarify: If I buy the Eng version on SG PSN store and switch to my US account to play, I am able to download the free DLCs? And they will be compatible with my SG/Asia digital copy?

I usually make purchases from the US store but I have recently gotten a free value card for the Asian store which is why I am purchasing P5 from there.

Off topic: Why is NiER: Automata (Standard Edition) still in pre-order in the SG store? I only see the English-Jap. version available.

XxGaiaxX

Reaction score
Just to clarify: If I buy the Eng version on SG PSN store and switch to my US account to play, I am able to download the free DLCs? And they will be compatible with my SG/Asia digital copy?

I usually make purchases from the US store but I have recently gotten a free value card for the Asian store which is why I am purchasing P5 from there.

Off topic: Why is NiER: Automata (Standard Edition) still in pre-order in the SG store? I only see the English-Jap. version available.

Yes. For Persona 5, the DLC for R1 and R3 is the same. So with R3 copy, you can log in your US account to dl the DLC, then use back your R3 account to play if you wish to do so.

And for Nier wise, the one you saw as PO is the Chinese version.

XxGaiaxX

Reaction score
I have the r2 steel book as well, using Asian PSN acc. Can't seem to find the Japanese language DL. Am I doing something wrong?

R3 there's no DLC yet. If you want the Japanese DLC, you need to dl it using an EU PSN account.

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Looks like many ppl are still confused, let me re-post this:

Don't confuse 2 different parts:

1) The game and its DLCs. Basically game from one region can only use DLCs from same region. But there are exceptions. This case is one of the exceptions where R1 and R3 are compatible. R2 is not.

2) Playing the game (and its DLCs). This one is easy, regardless what region the game (and its DLCs) is, you can use any region PSN account to play them. (There are some exceptions though.)

So, 1), if your game is R1, get the Jap VO DLC from R1; if your game is R3, get the Jap VO DLC from R1 too (unless you wait until R3 store has it). 2) you can use R1 or R3 account to play, doesn't matter.

To download the DLC from R1 psn store, you need to log in to R1 account, to get from R2 you need R2 account. See this sitcky post if you need to create R1 or R2 account (it has addresses you can use):
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/c...how-create-us-uk-jp-psn-accounts-5349743.html

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score

Actually that Nier pre-order you see is multi-language (EN/CH/KR/JP).

Nier was released in Japan back in Feb. Asia psn store also have that Japan version. It happens that for this particular title the Japan version comes with English. (This is a very very rare case.) iirc originally the Japan version on Asia psn did not specify "English/Japanese ver" earlier, it was just labelled as Japanese.

Then Nier English version was released in other regions in Mar. Asia psn store does not have it. Instead they put up a pre-order for the multi-lang version, releasing late Apr. This version is obviously targeting the Chinese market in TW/HK.

Luckily, as I said, this is a very very rare case when the Japan version comes with English. If it's just like any other Japan game, this essentially means Asia psn store has Japanese version, skipped English version, waits for Chinese version (which may come with English). Not the first time Asia psn skipped English release or has it much much later than other regions. Basically it's another example of how Asia psn sux.

Gametaku

Master Member
Reaction score
:s22: cannot switch to japan voice even in new game+
need restart a normal new game

oh well...get hidden trophy then i restart new game...since i have to play till october again for the drinks trophy :s22:

Can. When choosing which file to load... press triangle or square for the option to choose jap audio.

Thessauron

Reaction score
Yes. For Persona 5, the DLC for R1 and R3 is the same. So with R3 copy, you can log in your US account to dl the DLC, then use back your R3 account to play if you wish to do so.

This is great! :s22:

sputnikfire

Reaction score

Thanks for the reply. Decided to just buy the R2 steel book at 50plus - since R2 has all the dlcs as well - and save my 100 dollar credit for other games.

So... NieR or Horizon?:D

koicafex

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
both games u mentioned are quite different...
both games are good, so up to u...

sacar101

Reaction score
Did R3 version using same button config as R1 version? (X is Ok and O is back rather than vice versa) Or my game siao siao?

koicafex

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
think ang mo and jippun people buay song each other :s13:
most jrpg accept is X (following the traditional way since PS1)
then ang mo game default all put O ==ll

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.