HWZ AMD Ryzen R5 Owners Klub

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The R5 1600 has a soldered IHS and runs really cool even when overclocked so any half decent HSF should suffice.

Hey, check out these load temps with just a Zalman HSF =:p

247%2B%2528Copy%2529.PNG
Is that a teaser for potential higher OC headroom beyond 4 GHz? =:p

poooooo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The R5 1600 has a soldered IHS and runs really cool even when overclocked so any half decent HSF should suffice.

Hey, check out these load temps with just a Zalman HSF =:p

247%2B%2528Copy%2529.PNG

able to get hold of 1600x and compare?
if no difference i'll much rather get the 1600 with cooler. :s13:

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
able to get hold of 1600x and compare?
if no difference i'll much rather get the 1600 with cooler. :s13:

I wont even bat an eye on the X series since 3.5-3.6 GHz is more or less an easy target to hit. X series are simply slightly better binned chips. Unless they can clock beyond 4 GHz that the non-X may not.

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hardocp did a mini "binning" session of R5s.
Might wanna check them out. Otherwise it still exhibits the same traits in voltage/frequency scaling as R7.

Still Summit Ridge/Zeppelin B1 after all.

And maybe weaker IMC as noted in the main post.

Don't think this is true. Please give me some examples that product is great and name is lame?

Kill-a-watt?

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you use your pc for gaming only....i5 7600k with a hyper 212 is still a better combo.....
I'm a intel supporter but I want AMD to be successful

So Intel will drop price? Don't think this is the case.

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
and yet...

:crazy:

That's done repeatedly because there are people out there, perhaps a vocal minority that still don't accept that different products behave differently, have their own strengths and weaknesses. Rather than appreciating the increased consumer choice and tech, the ideology for some is tribe mentality and hope their 'tribe' crushes the opponent (aka fanboying for a corporation). He also has to keep bashing adoredTV to wake those redditors up just like how the scheduler myth was debunked by AMD officially and Pcper, and how some reviewers were getting "death threats".

On topic:
But imo a good comparison will be price based of the
- Intel part+mobo (locked or unlocked)
- vs. Ryzen +mobo at achievable clocks of the process (3.9GHz??).

Than a random fluke memory training (likely 3200++) based OC that is not representative of what's attainable for the majority. Or requires Samsung-B as of late.

Last edited:

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's done repeatedly because there are people out there, perhaps a vocal minority that still don't accept that different products behave differently, have their own strengths and weaknesses. Rather than appreciating the increased consumer choice and tech, the ideology for some is tribe mentality and hope their 'tribe' crushes the opponent (aka fanboying for a corporation). He also has to keep bashing adoredTV to wake those redditors up just like how the scheduler myth was debunked by AMD officially and Pcper, and how some reviewers were getting "death threats".

On topic:
But imo a good comparison will be price based of the
- Intel part+mobo (locked or unlocked)
- vs. Ryzen +mobo at achievable clocks of the process (3.9GHz??).

Than a random fluke memory training (likely 3200++) based OC that is not representative of what's attainable for the majority. Or requires Samsung-B as of late.
Too bad the more competitive pricing of these Ryzen 5 doesn't get translated here as many SLS retailers are NOT providing subsidy for CPU+mobo combo. Many combos are simply mobo standalone + CPU standalone pricings. Ryzen 5 1400 + B350 combos can be pricier than Core i5-7400 + B250... :(

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Too bad the more competitive pricing of these Ryzen 5 doesn't get translated here as many SLS retailers are NOT providing subsidy for CPU+mobo combo. Many combos are simply mobo standalone + CPU standalone pricings. Ryzen 5 1400 + B350 combos can be pricier than Core i5-7400 + B250... :(

Or you can always wait for the flash sale :s34:
Or check if vp is sort of "soak testing" around Q10 sale with their single unit Ryzen listings where you can try sniping. :s34:

Like R7 1700 + asrock x370 killer SLI at $62x-64x around Lazada birthday (1700 for 525 + 16.6% off when prorated with Q10 coupon).

But if you substitute the board with the mATX b350... might be 120-130 after wogi + shopback cutting an additional $100 off.
=:p

Last edited:

Crooni

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i checked a few combinations, comparing cpu and boards that are closest or same in price alone.

the lower tiered ryzen 1400 gets almost no discounts. whereas the very cheapest g4560 + board gets $20-30.

ryzen 1600 gets ~$10-20, intel gets ~$40-50

ryzen 1700 gets ~$40, intel gets ~$60-70

the 1700x/1800x vs x99 line is similar, both ~$50-70

this is enough to price ryzen combinations above equivalent intel combinations, when they're supposed to be, and are slightly cheaper alone.

meanwhile

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/638g72/100_off_ryzen_1700_with_purchase_of_mobo_at/

us microcenter gives $100 usd discount on ryzen 1700 with purchase of motherboard

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is that a teaser for potential higher OC headroom beyond 4 GHz? =:p
This o'c took just a day+ of tinkering at <1.30V, getting the next mere 100MHz+ will probably take a week+ at >1.4+V...

Think better wait for your show and tell instead, when are you getting yours? :D

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This o'c took just a day+ of tinkering at <1.30V, getting the next mere 100MHz+ will probably take a week+ at >1.4+V...

Think better wait for your show and tell instead, when are you getting yours? :D
Depending when they are going to solve all these issues.... :(:(

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i checked a few combinations, comparing cpu and boards that are closest or same in price alone.

the lower tiered ryzen 1400 gets almost no discounts. whereas the very cheapest g4560 + board gets $20-30.

ryzen 1600 gets ~$10-20, intel gets ~$40-50

ryzen 1700 gets ~$40, intel gets ~$60-70

the 1700x/1800x vs x99 line is similar, both ~$50-70

this is enough to price ryzen combinations above equivalent intel combinations, when they're supposed to be, and are slightly cheaper alone.

meanwhile

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/638g72/100_off_ryzen_1700_with_purchase_of_mobo_at/

us microcenter gives $100 usd discount on ryzen 1700 with purchase of motherboard
SLS retailers are leveraging on the price competitive nature of these Ryzen processor to maximise their profit from these 'combos'. They have certainly forgotten some retailers are also listing on online platform where we can get them cheaper with coupons...

On the other hand, the subsidy on Intel combo do make them very attractive and bargain...

Ferolare

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But stock Intel cooler :(

Although I'm still holding my breath wrt wraith stealth. Spire has my approval though, considering the highest temp my main cpu reported is about 68C :s34:

MacClipper

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Depending when they are going to solve all these issues.... :(:(
What issues are you concerned with?

Present test rig is running like a dream... think less complicated mobo = less potential issues. :)

Spire has my approval though, considering the highest temp my main cpu reported is about 68C :s34:
Is your Ryzen rig running the RAM at its specced speed?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.