HWZ AMD Ryzen R5 Owners Klub

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When AMD have R5 then people wants to compare it to i5...lol

AMD should name current R7 as R9 and R5 as R7...

Lol. But really, its just 2 cores disabled from r7 series. Still with the "bridge". So im pretty sure it will perform the same lol. Not unless heavily multi threaded workload then probably yes it wont work as well as r7 series. Gaming wise it should be the same.

Who knows? Scali can unlock the 2 cores and it become a r7? Lol

What is interesting is the 4c8t. Wanna see how their 4c8t 1400 works without the bridge. Will it solve all the ram frequency issues etc?

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol. But really, its just 2 cores disabled from r7 series. Still with the "bridge". So im pretty sure it will perform the same lol. Not unless heavily multi threaded workload then probably yes it wont work as well as r7 series. Gaming wise it should be the same.

What is interesting is the 4c8t. Wanna see how their 4c8t 1400 works without the bridge. Will it solve all the ram frequency issues etc?

You reviewing R5? :o

daniel798

Reaction score
Thinking of getting the 1600 mainly for the cooler over the 1600x. :s13: Might not get on release day though.

Should be getting a B350 mobo with it. No point getting x370 if I dont intend to use more than 1 GPU right?:s11:

Techno Pride

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've lost touch with latest tech. Still rocking a dying Sandy Bridge rig.

If I were to get R5 1600 and Asus B350 Prime Plus, would the following work, with pcie Lane limitation issues:

1) Nvidia 1060
2) 5x SATA drives
3) nvme drive in future?

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When AMD have R5 then people wants to compare it to i5...lol

AMD should name current R7 as R9 and R5 as R7...
It's probably no coincidence that AMD named their Ryzen chips with exactly the same number system - R7 vs i7, R5 vs i5... check out the RRP. The intention is to show a side by side comparison at the same price point, AMD is easily the more cost effective chip.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[]=2984&cmp[]=2919&cmp[]=2570

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still waiting for better b350 boards with aura sync from asus.

Planning to get R5 1600 and asus b350m prime a board...

Should be getting a B350 mobo with it. No point getting x370 if I dont intend to use more than 1 GPU right?:s11:

If I were to get R5 1600 and Asus B350 Prime Plus...
Wow, so much interest in B350 mobos esp. from Asus... :eek:

Gut feeling is current Asus R&D seems tightly focused on X370 models especially ROG so B350 models are lagging behind cos this is a totally new platform (OK, maybe ~1 month old in retail).

Advice - presently better to get ROG or at least another X370 if you can up the budget.

HTH

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Well this is not what i meant.
The naming of the processor made people feels like R5 is equivalent to i5 but in fact R5 is a much powerful processor at the same price point especially in multi thread application.

blackestvoid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
waiting for b350 board with the ram issues to be resolved
wonder if r5 will intro any new problems...

wwenze

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Well this is not what i meant.
The naming of the processor made people feels like R5 is equivalent to i5 but in fact R5 is a much powerful processor at the same price point especially in multi thread application.

When you review stuff, do you compare them against other things of the same price, or do you compare different price points?

Well AMD did do you wish for in the past in the form of PR system. Yes Athlon 64 6000+. We know how that went.

PholkLorr

Reaction score
But i5 will probably still be better than r5 for games. Sadly.

For most people, the most demanding app they have on their com is a video game, not content creation or streaming. If you do those, then r5 is a no brainer.

Techno Pride

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ok nvm. I saw that the Asus B350 Prime Plus has 6 SATA slots. So long as I dont put in an nvme drive, it should be fine.

Reaction score
But i5 will probably still be better than r5 for games. Sadly.

For most people, the most demanding app they have on their com is a video game, not content creation or streaming. If you do those, then r5 is a no brainer.

I wonder 8th Gen Intel if i5 going 4 core 8 threads.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.