Best (Miles/Cashback) card for (XXX) payment

laurent_rio

Reaction score
how about payment for:
1) Ipaymy
2) Cardup

can earn 4 mile for DBS WWM or UOB PP?

last month i lost 4 MILES/$ using UOB PPVwith cardup and after they promising will chase UOB to give the missing miles, in the end they can only give compensation of 10 SGD and release of processing fee. They promise it wont happened again and UOB PPV will give 4 miles/$.

You can try

Last edited:

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hotel (overseas):
ANZ Optimum (5% optimum$ | choose dining entertainment for the quarter | round down to 0.1optimum $ per transaction then round down total to 1optimum$ at end of s.mth, max 30 optimum$/transaction, no mthly cap)

Dining:
ANZ Optimum (5% optimum$ | choose dining entertainment for the quarter |round down to 0.1optimum $ per transaction then round down total to 1optimum$ at end of s.mth, max 30 optimum$/transaction, no mthly cap)

Groceries:
ANZ Optimum (5% optimum$ | choose groceries for the quarter |round down to 0.1optimum $ per transaction then round down total to 1optimum$ at end of s.mth, max 30 optimum$/transaction, no mthly cap)

tshany

Reaction score
Good thread Thanks for the effort!
Btw does ATU go under contactless? I think the number of atu is capped at statement months. Pls correct me if I got it wrong.

Nets Flashpay ATU
BOC Family (5% | 4ATU/s.mth | $500/s.mth | $100/mth)

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Good thread Thanks for the effort!
Btw does ATU go under contactless? I think the number of atu is capped at statement months. Pls correct me if I got it wrong.

Nets Flashpay ATU
BOC Family (5% | 4ATU/s.mth | $500/s.mth | $100/mth)

Think 4ATU is the cap for ATU so to avoid confusing it with the condition. Suggest

Nets Flashpay ATU
BOC Family (5% | $500/s.mth | cap on $200ATU/s.mth+ total family rebate max $100/mth)

Last edited:

Xtercise

Reaction score
Hi,

I have upcoming insurance and income tax to pay. Any possible card to earn miles? Best is 4mpd

chopra

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As long as have otp, hsbc adv will honour. Cso told me so. I already "ka ching" for this calendar mth already. Not going to wait.

dahnoob

Reaction score
Hi,

I have upcoming insurance and income tax to pay. Any possible card to earn miles? Best is 4mpd

Perhaps cardup. There's no direct 4mpd card for income tax that I know of. HSBC Advance still works for insurance.

Knightoftheblackrose

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BOOKMARKED

Thanks to Trazora for your detailed summary.

You invested a lot of personal time to compile this.

I really appreciate it! :)

Edit for the c.mth and s.mth and update for DBS debit visa

Generic:
UOB One (5% | $2k/mth for all 3 s.mths of qualifying qtr | $300/qtr)
Amex TCB (1.5% | NONE | NONE)
SCB Unlimited Cashback (1.5% | NONE | NONE)
SCB Manhattan (3% | min $3k/s.mth | $200/qtr)
Maybank Platinum (3.33% | min $1k/c.mth for c.qtr | $100/qtr)

Contactless:
DBS Live Fresh (5% + 1.2mpd | min $700/c.mth | $70/mth)
DBS Visa debit (5% | Max 3 cash withdrawals and below $400 per c.mth| $50/mth)
UOB Delight (3% in SMART$ | min $400/c.mth | 50SMART$/mth)

Hotel (overseas):
CIMB Plat Mastercard (10% | min $500/s.mth + 8x$30/s.mth | $60/mth)
ANZ Optimum (5% | choose entertainment for the quarter | $30/transaction, no mthly cap)

Online:
SCB Singpost (7% | min $600/s.mth | $60/mth)
DBS Live Fresh (5%+1.2mpd | min $700/c.mth | $70/mth)
BOC Family (5% | min $500/s.mth | $100/mth)

Dining:
POSB Everyday ( 14%/9%/3% | Online food delivery/weekend/weekday + min $600/c.mth | $50/mth)
CIMB Visa Signature (10% | min $500/s.mth + 8x$30/s.mth | $60/mth)
BOC Family (7% | min $500/s.mth | $100/mth)
Citibank Cash Back (8% | min $888/s.mth | $25/mth)

Groceries:
Citibank Cash Back (8% | min $888/s.mth | $25/mth)
UOB delight (8% in SMART$| Dairy Farm group + min $800/c.mth | 50 SMART$/mth)
Maybank Family and Friends (8% | NTUC, Cold Storage + min $1k/c.mth | $600/c.yr)
Citibank SMRT (7.3%/5% | kallang wave fairprice xtra/ Sheng siong,giant,ntuc + min $300/s.mth + min $50/transaction | 600 smrt$/ year if card renewal after 7 feb17, 280 smrt$ otherwise)
BOC Family (5% | min $500/s.mth| $100/s.mth)

greddy88

Reaction score
Nice effort. I was searching for the past few days which one is good for overseas hotel booking. Luckily I found this thread
Thanks!

salmonella

Reaction score
I understand that Singtel payments do not get cashback since Mar.

Is that true for all telcos (Singtel, M1, Starhub)? How about payments to others like VQ, MR, Circles?

Is it true for all cashback cards? How about miles cards?

In short, is there any card that we should charge our mobile/broadband bills to? Or just switch to GIRO since there's no benefit in paying manually?

denial86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Hubby wants to buy a 2.3k tv from harvey norman, best denki.

Anyone knows which is the best card to use? I currently still have a DBS Black Visa (and maybe the Women world cc, provided they approve it) that I can apply for to get $70 cashback (sad face, really should have applied in march for $100 cashback).

Other than that.. Not sure what else to use. Suggestions please?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.