Super Robot Wars V

tidiii

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Waaah, bro, I didnt know much also... lol... on Chapter 9 now... I went to evenly distribute stats on the mech... lol...

Not sure if they got new game+ hahahaz..

Most probably will try and experiment... i used up the pre-order money on even distribution...

The pre-order mechs are really good too... not sure if should switch the pilots

yea i did the same thing too...then the route split...half my upgraded mech gone..got new ones...

got new game+ so if u planning to run twice, dun need bother so much ba

yea like i said, the pre order mech is v good. i dun see the point in switching pilot yet...unless u have a cmi pilot in a lousy mech then u can swap but u cant freely swap..can only swap those from the same series or set..

Azriel The Cat

Reaction score
Yea man... i just reach the route split also... all gone and got this "Power Ranger" type mechs... aiyo... hahahaha, I will just see how the story panned out... the game auto put me on hard mode it seems.

yea i did the same thing too...then the route split...half my upgraded mech gone..got new ones...

got new game+ so if u planning to run twice, dun need bother so much ba

yea like i said, the pre order mech is v good. i dun see the point in switching pilot yet...unless u have a cmi pilot in a lousy mech then u can swap but u cant freely swap..can only swap those from the same series or set..

shin7829

Reaction score
This is SRW-Z3

Trider G7
Tetsujin 28-Go
Six God Combination Godmars
Super Dimension Century Orguss
Gundam
Mobile Suit Z Gundam (UC)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char’s Counterattack (UC)
New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz (AC)
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny (CE)
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 the Movie: A Wakening of the Trailblazer (AD)
Aim For The Top! Gunbuster
Macross
Macross 7
Macross Dynamite 7
Macross Frontier: Itsuwari no Utahime
Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa
Getter Robo Armageddon
Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z Hen
Dai-Guard
The Big O
Full Metal Panic!
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
Dancouga
Dancouga Nova
Gurren Lagann
Gurren Lagann The Movie: The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Evangelion
Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone
Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
DEBUT Series

Aquarion EVOL
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn (UC)
Armored Trooper Votoms
Armored Trooper Votoms: Big Battle
Armored Trooper VotomsArmored Trooper Votoms: The Brilliant Heretic

While this is SRW-V

Invincible Super Man Zambot 3
Invincible Steel Man Daitarn 3
Mobile Suit Gundam Z
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char’s Counterattack
Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaway’s Flash
Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam
Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam: Skull Heart
Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam: Steel Seven
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny
Mobile Suit Gundam 00: A Wakening of the Trailblazer
Mobile Suit Gundam UC
The Brave Express Might Gaine
Martian Successor Nadesico: The Motion Picture – Prince of Darkness
Getter Robo Armageddon
Mazinger Edition Z: The Impact!
Shin Mazinger ZERO vs. Great General of Darkness
Fullmetal Panic!
Fullmetal Panic? Fumoffu
Fullmetal Panic! The Second Raid
Fullmetal Panic! (Original Novel Version)
Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone
Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance
Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo
Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and

Last edited:

little_one

Reaction score
dont forget Z3 is the third entry and released near EOL of PS3

meanwhile Super robot wars V is the first entry and the first non-og released on PS4

i think they remade the engine/model/animation for current generation on PS4 thats why the roster is lack compared to Z3

shin7829

Reaction score
dont forget Z3 is the third entry and released near EOL of PS3

meanwhile Super robot wars V is the first entry and the first non-og released on PS4

i think they remade the engine/model/animation for current generation on PS4 thats why the roster is lack compared to Z3

Yes
But still its a fact the series are lacking

little_one

Reaction score
Yes
But still its a fact the series are lacking

hopefully next SRW on PS4 at least have gurren lagann , really thats all i hope

and if somehow they add neo granzone , guren lagan + neo granzone i can retire my PS4 ord

and if somehow they add shurouga sin and dis astranagun , i buy the premium collector edition or watever

Last edited:

Shinobimaru

Reaction score
Done with the game! Overall I find the game too easy compared to other series.

Boss does not have high HP nor do they cast seishin on certain thereshold.

The access to seishin in this series makes the whole game even easier.

I hope they will come up with a better cast after their market testing.

little_one

Reaction score
miss out black gainer :(

any1 know if black gainer required for anything or just simply additional unit ? :(

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is SRW-Z3

Trider G7
Tetsujin 28-Go
Six God Combination Godmars
Super Dimension Century Orguss
Gundam
Mobile Suit Z Gundam (UC)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char’s Counterattack (UC)
New Mobile Report Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz (AC)
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny (CE)
Mobile Suit Gundam 00 the Movie: A Wakening of the Trailblazer (AD)
Aim For The Top! Gunbuster
Macross
Macross 7
Macross Dynamite 7
Macross Frontier: Itsuwari no Utahime
Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa
Getter Robo Armageddon
Shin Mazinger Shougeki! Z Hen
Dai-Guard
The Big O
Full Metal Panic!
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
Dancouga
Dancouga Nova
Gurren Lagann
Gurren Lagann The Movie: The Lights in the Sky are Stars
Evangelion
Rebuild of Evangelion 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone
Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
DEBUT Series

Aquarion EVOL
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn (UC)
Armored Trooper Votoms
Armored Trooper Votoms: Big Battle
Armored Trooper VotomsArmored Trooper Votoms: The Brilliant Heretic

While this is SRW-V

Invincible Super Man Zambot 3
Invincible Steel Man Daitarn 3
Mobile Suit Gundam Z
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
Mobile Suit Gundam: Char’s Counterattack
Mobile Suit Gundam: Hathaway’s Flash
Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam
Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam: Skull Heart
Mobile Suit Crossbone Gundam: Steel Seven
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny
Mobile Suit Gundam 00: A Wakening of the Trailblazer
Mobile Suit Gundam UC
The Brave Express Might Gaine
Martian Successor Nadesico: The Motion Picture – Prince of Darkness
Getter Robo Armageddon
Mazinger Edition Z: The Impact!
Shin Mazinger ZERO vs. Great General of Darkness
Fullmetal Panic!
Fullmetal Panic? Fumoffu
Fullmetal Panic! The Second Raid
Fullmetal Panic! (Original Novel Version)
Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone
Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance
Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo
Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and

Cannot like that compare. Z3 has 3 episodes to cover up multiple backstories (and some of them were covered from Z and Z2), so it is natural to have such a big roster without players feeling plot holes.

V, however, is a standalone title, with no intentions of sequels. Some more an average Super Robot Wars' game stages are around 35 - 50+ stages, so it is hard to squeeze in more titles.

Best I knew was Alpha. It was like 80+ stages of pure 0rgasm. Excluding split routes. Back then it was the first fully animated battle in the franchise. After that they kept including upgraded UI, more advanced animation which greatly takes up alot of filesize, so scenario count went down (not gonna include Alpha Gaiden's 30+ only scenarios cos that one was a spin-off side story)

If you ask me, I still prefer Apha and its roster. Full animated battles, CG versions of important scenes in the robots' anime episodes, being able to split up combined robots (I loved Dancouga. Delpoy it, and I can divide it into 4 robots muahaha), Gundams with Core Fighters still have a chance to fight after MS is destroyed. Valkyries full access of their Fighter, Gerwalk and Batteroid modes alternatively etc

V is abit weird for my taste cos the English version would tend to make you fee the translation does not fully coincide with the dialog, though I understand that some were modified or have an extra line added to make it sound reasonable in English, but also find it quite odd that alot of the robots just appear without a backstory. Like Ryoma appear in Black Getter, Xi Gundam appeared with Nadesico without us knowing the origins of Hathaway, and not to forget Crossbone where if nobody played Alpha and Alpha 2, nobody would know who Seabook is and he was the protagonist of F91, then after that piloted the Crossbone.

Much as I love the franchise, I prefer a good storyline instead of just throwing robots in for the sake of doing so.

Still, I like the fact that ZZ is back (simply miss the music!) and once again ZZ and Z can transform into their MA forms (why Grungurst can't???) Hope Daiturn 3 can too

Would appreciate if if they

little_one

Reaction score
After played till almost end , its quite obvious they put most of the effort towards mazin zero and emperor . Every attack have additional badass animation , also their scenario development is most interesting imo that 1 stage where we save koji is the most interesting to me . Mazin zero and emperor definitely the two superstar of the game

cross ange , getter robo and EVA also quite good , enryugo from cross ange i think have the best attack scene in the game

Gundam z and zz have decent animation and model but the other gundam series seems half assed , especially seed i suspect they still using old asset for seed . QO quanta and nuGundam doesnt have even a single interesting animation . Unicorn and banshee norn only have 1 or 2 additional animation between them *sigh*

Daitarn and zambot also lame i think they oso dont have a single additional animation , nadesico and FMP is ... whatever i guess ....

overall definitely not the best SRW , whatever they do i hope they keep mazin zero and emperor in the next series , cheesus christ these two are so badass

Mazin zero + empror + mazinkaiser SKL + guren lagan == i dont care about the other

Last edited:

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hope there is a walkthrough.
So far I know can unlock Bonta-kun

Personally experienced Bonus stage from Mightgaine defeating Hiryu personally without outside help.

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
After played till almost end , its quite obvious they put most of the effort towards mazin zero and emperor . Every attack have additional badass animation , also their scenario development is most interesting imo that 1 stage where we save koji is the most interesting to me . Mazin zero and emperor definitely the two superstar of the game

cross ange , getter robo and EVA also quite good , enryugo from cross ange i think have the best attack scene in the game

Gundam z and zz have decent animation and model but the other gundam series seems half assed , especially seed i suspect they still using old asset for seed . QO quanta and nuGundam doesnt have even a single interesting animation . Unicorn and banshee norn only have 1 or 2 additional animation between them *sigh*

Daitarn and zambot also lame i think they oso dont have a single additional animation , nadesico and FMP is ... whatever i guess ....

overall definitely not the best SRW , whatever they do i hope they keep mazin zero and emperor in the next series , cheesus christ these two are so badass

Mazin zero + empror + mazinkaiser SKL + guren lagan == i dont care about the other

My all-time favorite would be Shin Getter Robo!

Like it so much my Gamersquare forum nick was Shin Getter-1

AikiBoy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this series no kick maybe?
ususally i will play SRW even no time to complete...

zzz OG3 collecting dust.

AikiBoy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

after seeing this... i gotthe urge to replay OG3, i stopped somewhere lol... :s13:

little_one

Reaction score
yea Bar mazin zero and mazin emperor G and some of cross ange mecha

animation in SRW v sucks

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this series no kick maybe?
ususally i will play SRW even no time to complete...

zzz OG3 collecting dust.

Usually for older series like Z, Z2, Z3, MX etc past games I'd have to take a year plus playing slowly.

For V, with the same speed, I am already on stage 40 (bought it 1 day before official launch date), so 12 more stages to completion.

The story too rushed due to having 0nly 40+ stages to integrate backstories and developments together. The list stated Evangelion 3.0 as being one of the works, end up just special robots to achieve. No real backstory at all. Same goes for Bonta-kun.

And what is worse, the translation sucks... One obvious recurring typo is "solider" -___-

Up to now still prefer Alpha

eeLsinneD

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And I forgot to mention.
For the older series, medics and resupplies were cruscial. This one, I can survive the scenarios if I don't have them deployed.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.