Unblock TV Discussion Thread II [consolidated]

Status
Not open for further replies.

boonkang

Reaction score
Just FYI; currently (Mon 1:39am 2017-04-10)...

Unblock Gen 3 S900 w/ Bluetooth + FREE delivery + 1 year local guarantee -- selling (time sale ended) at this Qoo10 link:
http://list.qoo10.sg/g/474497883

See photo below:
V6qmhVO.jpg

Last edited:

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just FYI; currently (Mon 1:39am 2017-04-10)...

Unblock Gen 3 S900 w/ Bluetooth + FREE delivery + 1 year local guarantee -- selling $119 (time sale) at this Qoo10 link:
http://list.qoo10.sg/g/474497883

Many local authorised resellers are lowering their prices in an attempt to dump excess stock. Based on past track record, unblock releases a new or updated model every 4-6 months. I suspect a new model might be coming along soon. If not in a rush, i recommend buyers to wait for 1-2 months. Otherwise, just get it now for $119 which is a very good price.

darkonfire

Reaction score
I'm considering to get the UBOX because I've wanted a TV android box for a long time. However, considering my TV-watching habits, I was wondering if anyone had some advice.

I tend to rewatch mostly old shows like Simpsons, The Office, Friends, etc. I have them all in my hard drive, and now I'm using Chromecast on my TV to watch them. The more I look at the Unblock TV channels, the more I realised I'd rather just rewatch my old stuff, or stick to Netflix and Chromecast.

Should I go for a TV box like UBOX, or should I get something simpler like the Mi Box? Or do I not even need one? It's a hassle for me to turn on my laptop everytime I want to watch TV so I just need something simple that can stream my AVI or MP4 files to my TV.

Would appreciate advice, thank you!

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Many local authorised resellers are lowering their prices in an attempt to dump excess stock. Based on past track record, unblock releases a new or updated model every 4-6 months. I suspect a new model might be coming along soon. If not in a rush, i recommend buyers to wait for 1-2 months. Otherwise, just get it now for $119 which is a very good price.

If I just want to watch the channels provided by UBox, is now a good time to get or better to wait? I only worried if new version come out, the price will be higher than the current 179 dollars

i.e. I am quite unsure how higher specs can help

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm considering to get the UBOX because I've wanted a TV android box for a long time. However, considering my TV-watching habits, I was wondering if anyone had some advice.

I tend to rewatch mostly old shows like Simpsons, The Office, Friends, etc. I have them all in my hard drive, and now I'm using Chromecast on my TV to watch them. The more I look at the Unblock TV channels, the more I realised I'd rather just rewatch my old stuff, or stick to Netflix and Chromecast.

Should I go for a TV box like UBOX, or should I get something simpler like the Mi Box? Or do I not even need one? It's a hassle for me to turn on my laptop everytime I want to watch TV so I just need something simple that can stream my AVI or MP4 files to my TV.

Would appreciate advice, thank you!

Any generic $50-60 tv box available online will do if you are mainly playing media through ext. hdd. Can also install apps like movie hd to watch movies or drama through streaming.

If I just want to watch the channels provided by UBox, is now a good time to get or better to wait? I only worried if new version come out, the price will be higher than the current 179 dollars

You answered your own question. if you just want access to the ub apps and is not concerned about specs, then buy now if the price is ok for you. You might even want to consider the cheaper black 512mb ram version to save a few bucks. Buy tv box is not choose husband or wife. Dont have to wreck your brains day and night to make a choice. Just buy according to your needs and budget.

Last edited:

cheers

Reaction score
Isist easy to get past TVB serial? Not referring to live channel

Last edited:

arigatoast

Reaction score
hi guys i own a mxq tv box. saw my fren using UBbox which in-house app can watch tons of channels including HBO, Fox Sports, Star movies, all running smoothly without screen freeze or lag. damn good.
but i already own a mxq already so dont feel like buying a new Ubox. Any apk which i can install into my mxq to make it similar to UBbox?

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys i own a mxq tv box. saw my fren using UBbox which in-house app can watch tons of channels including HBO, Fox Sports, Star movies, all running smoothly without screen freeze or lag. damn good.
but i already own a mxq already so dont feel like buying a new Ubox. Any apk which i can install into my mxq to make it similar to UBbox?

No such thing as free lunch. There are free iptv apps out there, but they often work for a few weeks only before channels go down or the app stop working entirely. Pay money to get premium iptv subscription if you want longevity and stability.

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

You can try the free HDKAN (or called Chinese Live). It has less channels compared to UBbox, but it is good enough if you are looking at channels like HBO, Fox Sports, Star movies. It is unlike other free iptv apps, it is using its own servers.

install from here
http://down.hdkan.co/hs_tv_1.0.6.apk

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You answered your own question. if you just want access to the ub apps and is not concerned about specs, then buy now if the price is ok for you. You might even want to consider the cheaper black 512mb ram version to save a few bucks. Buy tv box is not choose husband or wife. Dont have to wreck your brains day and night to make a choice. Just buy according to your needs and budget.

Hmm you got a point there, thanks!

oldman1881

Reaction score

SGD119 is a very good buy liao, with 1-year warranty.
I just bought at 129 with 6 months only.
BTW, my Ubox3 had a big problem, black screen last weekend, just got exchange yesterday.

oldman1881

Reaction score
Hi, Guys
Any tip or solution to watch Discovery and Food Network Asia? No these two channels in UBTV.
Any other box has more or better documentation related channels, or more documentation channel can be reviewed?

in1996

Reaction score
Hi, Guys
Any tip or solution to watch Discovery and Food Network Asia? No these two channels in UBTV.
Any other box has more or better documentation related channels, or more documentation channel can be reviewed?
EasyTv inside evpad have what you mentioned.

Last edited:

ferocity

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Uvod is updated to a newer version again. The previous version was not properly encrypted and could be installed and used on any tv box. The new version has been properly locked by unblock. Tried installing on my spare mibox but is not able to enter the app.

in1996

Reaction score
Uvod is updated to a newer version again. The previous version was not properly encrypted and could be installed and used on any tv box. The new version has been properly locked by unblock. Tried installing on my spare mibox but is not able to enter the app.
It is look like a copycat version of togic apps 泰捷視頻 LoL

oldman1881

Reaction score

Which version can be used on other tv box? I tried few version but none of them worked on other boxes.

Sumairu

Reaction score
Hi guys, I accidentally set the resolution to 4k on my 1080p display and now it's not showing anything. I tried pressing the reset button on the back but it doesn't seems to reset anything. I don't have any 4k display in my house. :(

Edit: manage to change it back after nevigating through it with a blank screen lol

Last edited:

ckjoe03

Reaction score
Hi guys, I accidentally set the resolution to 4k on my 1080p display and now it's not showing anything. I tried pressing the reset button on the back but it doesn't seems to reset anything. I don't have any 4k display in my house. :(

Edit: manage to change it back after nevigating through it with a blank screen lol

Your display goes back to 1080p now?

Can i check with you even with HDMI port but my tv is maybe only 720p, can Ubox works on it? I am not getting ubox detected on my TV... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.